test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

hrm

darthkuribohdarthkuriboh Member Posts: 211 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Klingon Discussion
I'd like to post an image of my Fleet Varanus but it won't let me post my jpg as an attachment
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'd like to post an image of my Fleet Varanus but it won't let me post my jpg as an attachment

You have to host the image elsewhere and post an IMG link. Most forums do that - they don't want to host your jpgs.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • darthkuribohdarthkuriboh Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    okay I linked it here
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Are you.. looking for advice.. or just sharing?
    edited September 2014
    mostly sharing. They were bad talking the Varanus in another thread as it's only a Gorn ship, not Klingon, but I use it in Elite STF's all of the time. I gravity well like crazy, too
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In the game, any ship can be built well and played well. As long as you know what the strengths of the ship are and know how to make the most of it, it's all good.

I like the Veranus, but then again, in terms of KDF science options, it's one of the very few options out there. Are there better sci ships you can get as a KDF player? Yes. But really, in those multiplayer instances, all anyone gives a **** about with a science ship is you do your part right.

Anyways, you can be a TRIBBLE player flying the "bestest" ship of the game (whatever that may be) with the most expensive, high end equipment, fanciest traits, etc. But your'e still a TRIBBLE player.

I'd like to point out all those gloriously beautiful, green Thalaron Clouds of Dead Scimitars that are killed in hilarious fashion. Repeatedly. In even those STFs. I've seen those fancy, OP Scimitars blow up on the first Cube in an ISE in less than 10 seconds. I just shake my head and continue on. I've had this saying for a long time now that "Victory is paved on the green Thalaron Clouds of Dead Scimitars." Some idiot rushing in guns blazing but dies so quick that you barely have time to believe what just happened with such an OP ship.

I've flown my share of "support ships" and have did my part for the team, keeping others alive so they can do their part better. I've been the Engineer repeatedly putting EPS Transfer on teammates like a TAC on a Scimitar that to me, seems to know what he's doing. I give him that buff so he becomes that much better with all that extra subsystem power. I've been in the Cruisers / Science Ships that keep others alive, or provide buffs / debuffs. Some of them acknowledge this and thank me because it made their job so easy. Some of them chalk up their fancy numbers on their Parser solely for their efforts, never realizing that others made that job easy for them.

Anyways, as long as you build whatever ship you fly right and play right, nobody gives a damn and won't complain. They will complain if you're flying around clueless, and it doesn't matter what the hell you fly. They'll have their preferences, sure. But as long as you play your ship right and perform, then fine. Everyone else can go pack sand.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hey darthkuriboh, since you started off fairly recently (I assume it's the same char.) you really managed to outfit that ship with some really nice quality gear! :)
    Don't concern yourself with someone badmouthing the ship, the thing about this forum is - people will badmouth anything and everything here. Like warmaker001b said, that has nothing to do with how one preforms in a ship, it more has to do with personal bias on behalf of some people. If you enjoy the ship, have fun and have found a way to preform well - that's the only thing that matters. For ex., my favourite ship in the game is still the Bortasqu' battlecruiser and if you go by threads and posts around here here - it's probably the most hated ship. :D

Anyway, my main KDF Science Captain is a Joined Trill that has used the Varanus since...forever and I plan on upgrading the ship once 'Delta Rising' arrives. The only thing I'd say currently in regards to your ship is that if you really like making GWs, maybe drop a few consoles that boost those instead of the ones you currently have, when you have the opportunity.
    I'd like to point out all those gloriously beautiful, green Thalaron Clouds of Dead Scimitars that are killed in hilarious fashion.

The most glorius feeling in STO - turning a Scimitar into a thalaron cloud with a B'rel! :) I'm so small....he's sooo big.....such a BIG BADA BOOM!!! Hehe :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited September 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Hey darthkuriboh, since you started off fairly recently (I assume it's the same char.) you really managed to outfit that ship with some really nice quality gear! :)
    Don't concern yourself with someone badmouthing the ship, the thing about this forum is - people will badmouth anything and everything here. Like warmaker001b said, that has nothing to do with how one preforms in a ship, it more has to do with personal bias on behalf of some people. If you enjoy the ship, have fun and have found a way to preform well - that's the only thing that matters. For ex., my favourite ship in the game is still the Bortasqu' battlecruiser and if you go by threads and posts around here here - it's probably the most hated ship. :D

Anyway, my main KDF Science Captain is a Joined Trill that has used the Varanus since...forever and I plan on upgrading the ship once 'Delta Rising' arrives. The only thing I'd say currently in regards to your ship is that if you really like making GWs, maybe drop a few consoles that boost those instead of the ones you currently have, when you have the opportunity.

The most glorius feeling in STO - turning a Scimitar into a thalaron cloud with a B'rel! :) I'm so small....he's sooo big.....such a BIG BADA BOOM!!! Hehe :D

hey Shpoks,

Yep same character. Kogh the science Klingon, my main. I do have some others, but Kogh has had most of my development. I've gotten most of the borg space equipment and I'm leaning towards getting the shield but I don't know since I did get an elite fleet shield. It's taken a lot of grinding but I got there!

I do crowd control. Works really well in borg and undine STF's, gravity well is my friend!