test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Liberated Borg and Delta

westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
A lot of the stuff thats gonna be in delta has some borg hating species and I was wondering if there will be special conversations and stuff if your captain is liberated borg. Id assume that diplomatic relations with certain species wouldnt be able to happen easily if you deal with them.
Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I wanted my Borg Captain to ask for Seven's autograph
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    thraxianxthraxianx Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Id like to see my liberated borg be able to join the collective whatever it is called. But that would make WAY to much sense for Cryptic.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thraxianx wrote: »
    Id like to see my liberated borg be able to join the collective whatever it is called. But that would make WAY to much sense for Cryptic.

I assume you mean the cooperative and it doesnt really look like itd make much sense. We are borg that reclaimed our lives our individuality why would we give up some of that?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    westx211 wrote: »
    I assume you mean the cooperative and it doesnt really look like itd make much sense. We are borg that reclaimed our lives our individuality why would we give up some of that?

Exactly, the Cooperative are nothing more than another Collective, however, they don't completely destroy the original identity of it's members...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thraxianx wrote: »

It might make sense for some Liberated Borg Captains to join a Liberated Borg faction, but that would require some future Expansion years from now. Personally, my Liberated Borg captain could care less which faction she belongs to since she has no emotional attachments to the Federation besides the members of her crew and no sense of gratitude from being liberated from the Collective since she was exiled from the Borg.

Liberated Borg seem to be the good drow of the Star Trek universe. They are instantly given a tragic backstory just because they are victims that are forced to assimilate other beings. Therefore, my backstory as an exiled borg to avoid the standard tragic backstory.
  • Options
    thraxianxthraxianx Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    westx211 wrote: »

Yes, i couldn't remember the name of it. LOLOL, i think it would bring more depth and factions to the game.
    starkaos wrote: »
    It might make sense for some Liberated Borg Captains to join a Liberated Borg faction, but that would require some future Expansion years from now. Personally, my Liberated Borg captain could care less which faction she belongs to since she has no emotional attachments to the Federation besides the members of her crew and no sense of gratitude from being liberated from the Collective since she was exiled from the Borg.

Liberated Borg seem to be the good drow of the Star Trek universe. They are instantly given a tragic backstory just because they are victims that are forced to assimilate other beings. Therefore, my backstory as an exiled borg to avoid the standard tragic backstory.

I understand your position, but at the sametime while the Borg have become individuals, they are essentially a new faction/species that is not part of the means of conquering or assimilating any longer but creating a new society that is unknown would be interesting all onto itself that Cryptic could create. While im assuming that some Borg still exists with the old means of what they were once were?
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Don't bet on it because Borg captains will only be identified as regular 'faction' captains. Just because your character is a Borg, doesn;t mean the Borg NPCs will recognize you as Borg.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better