test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More Screen static!!! WTH Cryptic

antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Is this really needed. This is the most annoying effect you have ever added to the game. It doesn't effect actual game play I can still target everything ect... I just want to throw my computer through a window the entire time is all.

Please remove this annoying junk. Or leave it and I guess I can afk my way through them instead of doing anything... I'll put it on auto and walk away. Really is the super annoying.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Post edited by antoniosalieri on

Comments

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There are things more annoying than static in STO. Besides, it's actual Star Trek canon that your viewscreen gets static due to effects. See Wrath of Khan during the battle in the Mutara Nebula.
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As far as I was aware, there is only screen static on a couple of missions and a few STF's,.. outside of those, you shouldn't see it at all. Unless you cross the border in the Foundry Farming missions.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    corelogik wrote: »
    As far as I was aware, there is only screen static on a couple of missions and a few STF's,.. outside of those, you shouldn't see it at all. Unless you cross the border in the Foundry Farming missions.

In the new Crystalline thingy, there are a number of random conditions that can apply in each phase.

One of them is static.

For what its worth, it doesnt seem to do anything except superficially cosmetic stuff.

Doesn't get me as miffed as Mr Salieri though......
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Heh, it's kind of funny - cause much like other things along the way, it doesn't always render. They've dorked around with the graphics so much in the game...but yeah, just like so many other effects - depending on what you're looking at or which way you're looking, it's just not there this time around.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have nothing witty to say about this.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    jon59650jon59650 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I have nothing witty to say about this.

What can you say...people just whining for the sake of whining
    sto-afk-list.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jon59650 wrote: »

But this...this is just...
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    but This...this Is Just...

Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jon59650 wrote: »

Would this be you whining for the sake of whining? Cause the OP actually has an issue...
  • Options
    valastsarranvalastsarran Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2014
    Let us go one further shall we? ... Let's make it more realistic and not show us anything but the bridges of our ships? You'd have to say "On screen" in order to view the ship you are targetting and pay attention to your minimap to see things around you (sensors) - then when they do this, all they'd have to do is wipe the mini-map, static your view screen ... and you'd be a sitting duck for a moment or 2 while blinded ...

hehe

Think of the bright side of things would yah?
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    The OP must really hate Antimatter Spread too...
    I think that also slaps you with static.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The OP must really hate Antimatter Spread too...
    I think that also slaps you with static.

Sure and I sci team and move on. Who pvps with out a sci team. ;)

Perhaps I am the only one this effect bothers. Really though it makes me feel like I'm about to have a seizure. Its one of the random effects that can happen... would it be so bad to just remove it. The only other mission that features this effect is the vault. The effect isn't the main reason the vault is rarely played. However I have no doubt it is one of the issues people have with it. At least in that mission there is a reason for the effect to exist, as it drops shielding. (like Star Trek 2 as someone was mentioning earlier). In the CE mission is nothing more then a Visual and its highly annoying to a good number of people. (I'm not the only one I'm just a big mouth.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Doesn't get me as miffed as Mr Salieri though......

You should lobby Cryptic to add this effect to the borg STFs as you seem to love this effect. I would love to hear the real tears if this silly effect was added to 50% of the infected runs that start. :)

I do love you though man, I love everyone, love all round... miffed is such a strong word it always makes me think of this quote. lol ;)

“Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.” - Richard Nixon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I do admit that it is annoying, and serves no purpose. However, it also did it last time the event was run. I guess they just left it in to try to add something to it so it is not so boring.

Personally, I would have loved to see something a little different added, or changed to it so that it would be a little different.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited August 2014

“Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.” - Richard Nixon

Hmmm, seems like Ole **** should've heeded his own advice.

And yes, it and the 100 clouds of black poo are needlessly annoying
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    You should lobby Cryptic to add this effect to the borg STFs as you seem to love this effect. I would love to hear the real tears if this silly effect was added to 50% of the infected runs that start. :)

I do love you though man, I love everyone, love all round... miffed is such a strong word it always makes me think of this quote. lol ;)

Meh, I can take it or leave it as an effect.

I'd like it if it did, indeed, make you drop shields, and instead of being present globally in a certain area, its effect was patchy.

Would force people to move around, in order to find a firing solution that leaves them with shields.

Oh, and just to be clear, i call you Mr Salieri as a term of respect.

Love may be too strong a word, but respect is spot on :D
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    And the proper way to address the Maestro is just acknowledging with "Grazzi, Signori"
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There are things more annoying than static in STO. Besides, it's actual Star Trek canon that your viewscreen gets static due to effects. See Wrath of Khan during the battle in the Mutara Nebula.

the static was only seen from the bridge station viewer because of its eletronic components being effected, you look out the roof window on the bridge or any other window there isnt static there. i digress though, it isnt a realism simulator :P.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    mrgrocer56 wrote: »
    And the proper way to address the Maestro is just acknowledging with "Grazzi, Signori"

Not, Ahhhh, Salieri....now thats difficult?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not, Ahhhh, Salieri....now thats difficult?
    "Grazzi, Signori" is Italian for "Thank You, Sir"
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    "Grazzi, Signori" is Italian for "Thank You, Sir"

I see, sadly, that Amadeus jokes are seriously dating me.

Although, to be fair, Family Guy did repurpose the line.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I see, sadly, that Amadeus jokes are seriously dating me.

Although, to be fair, Family Guy did repurpose the line.

I laughed my old butt off, "E-FLAT, SALIERI!"
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ya know having re read the title of the thread I came to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGBD1KUz2RA

MOAR COWBELL!!!
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Oh, and just to be clear, i call you Mr Salieri as a term of respect.

Love may be too strong a word, but respect is spot on :D
    mrgrocer56 wrote: »

Thank you. That is good for a chuckle. Next I'm in kerrat hunting onion fleet members I will have to remember to demand they address me properly. ;) Should help me fill the tear drives anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]