What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - August 21, 2014

1235»

Comments

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    adamkafei wrote: »
    I invite everyone using the testing argument to read this post.

that only means the feedback goes into next weeks build as i already knew that from the many many patches already in play. occasionally however to blow that out the water as it were, there have been emergency 1 days patches in the past on some more serious issues. the testing arguement is still valid though until the last week of testing when tribble is down and its ready of launch, last minute changes are made to launch it on the holodeck straight from tribble.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • arkangel11004arkangel11004 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    strorus wrote: »
    They're still tweaking the numbers; but they don't want you to be able to burn through up to level 60 in one weekend.

They have also already said that they don't want to you move from level 50-60 with just story content, but with other content as well such as queues, adventure zones etc as well.

I like this idea of leveling by playing more than just the story missions, it make for a more rounded playing experience.:cool:

This Is a Problem for me as I rarely play anything but story missions. I do not care for adventure zones, they actually kind of disgust me. So I suppose I'll just be replaying missions over and over.
    :(
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited August 2014

This Is a Problem for me as I rarely play anything but story missions. I do not care for adventure zones, they actually kind of disgust me. So I suppose I'll just be replaying missions over and over.
    :(

You're not the only one. That is also why I wish PWE would return the original STF missions that were story based. Don't add them to the PvE queue but back to their systems in Borg space. Having a challenging story oriented space and ground challenge in a single mission is what made them some of the best content this game has ever seen.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm of mixed opinions when it comes to the new vs old STF situation.

I do miss the full version, where there was a complete story to follow and the mission actually made sense.

But I also remember the misery I went through trying to get the ground sets, running through the entire mission once a day for over 2 months for the chance at a prototype tech that would never drop! :mad:

Another factor is that when I just need bulk amounts of Omega marks, I prefer to do something fast and efficient, so I can get through it quickly.
    At the cost of the ground items, 500 marks per piece, considering how many I actually get, it's more practical to do ISE over and over then a full mission.

But I am surprised Cryptic never implemented the "have the cake and eat it too" approach to STFs.
    For example, for players who are willing to invest their time in a full run, have the story mission as a queue choice.

You'd have to compensate them accordingly though, with a higher mark reward rate, considering they are putting in more effort then a 15 minute queue.
    500 marks would be acceptible, in other words, the cost of one ground item or most of the cost of one space item.

But as I said before, I'm so over the queues, I'm going to be finding other ways to gain XP if they make them a manditory part of the levelling process.
    Or just take my time doing it, I imagine over time even the small amounts of XP I gain from DOFFing or a random mission/queue here and there will add up to level 60.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    that only means the feedback goes into next weeks build as i already knew that from the many many patches already in play. occasionally however to blow that out the water as it were, there have been emergency 1 days patches in the past on some more serious issues.

Yup, anything involving Dil or easier access to Fleet/Rep marks gets a HOTFIX NAO!!!!!! QoL is left sitting at the TRIBBLE table of the Royal Feast.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tilarta wrote: »
    I'm of mixed opinions when it comes to the new vs old STF situation.

I do miss the full version, where there was a complete story to follow and the mission actually made sense.

But I also remember the misery I went through trying to get the ground sets, running through the entire mission once a day for over 2 months for the chance at a prototype tech that would never drop! :mad:

Another factor is that when I just need bulk amounts of Omega marks, I prefer to do something fast and efficient, so I can get through it quickly.
    At the cost of the ground items, 500 marks per piece, considering how many I actually get, it's more practical to do ISE over and over then a full mission.

But I am surprised Cryptic never implemented the "have the cake and eat it too" approach to STFs.
    For example, for players who are willing to invest their time in a full run, have the story mission as a queue choice.

You'd have to compensate them accordingly though, with a higher mark reward rate, considering they are putting in more effort then a 15 minute queue.
    500 marks would be acceptible, in other words, the cost of one ground item or most of the cost of one space item.

