test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - August 21, 2014

Comments

• cookiecupcakescookiecupcakes Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hi LT! I am using my new signature Elijah had made for me! Isn't it super cute? I love it and its really the only reason that i'm commenting as I just wanted to show you. I have nothing of value to add to this conversation.
    EEiLA7V.jpg
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I logged in and jumped to one of my characters there to test a single bug. And it is in the new build.
    The bug happens on some accounts when a boff goes out of alphabetic order in the character sheet*. This prevents the game from successfully loading the boff each time that there is a map transfer. This has a wide range of repercussions, from preventing the loadout system from working correctly if it tries to slot a bugged boff to forcing the game to replace your boffs in some maps (bridge, some missions) by generic models. It is the same bug that was causing the department heads to "forget" the boff selection. I imagine it is going to mess whatever systems are going to be introduced by the expansion that are related in some way to the boffs as well.

Now I know that the bug has been successfully reproduced by Crypticfrost here so can we PLEASE add it to the known issues list and try to squash it once and for all?

*This can happen when you go to ground maps with your boffs, when you remove a boff from a bridge slot and when you trade boffs to someone else
  • strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tk79 wrote: »
    It was not replay.

Both were new missions, done in Holodeck and Tribble each.

EDIT:

Azura Mission Replay rewards:

Holodeck: 2200~
    Tribble: 425

This looks bad.

They're still tweaking the numbers; but they don't want you to be able to burn through up to level 60 in one weekend.

They have also already said that they don't want to you move from level 50-60 with just story content, but with other content as well such as queues, adventure zones etc as well.

I like this idea of levelling by playing more than just the story missions, it make for a more rounded playing experience.:cool:
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Female Romulan characters now have access to the New Styled Elegant hairstyle.

I have been wanting that for a very long time.

But.........Did you finally fix it? Ever since that hairstyle was released it has had major clipping issues. Depending on the advanced head/face sliders: the "sideburns" will clip through the sides of the face to the point you can't see them; on the back of the head in the middle of the hair there will be a hole in the dead center where hair wraps around and merges and you can see the character's scalp (zoom in character head in tailor and you'll see it).

As much as I like this hair stlye I have never been able to use it because it simply looks awful when having to adjust the head/face sliders in order for the hair to look right because my character/boff will end up looking wrong. If I remember right the New Style Elegant was released with the LoR expansion and during beta testing on Tribble we posted a bug report about it on the forums. It was mentioned for several months after LoR release, but I guess we all just gave up on it ever being fixed.

Sorry for nitpicking, but taking something old to make it available to more species without fixing it would be a major let down. If it isn't fixed yet can you guys put it on your to do list and fix it when you can? Thank you. :)
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just to make sure everyone is aware in this thread too....

Tribble is back and will be reserved for X2 testing for Gold Access Members.

Please see this thread from Coldsnapped about the announcement.

Link to Forum Post

Thanks everyone and see you in-game!

~CaptainSmirk
  • englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just to make sure everyone is aware in this thread too....

Tribble is back and will be reserved for X2 testing for Gold Access Members.

Please see this thread from Coldsnapped about the announcement.

Link to Forum Post

Thanks everyone and see you in-game!

~CaptainSmirk

you mean the thread that does NOT give any information as to why?
    That is really quite helpful THANKS
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    This wasn't obvious for some reason before but, any new skill points you earn can be used to improve your normal skills.

So now I can have like, 300,000 points in space, and 101,000(?) points invested in ground, as opposed to max of 266K/100K in Holodeck.

Yeah, the max for holodeck is currently 300k space, 100k ground. So... you're wrong and it's working properly?
    edited August 2014
    Here http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1200601
    As of 8/21/14, the Tribble test server can only be accessed by Gold account members. More information about this will be available later.

All accounts are able to access our other test server, Redshirt, at this time.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    illcadia wrote: »
    Yeah, the max for holodeck is currently 300k space, 100k ground. So... you're wrong and it's working properly?

The max in Holodeck is either 300k/66k or 266k/100k, depending on how you distribute points.
    In Tribble, it can reach 300k/100k with the extra skill points earned after 50.
    (For some reason, my max in Ground was showing 101k.)

