test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - August 21, 2014

Comments

• blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jaturnley wrote: »
    I just hopped into the Japori system and ran the mission there, and got ~6300 XP on elite (30,329 until level 51). The XP requirement you are talking about are too low, if anything. You could still grind out level 60 on a long weekend with no story content at all.
    That is going by what is currently happening with the build on Tribble, I think the XP payout is going to be adjusted, plus you'll have the Specialization point thing happening, so even if you can do that, I don't think there'll be a problem.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can we get a confirm or deny as to whether Tribble is gold access only?

I have a lifetime account which can access tribble. I also have a F2P account that I attempted to log on to tribble after I logged off my LTS account but did not close the game and I received a message saying "Account permissions not found" for my F2P account.

When I try to log on from scratch with the F2P account the tribble server is not an option. I would surmise that right now its Gold subs only based on my access.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mikefl wrote: »
    I have a lifetime account which can access tribble. I also have a F2P account that I attempted to log on to tribble after I logged off my LTS account but did not close the game and I received a message saying "Account permissions not found" for my F2P account.

When I try to log on from scratch with the F2P account the tribble server is not an option. I would surmise that right now its Gold subs only based on my access.

Strange thing, I can patch and start tribble on my account which is F2P but get the permission message. Same computer, different account cannot even patch tribble. I really hope they don't lock us Silvers out. About the only thing I am interested in atm is testing tribble.
  • cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The purpose of putting this build on tribble is not really to test features, but more to soak test the code branch and find any unexpected problems there now. Delta Rising has many many more patch notes than this, worry not. :)

Why not do that on an internal shard and do some PROPER bug testing on tribble wouldn't htat make things better
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There were folks that had beta access to LoR that were not Gold/LTS...not sure if they're doing that this time around or if they just strictly went Gold/LTS - heh, no access personally, but that could just because of being blacklisted...not necessarily a case they're just doing Gold/LTS. Yes, I know how paranoid and delusional that sounds...but I'm bored and it's an entertaining thought. :P

edit: Oh well, Cold ruined that fun with the Gold thread...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1200601
  • dannyk5478dannyk5478 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So I was messing around with the Intrepid and found that it isn't modeled right with [Console - Universal - Ablative Generator]

This is what it looks like ingame: http://gyazo.com/32619e84c62123751f472dacff97ecc5
    Also the Deflector: http://gyazo.com/8cfbef7f7b0747ac6c226f35d0d98ee1
    As you can see, the ship texture is partially overlapping the armor
  • ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Fresh install of Tribble and did a Force Verify as well. Says it cannot start the game client because a file was not found. Holodeck is working fine.

:confused::mad::confused:
  • qweeble#7491 qweeble Member Posts: 164 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    There are already series of updates that are in the process of rolling out for the Intrepid update -- including realignment of variants, as well as the ablative armor issues pointed out. Just waiting for an appropriate build.

Thanks for the keen eyes, though!
    I make space ships!
    Twitter! STO_JamJamz
  • admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So I'm trying to log into Tribble, but whenever I get to the Cryptic screen, it freezes for a while, and then crashes. I have tried to verify the files,but it still crashes. The error number, on the crash reporter thingy, is Unknown. I sincerely hope you can solve this quickly, as I really want to start testing. (It isn't a gold/Lts issue, as I am one.)
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Had no problem getting in, i used to be gold sub...

I will try to get to lv.51 just to try it out
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • dannyk5478dannyk5478 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There are already series of updates that are in the process of rolling out for the Intrepid update -- including realignment of variants, as well as the ablative armor issues pointed out. Just waiting for an appropriate build.

Awesome! Good to hear u guys are already on it. :D
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can't log into Tribble. It says I have no permission to log in.

Is Tribble Gold only atm? I'm currently Silver, although I had Gold in the past.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    I can't log into Tribble. It says I have no permission to log in.

Is Tribble Gold only atm? I'm currently Silver, although I had Gold in the past.

Yeah, Cryptic employes just didnt think it was sensible to put that info in this thread. :rolleyes:
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Couple of errors:

1. http://www.dp-systems.net/Capture.PNG
    Bottom of loading screen error massage. MSAA8 and dx9 is currently set up in game options.

2. There is perl and lohunat bundle in middle of ship and crew in lobi store

3. Ship customization: scimitar - can only see part of the ship, other ships seems to be fine
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • thorexxxxthorexxxx Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Carefully? ;)

Until we start rolling out the X2 Content to Tribble, I'm not sure that we're ready to publicize those details.

(Also, I don't personally know the answer.)

What the details AREN'T in the 36 or so remaining Blog posts that were stated as "Ready to go!" at the STLV 2014 Delta Rising panel?:eek::D;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • picard99picard99 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I find it funny that the Rewards progression list isn't in for levells 50-60.I assume it takes 5 minutes to type missing text. :)
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
      • The leveling system is not in a final state.
      [*]For more information, please visit the Raising the Level Cap Blog: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6009103

I would write that in giant bold red text if I were you. :P
      • Other player’s loot drops are now hidden on Invasion Zones such as Nukara Prime.
      • All Weapon Remodulators can no longer be accidentally interrupted by the player performing other actions while it is being activated.

Useful. Thank you. :)
      • Made some minor updates to the Traits UI.

