test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Overgrown Caves (New Romulus mission) breaks

qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
If you accidentally leave the cave after viewing, but before submitting, the recording, the mission becomes uncompletable. You can't re-enter the cave to submit it, and there's no way to do so once outside. Mission cannot be dropped and re-started, either.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hm, i remember this was a bug time ago, but dunno how i managed to drop the mission and i did it again. I dont even know if this was actually fixed, but i will not count on it.
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Isn't that coupled to a daily?
    I'm afraid you have to wait 20h for the next try.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    valenn1 wrote: »
    Isn't that coupled to a daily?
    I'm afraid you have to wait 20h for the next try.
    I would have to wait 20h to run it again, if I could drop the mission. I can't; there's no option to do so, and at this point, it's been about 3 days.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    qqqqii wrote: »
    I would have to wait 20h to run it again, if I could drop the mission. I can't; there's no option to do so, and at this point, it's been about 3 days.

Im telling you. This happened to me. And i managed to drop it. I dunno if it was some update cryptic made that allowed me to reset the mission or something else. But this happened to me 1 year ago. I did the mission but i forgot to submit the recording and that mission was stucked for me. But it happened a long time ago, so im sorry i cant tell you what to do to drop the mission.

This been reported several times in the past 2 years, but never fixed. Seeing how abandoned is New Romulus by cryptic (thousands of bugs there, but meh, its the same as the other zones actually) maybe thats the reason a lot of things there were never fixed. Like Defera, or other places.

My only sugesstion is for you to write a ticket and hope a miracle to see if the next updates fix this, but again, no bugs are being fixed since time ago, so it could be a loooooong wait.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Talk to the Romulan Citizen in the area of the mission entrance. He is who you get the mission from. The instance missions on New Romulus are dailies and can be done once every 20 hours. When talking to the citizen it will show how long you have to wait until you can do it again. Sadly if you forget to submit the recording you're gonna have to wait, but it doesn't mean you won't ever be able to complete it.

The cutscene missions you get automatically at each tier never could be dropped and they can only be completed once each. The only way to get rid of them is to view the recordings and submit the reports.

The custcene missions are:
    Hidden Camera - No instance needed. It's just a bush left of the giant doors that lead to your Fleet Embassy and is a short walk from the transporter pad where you beam into New Romulus. Just watch the recording then submit it.

Secret Shuttle Codes - To do the instance so you can submit the recording inside, talk to the Romulan Citizen at the transporter pad at the Mountain Pass area and take the 'Mountain Base' mission. When you get to the end of the map and defeat the final enemies, you'll see 1 of the prisoners you need to free tied up on the ground in front of a shuttlecraft. When you go to free him you'll see a 'Watch Recording' button. After watching the cutscene it will change into a 'Submit Recording' button which completes 'Secret Shuttle Codes'.

Web Access - Talk to the Romulan Citizen near the transporter pad at the Paehhos Crater area and take the 'Overgrown Caves' daily mission. At the end of the map there will be a device with 3 glowing consoles around it. Your objective is to shut down the device. 2 of the consoles are used for shutting it down. The console at the back of the device is where you view and submit your recording.

Latest Findings - No instance needed. Just go to the giant Fleet Embassy doors in the Staging Area and talk to the Security Officer outside to view the cutscene then submit the recording afterwards.

Secrets of the Ancients - Talk to the Romulan Citizen next to the transporter pad at Hwael Ruins area. At the end of the map and after defeating the tholians, go to the middle of the room to view the recording. Afterwards you will have a button to hail D'Tan and complete 'Secrets of the Ancients'. This mission gives you 32,000 dilithium, 40,000 energy credits, 750 romulan marks, and 68,250 expertise.

Notes: Although 'The Power Source' (Hwael Ruins instance) is available at tier 4 romulan reputation and is the final instance unlocked, you don't get 'Secrets of the Ancients' until tier 5. So wait until you have tier 5 to complete the instance so you only have to do it once. Although the instance is a daily and if you need 20 romulan marks that badly, knock yourself out.

For 'The Power Source' instance in the Hwael Ruins you need to equip yourself and your bridge officers with EV suits. You won't get far without them. At the end of the map flag your boffs to stay near the center of the room when you get there, but before you start the final part of the mission, and try not to fight the tholians because you'll need to run across the room to click a random console and you'll have a certain amount of time to get to it and use it. (I think there's an accolade for using each console before the time expires on any of them)

You can only submit the recordings for the cutscenes only once. However, you can go back to the areas and rewatch any of the cutscenes if you want. You can also press the ESC key during the cutscenes to skip them if you want to just submit the recording.