What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official New Space Queue "Borg: Disconnected" Feedback Thread

13»

Comments

• jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    So I finally gave this a go, on normal. Here are my first impressions.

- You're doing this odd-numbered splitting of the party again? 5 players with 3 positions to cover? I'm not really a fan of this.

- It was pretty boring. Shoot enemy Borg, mash F to free Borg, rinse and repeat. I saw what appeared to be a pattern in which the waves would spawn at certain points, but I wasn't sure.

- Borg Cubes have shield neutralizer again! Thank you! Quite possibly the only good highlight from this instance.

- The Voth are using special warheads that can only be destroyed by ramming. Do you need to use ramming speed or do you just need to hit it with your ship?

- I wouldn't say this mission is difficult because you're facing tough enemies, but rather you're facing a large number of familiar enemy types by the third phase. Quantity over quality.

- It was quite impressive fitting that huge fortress ship in the instance, though I assume it's some sort of limited background object.

- The fight with the dreadnoughts at the end was relatively boring.

Overall, this really presented nothing new in terms of gameplay. It's just a time consuming shooting gallery where everything is thrown at you but the kitchen sink. And from this, higher difficulties don't seem worthwhile.

i take it you havent seen the new scaling for difficulty then, elite story missions have ensigns with like 2000 HP on ground...imagine a borg cube
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Agreed,

At the moment there seems to be alot of testing aroung a 2,2,1 spilt among the spawn areas to try and get all the optionals, so far this tactic (on tribble that I have been testing on) seems to do fairly to get most of the optionals (so far when I have been on teams using this tactic, we basically get all the optionals). "Note, the Dreadnought Options are a bit more difficult to get".

I havent seen any other tactics yet, but I am sure they will come around.

On advanced it is a little more tricky, as you really need someone to be a massive argo magnet and survive long enough for the "runner and scooter" to get those borg ships rescued, then turn to assist you dealing with the borg.

Crowd control could potentially be a great life saver on this higher difficulties, especially grav well and TBR, that is my opinion so far. Also if you can get the borg and voth to engage one another, it does make it slightly easier to rescue ships, though usually this NPC engagement doesnt last long, so you need to be quick.

And in answer to another question on this thread, the answer is YES. All you need to do is run into those voth torps normally, and they will be destroyed.

Piece of advice though that I saw in the queues, try not to do it when your shields are down, it does decent damage to a unshielded ship :).
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i take it you havent seen the new scaling for difficulty then, elite story missions have ensigns with like 2000 HP on ground...imagine a borg cube

If it's just more HP and damage, I don't see the point. I'd probably have to switch to a higher DPS ship just to make the instance feel shorter. I want to use my brain, not get stuck with shooting an enemy with a gazillion hit points and can one shot me with little effort, cutting through all my defensive abilities as if I never even used them. It's lazy, and after four years, it gets old.

On holodeck, ground never really presented much of a challenge if you use the right tactics and have a good team setup. Compared to normal, it's just more time consuming with little reward. Definitely something that Cryptic should change to make it more worthwhile.
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Tried it for the first time on Normal. I think it should be a six person queue, since there's three spots to take. Also how are you supposed to "ram" the torpedo?
  • commanderandercommanderander Member Posts: 78 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    Hi everyone,

Regarding ramming the torpedos, you only have to have your ship physically run into it, it does not have to use ramming speed, etc. It acts like a regular torpedo, so the minute it hits an entity, it will explode.
    Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It acts like a regular torpedo, so the minute it hits an entity, it will explode.

That's not how a regular torpedo acts. A regular (targetable) torpedo explodes when it hits the entity it's targeting. :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hi everyone,

Regarding ramming the torpedos, you only have to have your ship physically run into it, it does not have to use ramming speed, etc. It acts like a regular torpedo, so the minute it hits an entity, it will explode.

What would be funny and useful is if you guys made a torpedo set for usage on ships with enhanced battle cloaks to do the flash aspect instead of a 3 second decloak window lol.
  • ereiidereiid Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Low Priority Interaction button, after completion reads "Contact Riley Frasier" (Unity).

Seven comes up in after-mission report.
  • jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 361 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    dalolorn wrote: »
    That's not how a regular torpedo acts. A regular (targetable) torpedo explodes when it hits the entity it's targeting. :P

Actually, a targetable torpedo, such as a high-yield plasma torpedo, has a controller on it telling it to explode when it's very close to any enemy. It's possible for torpedoes to hit other torpedoes or intercepting picket ships and detonate (a fact that has kept my torpedoes from impacting against enemy Romulan ships from time to time).
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jheinig wrote: »
    Actually, a targetable torpedo, such as a high-yield plasma torpedo, has a controller on it telling it to explode when it's very close to any enemy. It's possible for torpedoes to hit other torpedoes or intercepting picket ships and detonate (a fact that has kept my torpedoes from impacting against enemy Romulan ships from time to time).

Interesting. I'll have to try that sometime...

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    jheinig wrote: »
    I'm having flashbacks, Jesse, of that old Romulan NPC bug where the plasma torpedoes came back and hit them instead of the enemy instead. :P
  • birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have only played this on Normal Difficulty so far with so few testers on.
    There seems to be a lack of disconnected ship in the final wave before the bosses and the left side has rarely any show up at all.
  • mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just run normal for the first time and my initial thoughts and feedback.

Mission design requires some intelligence in team play, i.e. working in pairs someone draws aggro, someone rescues ships. Like the idea of that as it draws away the standard pug practice of blow everything away and then rescue ships etc.

Plasma torpedo's are a pain if your trying to rescue ships as the plasma burns interrupt the rescue, hazard emitters help to minimise the impact from these but still potentially limits the ability to rescue all the ships. Would help if plasma burns didn't interrupt the interacts.

End of mission interact dialogue button say's to speak to Riley Frazier, but brings up an dialogue box where you talk to seven of nine.
  • doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    An engineer with threat control can't be used as target. If no player has the intelligence to help him, he can not do anything
    Qapla'
  • zenjudgementzenjudgement Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have played normal and advanced. Overall I like the new queue, and it does encourage the use of more intelligent play and agro control strategies. However, I think the queue drifts towards the side of too many factions being involved. My initial response to the Undine and Voth warping in was negative, as their involvement really did not make sense.