I did missions in Tribble and was able to slot more points in Driver Coil, that from my maxed out build copied from Holodeck.

So, I am not wrong and it's working properly.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    englishnod wrote: »
    you mean the thread that does NOT give any information as to why?
    That is really quite helpful THANKS

rofl...

This is going to go from Star Trek Online to Seinfeld Online.

The mmorpg about nothing :)
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is all still in flux, but we are purposefully moving away from the "Mission per Level" XP rates that are common pre-50. We want players to experience a wide range of content during their journey to the new level cap, beyond just the story Episodes.

So its moving back to time gated content so that 30 mins of gameplay made over the most part of a year can be gated along with some rep stuff to try to keep people on certain content longer than they would care too?
    Carefully? ;)

Until we start rolling out the X2 Content to Tribble, I'm not sure that we're ready to publicize those details.

(Also, I don't personally know the answer.)

Pretty much I've seen these steps taken before over and over again. Pretty much its to not test things on a test server until its very near launch so you keep ppl on their toes until they realize they are about to be screwed over in some new conversion.

As well as the borg stf's were milked about as far as possible so that is why this level 60 + mark 13 and 14 is to make the old gear obsolete and have ppl grinding for the borg stf gear for 5+ years more.
    There are already series of updates that are in the process of rolling out for the Intrepid update -- including realignment of variants, as well as the ablative armor issues pointed out. Just waiting for an appropriate build.

Thanks for the keen eyes, though!

Was the gimmick issue pointed out? I know that is not your department but if its pretty much the same old 10 second gimmick all its going to do is TRIBBLE ppl off even more that were expecting something more than that.
  • ganeysgod89ganeysgod89 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So no access to Delta Quadrant exploration yet? Or ever?
    edited August 2014
    Made some minor updates to the Traits UI.

Ooh! New personal trait slot unlocked at level 60. :D

Bug: The tooltip for the trait slot on my Klingon says "This slot unlocks at Major General (60)". Umm.....I thought you guys said that level 60 rank for KDF will be 'Dahar Master', or did i misread that?
  • dannyk5478dannyk5478 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    edited August 2014
    I have been wanting that for a very long time.

But.........Did you finally fix it? Ever since that hairstyle was released it has had major clipping issues. Depending on the advanced head/face sliders: the "sideburns" will clip through the sides of the face to the point you can't see them; on the back of the head in the middle of the hair there will be a hole in the dead center where hair wraps around and merges and you can see the character's scalp (zoom in character head in tailor and you'll see it).

As much as I like this hair stlye I have never been able to use it because it simply looks awful when having to adjust the head/face sliders in order for the hair to look right because my character/boff will end up looking wrong. If I remember right the New Style Elegant was released with the LoR expansion and during beta testing on Tribble we posted a bug report about it on the forums. It was mentioned for several months after LoR release, but I guess we all just gave up on it ever being fixed.

Sorry for nitpicking, but taking something old to make it available to more species without fixing it would be a major let down. If it isn't fixed yet can you guys put it on your to do list and fix it when you can? Thank you. :)

Nope. Still messed up. It seems OK if you have the sliders higher (further to the right) but if you don't want your head that fat the hair messes up badly along the sides of the face and forehead and there is a still a hole in the back showing the scalp. :(
  • dannyk5478dannyk5478 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would really like to see a Lobi and Fleet Ship Module Vendor in Drozana or DS9 so we can test out that stuffzz
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Favorite thing I read is Romulans get the Elegant back, always wanted that on my Romulan :D, hopefully you'll spread the hair out. The braids would look great on my Andorian. But the Klingon braids should also be available on Klingon aliens while we're at it.
    This is all still in flux, but we are purposefully moving away from the "Mission per Level" XP rates that are common pre-50. We want players to experience a wide range of content during their journey to the new level cap, beyond just the story Episodes.

Well seeing as how we're supposed to be able to continue to earn specialization points ad infinitum until we're maxed out and/or more specialization trees.

That is awesome. Too bad they didn't use it in the show. Woulda made more sense than a Delta Flyer that doesn't actually fit past the shuttlebay doors. Love the Flyer wanted to see the Aeroshuttle. The Calypso on the Enterprise-D too.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm not sure about making levelling a more rounded experience, according to the info currently available.

