test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Queue Revamps

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Captains! Delta Rising will feature challenges that will test the mettle of even the strongest crew. Can you and your officers take on the newest difficulty level? Learn more about it in our latest dev blog by Content Designer, Matt Miller.

Read more about it in our blog here!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Long overdue and very much appreciated

Can't wait to try out the new Elite queues

And may I say, Failure Conditions! About time man, Less autopilots and more people paying attention hopefully
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think we're gonna see a major new era in the "Post your worst STF Experience" thread...
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    STO goes EXTREME!!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Wow, so it's not just stat buffs too..Excellent work..Now gear has a purpose..instead of making it faster...Very good..
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    adverbero wrote: »
    Long overdue and very much appreciated

Can't wait to try out the new Elite queues

And may I say, Failure Conditions! About time man, Less autopilots and more people paying attention hopefully
    Yes... I can't wait to do elite in my old freebie T5 ship with white gear. :P

<_<>_> what?

It's not like it'll be THAT hard. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Finally a chance of actual failure for playing stupidly. I am ready to have a challenge for my tried-and-true layouts and maybe change them.

Just a thought before people swarm in to complain about needing "the best possible ship" meaning you are forced to buy T6. Fun times ahead.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    *whistles*

This oughta be interesting...
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
    edited September 2014
    I think we're gonna see a major new era in the "Post your worst STF Experience" thread...

And they'll be people trying to pug elite :rolleyes:.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Actual failure conditions? HOLY S[REDACTED]!
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Actual failure conditions? HOLY S[REDACTED]!

Imagine the ranting on the forum in the first few days :D

No one told me!
    I don't read Dev blogs!
    Cryptic's PR is bad!
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My immediate reaction...

"Have the cooldown timers changed?"

Cryptic: Please answer this. Does this stay the same, or is it changing? And in what way? I dread having a repeat of the Mirror STF from a few months ago, where you queue up, play... and someone inevitably blows it for everyone. And it's a pain to wait to play again, have other players blow it again, and rinse-repeat...

But I'm looking forward to playing this! Nice work!

(Btw, I still wish the revamped "Elite" mode was being called "Nightmare" mode. I presume this is what CaptainGeko was alluding to around this time last year.)
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Needing to adhere to proper teamwork and tactics or being hit with immediate failure, brings meaning and purpose back to end game and the grind for the gear. This is my favourite news so far, the icing on the cake, and we still have more anouncements to come :D

The screams of anguish from those that try not, shall fuel the laughter from those of us that do
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think the biggest challenge won't be the queues themselves but finding competent individuals to do the queues with :P
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How delicious.

I expect the tears on the forums to be great. This is going to be fun.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited September 2014
    This is absolutely sensational! I hope it does live up to the hype!

Well done.
  • firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    actually these are the first DR news i'm actually happy about! great effort!
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well this will be fun. Though I don't do much queues I can tell there will be those people that will rage either in game or on the forums.
    edited September 2014
    All the ragers can just zerg advanced.
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    trelane87 wrote: »
    I think the biggest challenge won't be the queues themselves but finding competent individuals to do the queues with :P
    EXACTLY.

/10chars
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Someone will still turn up in a miranda.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    All the ragers can just zerg advanced.

And everyone who wants those crafting materials for superior upgrade kits HAS to do elite. :P
  • rld2rld2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This more shields and hp mess is the easy way out to make a harder enemy. Why not make them 'smarter' and more specialized in their class, not just add hp and shields to make it 'take longer' to kill them.
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just wanna make sure I'm clear about this concerning how the Normal -> Advanced -> Elite goes concerning events.

Take Infected: Space for example. Would it be like this?:

Normal: Same as usual, kill everything, Optional being complete the mission in 10 minutes without letting the Nanite Spheres heal the Transformer

Advanced: Kill everything in under 10 minutes plus something bonus (say, destroy the Gate in 5 or something)

Elite: Kill everything in under 10 and the Advanced Optional (i.e.: kill the Gate in under 5) plus something bonus
    edited September 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    And everyone who wants those crafting materials for superior upgrade kits HAS to do elite. :P

Nooope, they can buy them.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited September 2014

But they won't, they will join YOUR team and do terrible things ! Resistance is futile ! :D
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They haven't been mentioned in the patch notes, but the difficulty slider change seems to be in on tribble, at least in part. I noticed the other day when I turned it up to elite and promptly ran face first into a group of 3 Malon frigates with 170,000 hp each that just seemed to shrug off everything I did to them (compared to normal where battleships had about 150k and were pretty durable, but not quite Voth durable - I could occasionally pop them before they got off RSP).
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Oh goody, more ego fodder. :rolleyes:
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Interesting. Curious to see how this plays out.

And hey, I know that dev! :D
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Ashkrik, who do you think supplies the materials you have to buy? Some might be from C-store packs but most are from running the queued events.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited September 2014
    *Starts to cry*

Big Kudos to the dev team...

YUZ!!!

Let the games,

BEGIN!!!!