But as I said before, I'm so over the queues, I'm going to be finding other ways to gain XP if they make them a manditory part of the levelling process.
    Or just take my time doing it, I imagine over time even the small amounts of XP I gain from DOFFing or a random mission/queue here and there will add up to level 60.

I was actually thinking back before there were even Tech drops. Back before Free To Play where the STF's rewarded you a piece of the Borg set based on which one you completed. These missions were both ground and space in a single mission and there were only 3 STF in total. Infected, Cure, and KA and each had a both a space and ground portion in a single mission spanning about 40 minutes to an hour in total length for a guaranteed decent reward.

For the PvE Queue stuff, I do prefer shorter missions when it comes to grinding. The butchered STF's in their current form work well time wise for a grind. However, the Voth and Undine PvE stuff is excessively long, boring, and too much time to bother grinding in my opinion. If it's going to be a grind, I prefer that 15 to 20 minute range because it means I can log in, run one or two, and then get back to work.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some sort of Exp box in the Z-Store or Exp boosters at the very least. If there is any one thing PWE seems to be consistent with, it's finding ways to encourage people who don't play as their daily job to part with their money because we simply don't have the time to grind for 10 hours a day, every day. I just hope that this story content they talk about is in addition to what we already have, that they aren't boring and grindy missions like the Adventure Zones, and actually are something different to what the game already has a ton of already.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    C-store does not work on the test shards. What you can do is visit Drozana station and puck up some testing packs for some free stuff.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They still only have the rep marks and rep stuff on drozana station
    and you say is does not work but it worked for him

If you were around when they were testing the CStore expansion the first time, when you bought points on Live, you also got them on Tribble. They stopped updating the CStore on that shard around the time the game went F2P, tho, and unless you had points left over from the earlier beta there is no way to add points there anyway.
  • rathbonerathbone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I dont feel it is fair that only gold members be allowed access to the tribble server since this is a F2P MMO
  • l9of20l9of20 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is that all? I was expecting more. :confused:

Its a total waist that they PUNKED out and made the Tribble Test Server locked to ALL F2P users. I dont like having the idea of PAY US IF YOU WANT TO BETA TEST shoved in my face. This is the worst move they could have ever done. This means also that if they come up with some limited reward for the Players who Beta Tested like they have done in the past, TO many players are going to get left out and mad to the point where they might rage quit all because they want to push Paid Membership
    C&C of the Federation Outsiders
  • britewolfbritewolf Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rathbone wrote: »
    I dont feel it is fair that only gold members be allowed access to the tribble server since this is a F2P MMO

Tribble is closed for now; For Now!

Can people not read? Gold/Lifers are getting an advanced look at stuff, but it's likely the "still dodgy as all hell" stuff and, if you'd read the post properly, Tribble will open up to the rest of us again in a few weeks. Two/three weeks and we'll have access to the stuff that's already had its major bugs fixed.
    l9of20 wrote: »
    Its a total waist that they PUNKED out and made the Tribble Test Server locked to ALL F2P users. I dont like having the idea of PAY US IF YOU WANT TO BETA TEST shoved in my face. This is the worst move they could have ever done. This means also that if they come up with some limited reward for the Players who Beta Tested like they have done in the past, TO many players are going to get left out and mad to the point where they might rage quit all because they want to push Paid Membership

Please take your bile someplace else.

Cryptic is a business and it makes its decisions based on business interests. Don't like it, go gold or go away. It is not the worst choice, it is the business savvy choice.

Incidentally, I'm a Silver account holder; always have been, always will be. This game is great and I have very little bad to say about any decision made by Cryptic since they went F2P; making me just one of STO's vast majority players, normally silent and mostly happy.
    General T'Reirr Asei
    Captain of the venerable I.K.S. Y'Kun.
    Warrior of the Empire; Savior of Cookies; Lord of String; Devious Little S*!7
    #PlomeekSoupForTheIndifferent #AmNotFluffy #Klingons4Equality #PriorityOneRocks #ShortButPouncey

#MaybeALittleFluffy
  • smilegcb2#3786 smilegcb2 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We have no acces to Stuff MK XIV...