Let me be Brutal Honesty, I'm on my 4th character and I've just grown so bored with the battlezones, public queues, whatever else there is.

I've had to do each of them for 1 day every month (the first time around, it was two months!) to level up this Rep and that Rep, then do even more to get the Marks to requistion the Rep Gear.
    And then I'm going to have to do that again on each new character.
    Add to that I'm occassionally doing them every now and then for crafting samples.

So you can see why I've had it with this gameplay, I've played it to beyond the point of tolerance and just avoid it on general principle now.

Now you're telling me I've got to start doing it again to level up?
    I predicted that I would just ignore the level cap rise before I was given any solid data and so far, that prediction is accurate, if this is what you need to do to level up.

I prefer the current system, where you just run story missions.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It was not replay.

EDIT:

This looks bad.

What the hell is the hurry?

Any guesses when we'll see the new Voyager bridge?

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well . Instant crash during log in . without error message atm . Hope its not a preview S8 " FUN " all over
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It was not replay.

EDIT:

This looks bad.

Is it possible that they meant to lower the XP rewards for replay only, but a bug is causing it to affect unplayed missions as well?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    edited August 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Is it possible that they meant to lower the XP rewards for replay only, but a bug is causing it to affect unplayed missions as well?

I wish it was the case, but the quote below is telling me otherwise:

This is going to have bad consequences for leveling to 0 to 50, but I still have to test XP rates earned pre-50. I plan to do it at some point.

What I mean is, when I am playing a new character, I can play missions until there is a point where the next mission is not made available because it is level-restricted. To reach the next level, I have to do Patrol missions or replays. I remember that, when leveling up my main, I had to do it a few times on my journey to 50.

With the new XP rates, I am figuring I am going to have to replay/patrol much more often, and patrols can't be replayed (IIRC), so there's only episode mission replay left. This is going to disrupt the leveling experience from 0-50. I was already slightly frustrated that I had to "fill" the gaps with patrols and replays, and I wouldn't like it to get even worse.

All in all I am just reporting this here. I will wait to see the "new" ways to earn XP and hope that they involve 0-50 progression as well before I get more vocal about my initial disagreement.
    STO Screenshot Archive

• z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Stupid question guys, just got on to tribble an when I mouse over the progression bar it stops at level 50, are we supposed to see it go all the way to 60?
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    im assuming that the previous xp bar only goes upto 50 and then something else takes you the rest of the way. guess il go on tribble find out whats what.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I wish it was the case, but the quote below is telling me otherwise:

This is going to have bad consequences for leveling to 0 to 50, but I still have to test XP rates earned pre-50. I plan to do it at some point.

What I mean is, when I am playing a new character, I can play missions until there is a point where the next mission is not made available because it is level-restricted. To reach the next level, I have to do Patrol missions or replays. I remember that, when leveling up my main, I had to do it a few times on my journey to 50.

With the new XP rates, I am figuring I am going to have to replay/patrol much more often, and patrols can't be replayed (IIRC), so there's only episode mission replay left. This is going to disrupt the leveling experience from 0-50. I was already slightly frustrated that I had to "fill" the gaps with patrols and replays, and I wouldn't like it to get even worse.

All in all I am just reporting this here. I will wait to see the "new" ways to earn XP and hope that they involve 0-50 progression as well before I get more vocal about my initial disagreement.

The way I read the comment you are referring to is that.. with the new level cap, 0-50 will reward the way it's always done. It's only for the 50-60 that's being altered.

I haven't checked a new character on Holo vs Tribble yet, so I could be mistaken.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We already tested this, and the rates pre-50 are unaffected, so nothing to panic about here.
    Nothing has changed, 0-50 is the same as it was before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    We already tested this, and the rates pre-50 are unaffected, so nothing to panic about here.

Nothing has changed, 0-50 is the same as it was before.

Okay, good then.
    STO Screenshot Archive

• blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It was not replay.

EDIT:

This looks bad.
    I don't think that's bad, it means that you're not going to race through the levels, I actually like that...
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You actually like that? To me, it sounds like one thing, especially the dev comments.

"We're not allowed to admit that the only way to level after the new season will be to grind endlessly for level as well as equipment."

:p