test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lets talk about the UI Bars

antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I would like Cryptic to make a small change to our UI that will make life so much easier going forward with T6 and more and more and more skills and things to click.

I know its unlikely they would go over the current 10 skill bar and convert them to MMO standard 12...

However could we please get an option for a few more Horizontal bars.

Right now most everyone I know uses the 3 Horizontal bars setup on there tray. A while back they gave us the option to add a few more bars in vertical setup. However at this point its just not enough space.

So that is my simple request... add a "4" option on the player tray so we can have 4 bars instead of 3 stacked up horizontal. If that is easy enough... a "5" option wouldn't be such a bad thing either and I know I would use it myself.

Any other ideas for simple tweaks that Cryptic could give us with out having to rewrite tons of code ?

PS... the edit yes I posted with horizontal and vertical reversed... that's what happens when you post when you should be sleeping. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Post edited by antoniosalieri on

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I posted the following in the "Raising The Level Cap" thread...but yeah, Delta Rising looks to be making this issue worse...meh.
    This may be coming out of left field when mixed with the other questions/concerns, but is there any chance that there's going to be any UI changes to accommodate the potential addition of clickables we may be seeing with Delta Rising?

I'm running 1440x900, and I'm already beyond pressed for screen real estate unless I order a pair of those Zoomies they show on TV from time to time so I can scale the screen.

That vertical hotbar simply has no place on my screen, while there's plenty of space for a fourth horizontal bar to show...just not a bar that's available.

Team to the left, chat below, speed, shield/hull info, power, hotbars, singularity, various mission info, minimap, target info, and back to the team on the left...with a small "open" window in the middle of the screen to see what's actually going on - is what I'm looking at.

The 30 slots on the three bars are full - there are keybinds to slots on other bars because there's already too much for the 30 viewable...and we're potentially going to be looking at more. Hrmmm...

The BOFF bar's not shown because those can't be placed in any sort of logical order.

It just would be pretty nifty if we could drop that vertical bar to horizontal if we wanted...if we're going to be seeing more things that are going to be slotted on the hotbars. Heh, I'm getting old and with nine toons - sometimes I forget what I've got where on different toons - while I might finding it entertaining at times when I end up miskeying/fatfingering something, the folks I'm teamed with often don't see the same humor in it.

Just something that I hope has been a consideration...
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've talked about this several times , and I agree that this is an issue that's a problem as things stand now , and it will be a greater problem with she supposed new powers coming with X2 .

As things stand now , I'd love to have 6 more squares added to the right side of the horizontal bar (2 per row) , and as virusdancer said , I'd also like the option to add another row to the 3 rows that exist , as the sidebar is also not a good option for me .

I'd also appreciate if they'd make the Map button a bit bigger (as it was before X1's UI change) , and I'd also like the individual parts of the UI to be able to be resized . For example , I don't need that circle that shows my shield facings to be that big . It could be half it's size and still be good enough to show me what I need to know .
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I posted the following in the "Raising The Level Cap" thread...but yeah, Delta Rising looks to be making this issue worse...meh.

Thanks VD... good post didn't see it. I'm at 1680 res myself right now... its cramped. Zoomies I never thought of that... hmmm. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh god yes please! Can we also disable UI elements entirely or resize them as needed?.

I remember when carriers came out and mines were more plenty full how much i hated the spam.

OH boy, i ve been in a few pvp matches lately again, and holy TRIBBLE even without half the stuff rendering it's next to impossible to pick a target off screen because aceton, photonic, nimbus, D'deridex, pet pet pet, mine, poo, sphere, gw, .....

I can't fit all my powers in the UI and on the battle field there is soo much TRIBBLE that 70% don't render. So in memory of a time long gone.

Cryptic. less SPAM, more BUTTONS.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks VD... good post didn't see it. I'm at 1680 res myself right now... its cramped. Zoomies I never thought of that... hmmm. :)

I changed the scaling on Tribble once for Willard, trying to fit stuff in so I could drop the other bars off to the side...was painful, didn't take long before I started getting headaches from it.

As is, I don't run the weapons window cause there's no room...would be nifty if they expanded that special bar, the one with SA - so you could add any innate abilities to it if you wanted or were able to add various set/console clickies to it.

Meh, in a match the other day I had added a TB to the toon - shifting some stuff around so it would be on the keybind without noticing that I hadn't moved my SNB over enough to get it off that bind. Kept thinking I was fatfingering the SNB initially until I had the chance to look during a respawn. It was /facepalm noob on my part - but with having to drop so many things out to the 4 & 10 bars cause there's just not room on the 1-3...and with every toon different, yeah - I goober things from time to time.

But yeah, if those T6 ships are going to have an ability or abilities - the T6 ship BOFF - whatever additional abilities we end up with if there are any actives from getting to 60...and...

...you know, I wish they had the hotbar system from CoH.

Cause honestly, I'd rather have a few separate hotbars where I've chosen the length to arrange...but oh well, will have to see what's going on there as Tribble comes up and is patched with the Delta stuff.
  • longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited August 2014
    Good idea!

I don't see a problem to allow players to add a 4th or 5th row/line to the horizontal UI bar, or being able to split and have a 2nd horizontal tray, 2x3 rows.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You know what else would be useful? If the things you put in the bar STAYED there. Right now, boffs have this obnoxious tendency to randomly go AWOL. You've surely all seen this before: You look at your stations page and instead of seeing your boffs, you see blank tabs where your boffs should be. Sometimes they then load in a second or so...and sometimes they're just GONE, wiped out. This is also responsible for, among other things, your away team being replaced by generic redshirts, and your boffs not appearing on your bridge. The game just seems to forget they exist temporarily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why can't we just create as many power boxes with whatever dimensions we want?

I mean I'd love to be able to have one 2x3 box for all my heals, another 3x3 for my AoEs, a 4x3 for my hangar abilities...
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You've surely all seen this before:

Nope, not even once since I pre-ordered the game, only time I see them clear is when i ready a brand new ship.
  • birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You know what else would be useful? If the things you put in the bar STAYED there. Right now, boffs have this obnoxious tendency to randomly go AWOL. You've surely all seen this before: You look at your stations page and instead of seeing your boffs, you see blank tabs where your boffs should be. Sometimes they then load in a second or so...and sometimes they're just GONE, wiped out. This is also responsible for, among other things, your away team being replaced by generic redshirts, and your boffs not appearing on your bridge. The game just seems to forget they exist temporarily.

It doesn't happen all the time but it DOES happen, very annoying when going into battle with my boffs loading only to have to delay in an STF cause i have to tell my boffs to get back to their posts again.