test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who has tried Artemis?

snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Ten Forward
This past weekend, my friend who moved far away out into the mountains, invited a bunch of us over for a fun social gathering.

There were 14 of us there, including 5 small children, enjoying two straight days of gaming fun and great food and family adventure (watching a soccer tournament of 4-5 year olds is really something amazing hahahahah).

One of the things we did was play the Artemis bridge simulator.

Since I know there's a lot of gamers here AND Star Trek fans, I just thought I'd ask, who else has played it?

I loved it. It was hilarious watching how quickly all of us pretty much embraced the serious role playing aspect of the bridge. You can tell we all watched a TON of Star Trek growing up.

Anyways, I'd love to hear what your experiences with it have been.

Thanks for reading.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by snoggymack22 on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Never heard of it.

Would it count if I said I have a Vesta named USS Artemis? :D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited August 2014
    I have never heard of this. What is it? PC game, console, board?
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Never heard of it.

If it's ok, I could provide the link. It's a different game, and an app. But it's not like a competitor. It's essentially a Bridge simulator that a group of people play together on devices/laptops/computers. There's an interesting youtube video of Wil Wheaton and some others playing it. It's kind of like Star Trek role playing meets old school LAN party.
    Would it count if I said I have a Vesta named USS Artemis? :D

I'd say yes because if you get a big enough group/party going on some missions you can have a second ship and it's called the Intrepid.

;)

Artemis Link

It was a ton of fun. And again, I was surprised at how easily all of us playing fell into the Star Trek roles. It took us a good 5 to 10 minutes to learn how to pilot the ship, for instance. But 30 seconds in everyone was using Trek inspired Bridge lingo. Heh.

My favorite part was when I was the captain and my conn asked me how to go in reverse, and I asked him why he didn't learn that at the academy. (Neither of us knew at that point how to really do helm stuff). Hah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I saw it being played on TWiT.tv during their New Year's Eve netcast party thing. Looked like great fun and was pretty hilarious but never had the opportunity to play myself.

Sounds like you had a blast.

:)

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've played it a few times now, and yes, it's tremendous fun. My favorite station is probably Weapons. The one time I got to sit in the "center seat" was a very humbling experience, just trying to coordinate and keep up with everyone... they make it look so easy on the shows!