test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stealth Modules - Love them, mostly

caltaircaltair Member Posts: 135 Arc User
So I am all about subterfuge with one of my toons and since he's a tac I am using a Mk XII Very Rare Stealth Module. I use it quite frequently and I adjust a lot of my gameplay to work with the pros and cons of the module. I may be invisible but I'm also a lot slower etc. And I'm fine with all that. In my mind those things are style choices.

What does bother me is the fact that if an opponent sees me before I cloak I might as well never cloak because the enemy will always be able to track me and I will either have to be lucky in getting out of the room (if there is a room) or decloaking and killing him or simply dying myself. Even if I'm able to move away I still have to activate Ambush (also Mk XII Very Rare) with my stealth and run in circles before the enemy will finally give up. I do understand that some species have Perception skills and abilities that make the cloak less effective, that's fine but the purpose of a stealth module/cloaking device is to hide from those who would shoot you on sight. How many times have we seen both Klingons and Romulans use the cloak to break off from a fight with someone who already had them in their sights? The cloak is often a way to end a fight and escape but for the Stealth Module it doesn't seem to work that way at all.

I would like to see an improvement on the escape abilities (obviously; if my rant hasn't shown that by now then my english would have to be called in question) for the stealth module. It doesn't have to be perfect, just useful. Even if there was somekind of drawback to the escape, I'd be down for learning the system. I just want more functionability.
liCO4Xm.jpg
Post edited by caltair on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Here's another thought about stealth modules. do we really need them as a kit module or could people like a stealth ability built into an amor? specifically i'm thinking of defera where we see intelligence officers (of a sort) decloaking at certain times and places for a few seconds and then cloak again. they are always wearing some kind of special suit that looks like it is a cloaking device in and of itself.
    if the suit itself is a cloak then maybe it would have a larger power source that would allow for more complete cloaks, something more like 7000 stealth but would have to be deactivated after a certain amount of time. that way you would still have some kind of playable disadvantage that could be exploited but at the same time you have a remarkable advantage in play style.
    liCO4Xm.jpg
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    caltair wrote: »
    Here's another thought about stealth modules. do we really need them as a kit module or could people like a stealth ability built into an amor? specifically i'm thinking of defera where we see intelligence officers (of a sort) decloaking at certain times and places for a few seconds and then cloak again. they are always wearing some kind of special suit that looks like it is a cloaking device in and of itself.
    if the suit itself is a cloak then maybe it would have a larger power source that would allow for more complete cloaks, something more like 7000 stealth but would have to be deactivated after a certain amount of time. that way you would still have some kind of playable disadvantage that could be exploited but at the same time you have a remarkable advantage in play style.

That suit you are referring to, is the Omega gear set.

It has the ability with 2 of the 3pcs., to render you in stealth mode.

Also I have tested stealth, and it seems not to work well against the Borg at all.

Even with a +500 or higher, they still see me with roughly a 75% success rate!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Well the Omega set works more like Ambush in reverse mode and isn't a true cloak. I'm wanting an actual cloaking suit that maybe sacrifices a bit on other defences in favor of stealth.

As for the Borg, yeah I've noticed that too! It's annoying lol.... It's interesting to see the species that can and cannot see through cloaks on a normal basis. Hirogen can almost always see through it, so can the Borg but the Tholians will only notice if you're standing on their leg for several seconds.

The problem though is that if anyone (good perception or not) sees you before you cloak, you're just screwed and the cloak won't help you get away.
    liCO4Xm.jpg
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    You need a Jem Hadar..Built in cloaking (temporary)..Tho it is below that of the stealth module. I activate it before going into a room. Just cant get too close and im not targeted.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.