test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spin the wheel got remastered.... I think it was better before.

rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
I recently leveled up a fresh toon, which I don't often do. I knew the borg missions were remastered, and one or two here and there, but I wasn't aware that Spin the Wheel got a new take.

I'm not sure I like it. Right off the bat, the laughter is over the top, trying to telegraph incoming story events. I think the dull and dark intonations of the original voice-over was far more sinister and creepy. It was that kind of "Something's not right, but what is it?" type of feeling that made the mission great.

When playing through it this time, the over-the-top direction it takes now stripped all that from my experience. It was just another mad character to deal with. No mystery. No wonder.

I just wanted to put this out there. I think the direction of the first iteration of the mission was better.
Post edited by rodentmaster on

Comments

• voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Do you mean What Lies Beneath?
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yes. I guess I was calling it spin the wheel because that's the mission I associate the entire chain with. It's really one super-long mission broken into 4. The specific part of the chain where they redid the voice acting was "What Lies Beneath" -- though it felt as if some of the other missions got minor tweaks as well.
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The bonnie-kin dude? i just kinda tune that guys voice out. But i did notice something else jacked up with that mission. I dont know if a tweak to the pathing ai in general caused it or if it was a direct change to this mission. But the part after you kill bonnie-kins and you get back on the elevator and start to take the downward ramps that spiral around? the enemy NPCs and your own boffs will just teleport all over the place in that area either way above you or way below you. I've found that setting them all on passive and manually walking them down the ramps while keeping them outside of the room wont make them teleport. But it's still annoying...
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Story Missions remastered?!!!?! Well, I was thinking I just missed stuff because of all the drugs.

P.S. Took me 10 minutes to write that, keep nodding off.
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hyefather wrote: »
    P.S. Took me 10 minutes to write that, keep nodding off.

Computer... Coffee, hot.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What Lies Beneath is one of the more annoying missions I have played simply because the pathing issues.

The other mission that I find annoying is Of Bajor. I feel like everyone's gopher running around doing boring menial tasks.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I LOATHE "Of Bajor" -- such nonsensical busy-work. And it was such a grind to play multiple times because it had that vital part of the JH set: The armor!

I'd have to play it ONCE, then again for my boff, but oh wait, I levelled up while playing it! Now I have XIs, my old X equipment won't grant me a set bonus, so I have to run it AGAIN!

It is the epitome of grindy missions.