What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Tholian web during Crystalline Catastrophes

peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
Hey community, hey Cryptic!

I use this console

[Console - Universal - Tholian Web Generator]

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Console_-_Universal_-_Tholian_Web_Generator

on two of my toons (one recluse/one orb weaver)

The usefulness of it in general game play may be a matter of perspective but in Crystalline Catastrophe Elite and its event version Crystalline Cataclysm Elite it is surely a fun thing.

Why? Because it acts differently in the two mentioned queues. During event times it manages to absorb the shockwaves emitted from the entity entirely saving all ships below 10km. During none event times this does not work and the shockwaves blasts right through it.

I participated in three CCe events and do it even during none event times regularly and was surprised yesterday when the web did its thing again.

Is this a permanent change now or will the web become unreliable after September 11th again?

Greetings

-Connor
animated.gif
Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
felisean wrote: »
teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think they simply restored the old code+map from the last CCE. They toned down all the spam and clutter after massive outcries from folks because you COULD (and DID) get thousands of mirror ships spawning from hundreds of rifts all in a confined space, and the black holes could be so thick you'd never see your targets from any angle.

They reverted the code and simply said "the AI try some new things." Really, they're old things. I assume and presume they will revert to the normal lesser-spam-levels map once this event is over. After that your tholian web console probably won't block the shockwave anymore.