test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What good is "+0.1 Health Regeneration" and other trait questions

rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
In terms of traits or even on certain set bonuses or ground armors, there is often a "+0.1 Health Regeneration" or some similar very small decimal number.

What good is this, if anything? I don't think I've ever actively NOTICED it help me any. Cany anybody explain how that translates into practical results?

I was browsing traits on stowiki and saw that on Regenerative Tissue and thought to myself "that must be one of the least useful traits out there!"

Speaking of traits, and not including rep traits, what would be the most useful for increasing overall damage output from the following:

Inspirational Leader (Elachi Lockbox):
--> 10% chance: Activating any Bridge Officer Ability grants +10 to all Starship Skills for 15 seconds (may stack up to 3 times).

Fluidic Coccoon (Undine Lockbox):
--> When receiving Kinetic Damage, 5% chance to increase all outgoing Energy Damage by 5% (stacks 5 times)

Thoughts?

I like to take 4/4 split on my main traits, 4 space, 4 ground. I don't want to be bothered re-traiting myself for each mission. If I re-kit or re-ship or re-spec I'll review my trait options but day-to-day I want the best balance I can get.

EDIT: I notice the Xindi traits aren't on stowiki.org yet. Thoughts on the 3 space traits: Intense Focus, Momentum, Pattern Recognition? Do any of these boost your dps any?
Post edited by rodentmaster on

Comments

• Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    for the +0.1, that's 10% extra hull passive healing which means you get 5% of your hull repaired ever 30 seconds. It also seems to add some extra healing to Hazard Emitters and Engineering Team. IDK if it's a bug but it's there.
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited August 2014
    Your talking ground right? Yes i have them with my borg and no i can not say i have noticed a difference ever.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    For the regen, ground or space.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    In terms of traits or even on certain set bonuses or ground armors, there is often a "+0.1 Health Regeneration" or some similar very small decimal number.

What good is this, if anything? I don't think I've ever actively NOTICED it help me any. Cany anybody explain how that translates into practical results?

I was browsing traits on stowiki and saw that on Regenerative Tissue and thought to myself "that must be one of the least useful traits out there!"

Speaking of traits, and not including rep traits, what would be the most useful for increasing overall damage output from the following:

Inspirational Leader (Elachi Lockbox):
    --> 10% chance: Activating any Bridge Officer Ability grants +10 to all Starship Skills for 15 seconds (may stack up to 3 times).

Fluidic Coccoon (Undine Lockbox):
    --> When receiving Kinetic Damage, 5% chance to increase all outgoing Energy Damage by 5% (stacks 5 times)

Thoughts?

I like to take 4/4 split on my main traits, 4 space, 4 ground. I don't want to be bothered re-traiting myself for each mission. If I re-kit or re-ship or re-spec I'll review my trait options but day-to-day I want the best balance I can get.

EDIT: I notice the Xindi traits aren't on stowiki.org yet. Thoughts on the 3 space traits: Intense Focus, Momentum, Pattern Recognition? Do any of these boost your dps any?

All of the ones you have listed, can be helpful.

0.1 health regeneration, is a 10% regen boost, and I believe they even have a 0.05 while in combat.

inspirational leader is quite expensive atm, but figure all of the times you hit boff skills in space! While the bonus isn't huge, it is a boost none the less, and it apllies to every skill!

Fluidic cocoon isn't bad either, while a low % chance, it is great in borg STF's, considering how much they spam torpedoes.

Intense focus I believe is the only dps booster, while the other 2 you mention are defensive/movement boosting.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited August 2014

+0.10 Health Regeneration is +10% health regeneration/minute. Out of combat a player has 100% base Health Regeneration; meaning that a player at 0 hit points would reach max hit points in 60 seconds...if players didn't DIE when reaching 0 hit points. This regeneration happens in the form of a passive healing pulse every 6 seconds.

Now Red Alert causes players to receive -1.0 health regeneration; dropping the player's health regeneration to 0% in combat. Regenerative Tissue increases health regeneration to 1.1 and thus players still have 10% health regeneration in combat. This means that 10% of a player's health is healed over 60 seconds while in combat. Items such as the Adapted MACO/KHG armor may be added to further increase regeneration.

Ha! +25% health healing and +0.10 health regeneration makes Regenerative Tissue the best defensive lockbox trait in the game.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    eatsmarteatsmart Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    From 2013:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=846751

Regen is useful but not massively OP. If you stack enough of it and have traits increasing your max hp, you can now get it to be out healing the HPS rate of hypospray. Large hypo's are still the go-to answer to ground self-healing because of the spike dps nature of the encounters. The voth ground battlezone gets some decent milage out of regen due to: the non-consentual triggering of the next waves of npcs at nodes, and the voth not nerfing your shield tank. Elite Borg STFs dont really see much use for it when you're starting out, but it becomes helpful later once you start running with faster paced groups, as it tops your hps up without putting your hypo on cooldown.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Well, I guess that's something to consider. Thanks for the heads-up on regen.

Shadow: Inspirational Leader will also grant DPS because it will up your energy weapons proficiency rating and other skills which add to base damage of certain types of weapons, as well as add to the skills which boost crtH and crtD on top of that. Might only be a few skill points but it stacks and that adds up to a direct DPS increase. Not sure how much, but there's a formula to roughly predict how much boost you get per skill point floating around somewhere.
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    eatsmart wrote: »
    ...it tops your hps up without putting your hypo on cooldown.

Pick up a Biochemist with +50% cooldown reduction on Hypos/Charges/Cell. This will drop hypo cooldowns to 20 seconds rather than 30 seconds (22 seconds with a rare quality version).
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, I guess that's something to consider. Thanks for the heads-up on regen.

Shadow: Inspirational Leader will also grant DPS because it will up your energy weapons proficiency rating and other skills which add to base damage of certain types of weapons, as well as add to the skills which boost crtH and crtD on top of that. Might only be a few skill points but it stacks and that adds up to a direct DPS increase. Not sure how much, but there's a formula to roughly predict how much boost you get per skill point floating around somewhere.

Yes I am aware of that already, but once you exceed 100 in those skills, before inspirational leader even kicks in, the boost to overall dps when it does kick in, is marginally small.

I am not saying it is bad, that was never my OP's intention, it was to point out it is only a small boost gain, but is most helpful being a skill wide boost.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!