Could we please get a filter for space/ground in the Personal Traits section? It's a really long list of traits when you have every alien trait and all of the lockbox traits.

Joined January 2009
      Finger wrote:
      Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    • whatinblueblazeswhatinblueblazes Member Posts: 200 Arc User
      edited August 2014

You guys have truly outdone yourselves with the Intrepid. The sheer improvement in craftsmanship is jaw-dropping. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all of the hard work involved for the ship art team! I'm eager to see more as the updates roll in!
    • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
      edited August 2014
      rob2485 wrote: »
      I hope they investigate and fix the clipping issue when accepting multiple mission. The mission tracker starts clipping and wont stop.

Also, when you accept loot drop by choosing need or greed, the box doesn't disappear, it sits in the way of the chat box. It also clips when there are multiple drops waiting to be chosen need or greed.

this has been an issue since atleast s9 one way to get around it is to adjust the size of the mission box but if your list is pretty long then it does not always work.

looking good so far devs keep up the good work
    • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
      edited August 2014
      This wasn't obvious for some reason before but, any new skill points you earn can be used to improve your normal skills.

So now I can have like, 300,000 points in space, and 101,000(?) points invested in ground, as opposed to max of 266K/100K in Holodeck.

On the other hand, skill point rewards from missions have been decreased substantially. Expertise rewards remain unchanged. Rewards below are from the same non-replay mission:

Holodeck: 4961
      Tribble: 945

This is probably intended given what hawk said. I don't really like it at first glance, but all I can do is hope that the new ways of earning XP are plausible.
      U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
      STO Screenshot Archive

• kevaldtkevaldt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited August 2014
      Nice patch, but a question...

Why would you release the raised level cap but not fix the queues so over 50 can use?

Like i want to go back and replay story missions to level.
      [SIGPIC]InGame - @Darth_Tauri[/SIGPIC]
      Joined - 9/2011
      "You Best Make Peace With Your Dear & Fluffy Lord" - Malcolm Reynolds
    • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
      edited August 2014
      The purpose of putting this build on tribble is not really to test features, but more to soak test the code branch and find any unexpected problems there now. Delta Rising has many many more patch notes than this, worry not. :)
      That change has been live for months now.

Is there any chance we'll see fixes for mechanics that were broken in Season 8 and 9? The following come to mind:

EPTX (ept-s, ept-w mostly) have longer Cooldown than it should be
      Expose chances of science and engineering abilities halved from 10% to 5%
      Damage of turret modules still too low

And of course, there are numerous bugs still present in the doff UI. See the end of the following post for a list:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18514201&postcount=6
      Waiting for a programmer ...
      qVpg1km.png
    • ganeysgod89ganeysgod89 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
      edited August 2014
      So no access to explore the Delta Quadrant yet?
    • glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 426 Arc User
      edited August 2014
      I must say, I'm not one to complain on the forums usually, but this lockout of silver players from testing is the single biggest disappointment I've had with this game since I started playing. I spend significant time on tribble and look forward to using this test server almost as much as I do the live server. Between the lack of informative answers to the questions on our minds about the expansion and this I am truly disheartened.

I don't see what possible advantage could be had by having less testers due to the lockout, especially when some of the people locked out are your most avid testers.
    • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
      edited August 2014
      tk79 wrote: »
      On the other hand, skill point rewards from missions have been decreased substantially. Expertise rewards remain unchanged. Rewards below are from the same non-replay mission:

Holodeck: 4961
      Tribble: 945

This is probably intended given what hawk said. I don't really like it at first glance, but all I can do is hope that the new ways of earning XP are plausible.

Are you saying that they've reduced the amount of XP given out by episode missions? One thing that annoyed me during the last featured episode rerun was not being able to get the Ophidian Cane and Shard of Possibilities until I met the level requirements for "Night of the Comet" and "Boldly They Rode", respectively. It would be nice if they removed the level requirements, at least during the featured episode rerun, so that new characters could get the rewards without having to power level.
      Waiting for a programmer ...
      qVpg1km.png
    • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
      edited August 2014
      @glassguitar, they did it last time they were testing the expansion for LoR as well, i think it's just so that they can focus the playerbase during the Alpha period.
      MXeSfqV.jpg
    • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
      edited August 2014
      frtoaster wrote: »
      Are you saying that they've reduced the amount of XP given out by episode missions?

The lowered the amount of XP gained from Mission Replay.
    • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
      edited August 2014
      tuskin67 wrote: »
      The lowered the amount of XP gained from Mission Replay.

It was not replay.

Both were new missions, done in Holodeck and Tribble each.

EDIT:

Azura Mission Replay rewards:

Holodeck: 2200~
      Tribble: 425

This looks bad.
      U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
      STO Screenshot Archive

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
      edited August 2014
      I must say, I'm not one to complain on the forums usually, but this lockout of silver players from testing is the single biggest disappointment I've had with this game since I started playing. I spend significant time on tribble and look forward to using this test server almost as much as I do the live server. Between the lack of informative answers to the questions on our minds about the expansion and this I am truly disheartened.

I don't see what possible advantage could be had by having less testers due to the lockout, especially when some of the people locked out are your most avid testers.

It's a shame. Last time they did this was with LoR. It's not like the whole playerbase goes off to Tribble to test.

Anyway, when they release LoR it was a bug fest sprinkled with severe server instability. I hope they open it to silver players at some point.