Only adding the possiblity to go lvl 60...
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    britewolf wrote: »
    Tribble is closed for now; For Now!

Can people not read? Gold/Lifers are getting an advanced look at stuff, but it's likely the "still dodgy as all hell" stuff and, if you'd read the post properly, Tribble will open up to the rest of us again in a few weeks. Two/three weeks and we'll have access to the stuff that's already had its major bugs fixed.

Please take your bile someplace else.

Cryptic is a business and it makes its decisions based on business interests. Don't like it, go gold or go away. It is not the worst choice, it is the business savvy choice.

ST:O still won't sleep with you.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Lol, Bort, a small favor.

Please, no more stealth patches, specially useful ones.

So, lucho, now does the doff procs stack as in 2 of them 43 % ?
    And it disables a random subsystem or always the same one as bort advised it might happen in that link?
    P58WJe7.jpg

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    im just gonna try out the model sliders for the females again :P

but there is nothing really special or noteworthy about anything so far that is anything really different from the holodeck build at the moment.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • skorpikusskorpikus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    "Resolved an issue which caused Reman Female’s mouth to warp when doing the Khan emote."

Where are they warping to? Delta Quadrant? I think Starfleet Science would be interested in how the Reman females are capable of this feat!
  • aidy1972ukaidy1972uk Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Will the revamped Tailor be on holodeck soon? Don't know how old that is but there's a lot more options and makes for a lot more diversity, can also make character look a little less disgruntled!!

Hope it's not just a Tribble thing!
    edited August 2014
    aidy1972uk wrote: »
    Will the revamped Tailor be on holodeck soon? Don't know how old that is but there's a lot more options and makes for a lot more diversity, can also make character look a little less disgruntled!!

Hope it's not just a Tribble thing!

Pretty much everything on Tribble now is locked in until the expansion launches in mid October; if it goes live before then, you will see the update to Redshirt first.
    edited August 2014
    rob2485 wrote: »
    Good luck with that, and why would anyone want to buy a ship on the testing server when it will get wiped eventually and all your toons will go poof.

You have never tested any ships on Tribble, I assume? You don't buy things on the test server - there's not even a mechanism for it anymore. They give them to you via the consoles in game.
  • matok1971matok1971 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ok a NOOB question - How do I transfer a character on Tribble.
    Membership Details

Free to play - March 2013
    Monthly Subscription - July 2013
    Lifetime Member - Oct 2014
  • aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited September 2014

General:
    • Increased the range of allowed heights for female Romulan Aliens.

Not long after the launch of the romulans you told us the same thing. Unfortunately it only worked till lvl 10 if you visited the tailor afterwards you were forced to the size of a normal romulan. I have reported that bug numerous times for over a year by the way.

Anyway reading that it is now fixed gave me much joy. I went to tribble to see it work and... no my alien is still limited to the size of normal romulan. I could create a new alien with the size I want... but that has been possible for over a year. And I think at lvl 10 it would probably shrink/grow again anyway.

Edit: Release Notes: June 20, 2013
    This was the first try to give us more size options. I would overlook the fact that you are trying to sell it as a feature instead of a bug fix if it would at least finally work.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    aetam1 wrote: »
    Not long after the launch of the romulans you told us the same thing. Unfortunately it only worked till lvl 10 if you visited the tailor afterwards you were forced to the size of a normal romulan. I have reported that bug numerous times for over a year by the way.

Anyway reading that it is now fixed gave me much joy. I went to tribble to see it work and... no my alien is still limited to the size of normal romulan. I could create a new alien with the size I want... but that has been possible for over a year. And I think at lvl 10 it would probably shrink/grow again anyway.

Edit: Release Notes: June 20, 2013
    This was the first try to give us more size options. I would overlook the fact that you are trying to sell it as a feature instead of a bug fix if it would at least finally work.

I for one, second this... This is the primary reason why i will be withholding funding the new Romulan ships come Delta. I personally play as aliens. I love the romulan f(r)action - even if it has Tovan Cancer - but am severely limited in my height and proportions. That's a no-go. :mad: