test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will we see 3yr Retrofit ships returning at any point?

rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Will we see the 3yr anniversary ships, the Tier4 Karamag Retrofit or the Tier4 Support Cruiser Retrofit, return at any point? I wasn't able to get them at the time, and would like to.

Yes, I'm aware there is a mirror ship for each faction with the same boff seating and similar setup, but I was particularly interested in these ships, with their looks and their stats, rather than the mirror ships.

Is there any chance of bringing this back or making them available in any way?
Post edited by rodentmaster on

Comments

• jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Will we see the 3yr anniversary ships, the Tier4 Karamag Retrofit or the Tier4 Support Cruiser Retrofit, return at any point? I wasn't able to get them at the time, and would like to.

Yes, I'm aware there is a mirror ship for each faction with the same boff seating and similar setup, but I was particularly interested in these ships, with their looks and their stats, rather than the mirror ships.

go play the tholian FE....you'll never guess what ship is awarded at the end.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I know what you are talking about but it is not the same ship.

For anybody finishing the mission the first time, you are given the Tier3 Commander-level ship. For the 3yr anniversary folks that flew the mission when it was a featured mission inside the time span of the anniversary celebration, you were given a Lvl40 Retrofit of the same ship.

Here is the currently available tier3 ship:
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Kamarag_Battlecruiser

Here is the no-longer-available Lvl 40 Retrofit from the 3yr anniversary:
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Kamarag_Battlecruiser_Retrofit

In the past, limited time ships have been added back into the game. I would like to see these available again, and am wondering if there is any hope of that.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014

For anybody finishing the mission the first time, you are given the Tier3 Commander-level ship. For the 3yr anniversary folks that flew the mission when it was a featured mission inside the time span of the anniversary celebration, you were given a Lvl40 Retrofit of the same ship.

In the past, limited time ships have been added back into the game. I would like to see these available again, and am wondering if there is any hope of that.

some things were promoted once before and i haven't seen them return since, i cant see any reason why the devs would bring it back. if i wanted an ambassador class i would get some dil together and buy 4 or 5 fleet modules plus 20k for contributing to that fleet for their provision in return and then get the ship and im probably forgetting fleet credits as well for the t5.5 version rather then worry about a t4.5 version with the threat of t6 ships hanging around even so.

just for reference, q once came to the old esd outside quinns office at the fountain, he put gifts on the fountain and people collected around looking for their random gift, i once got a targ pup as a reward from that on my fed toon, i still have that targ pup on that toon since but the point is that it never came back. also the klingons had their own tribble pile search with q on the side on the old qo'nos (you can still visit it by going through the kdf fek'ihr storyline or whatever its called.

the jem'hadar attack ship was free once, it never came back in the same way, its now hidden behind an arbitrary lockbox chance. certain tribbles from seasons past, still got those since the early seasons but didnt get the gambling device which im assuming was another one of these one time promotions as well, again the point is these were one time and never seen in that capacity again.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Support Cruiser Retrofit and Kamarag Battlecruiser Retrofit were limited time rewards for the 3rd year anniversary. They brought out fleet versions of the ships which are basically upgraded versions of those Tier V ships. They're not bringing them back any time soon.

He was asking if we're going to see the Tier V Retrofits again as rewards, not the Tier III versions which are permanent rewards.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Oh ok.....i was on extended break to focus on schoolwork during that event, sorry bout that
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited August 2014

That's T3 though.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you're in a fleet that has a tier 3 shipyard, you can get the fleet versions. :D
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I know the ambassador was put in the fleet store was the others hmm if not it most be a over site by the divs mean devs.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not sure why there is even a thread.

You still get a free Tier 3 Version and the Tier 5 verison was put in the Fleet Store, like the standard Odyssey / Bortas.
  • gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Romulans cant get the Tier 5 one though :(
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited August 2014

um. There Is a fleet version of the ship, so you will likely not see a return of it as a free reward.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Kamarag_Battlecruiser_Retrofit

and the fed version: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Support_Cruiser_Retrofit
    edited August 2014
    I know there are fleet versions, but the cost is far too high for a 1-char unlock for a boosted stats version. $20 for a 1-time unlock that's comparable to FREE lvl40 ships? Cryptic are a bit insane with the greed on that one. I don't mind the lower stats, the lvl40 version with the fixed boff layout and the lesser hull and shields. There is precedent for SHIPS coming back, even if not other lesser rewards like pups and tribbles.

The Oddy was a limited-time test-run ship similar to the Karamag. That was before it became a C-store ship. Then the limited time version came back as a fleet-cred-only ship.

Really, though, we could use more variety and more lvl40 ships, and I really love the looks of this as compared to the Mirror Negh'Var (which got gimped in the hull category for... whatever reason I can't fathom?). The Negh to me is just ugly and always was back when I saw it the first time on DS9.

I just don't think I could bring myself to fly it, in-game.
  • bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cant they be purchased of the exchange? Or they are Bind to character on pickup?
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not sure why there is even a thread.

You still get a free Tier 3 Version and the Tier 5 verison was put in the Fleet Store, like the standard Odyssey / Bortas.

It's my understanding that the Fleet Ambassador and the third year reward Ambassador are not the same ship, despite both being T5.

I'm assuming it's the same deal with the Kamarag.
    edited August 2014
    Cant they be purchased of the exchange? Or they are Bind to character on pickup?

The latter.

The mirror heavy Cruiser has roughly the same layout as the support retrofit, but nothing can replace the awesome looks of the Ambassador.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Ambassador / Kamarag that comes from the shipyards is the fleet version of those hulls, superior to the ones that were received from running temporal ambassador during that limited time window.

Yes, 20k FC & 4 FM is steep for a single-charcter unlock, however, it's no more steep than any of the other non-tier 5 fleet variants, of which there are many (ask any KDF of what I speak)...

Is there a random possibility of the T5.0 Ambassador/Kamarag coming back much as the Oddy/Bort did? Check back next year or so, it took close to 2 years for the "T5.0" versions to come to the fleet store after their event ended... :P

Though, of course, the whole "look, we have T6 coming" might render that moot - I forsee development of all T5.x level ships to stop with Delta Rising...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    The latter.

The mirror heavy Cruiser has roughly the same layout as the support retrofit, but nothing can replace the awesome looks of the Ambassador.

I remember the first time I watched Yesterdays Enterprise. Giving Galaxy class ship a "retro" look and naming it Enterprise C was an great move, I personaly think that Galaxy and Ambassador class ships are the Federation ships. Still by far the best looking and most intimidating look title goes to D'deridex class. Pure beauty and intimidation :D
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
    edited August 2014
    D'Deridex is also missing lvl40 variant. It skips from Tier3 to C-store Lvl50. I recently started a Rom just to play the storyline missions and I don't like most of the ship options. I DO like the D'Deridex but it's not something I want to pay that much for if this is my ONLY rom toon I'll bother with.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's my understanding that the Fleet Ambassador and the third year reward Ambassador are not the same ship, despite both being T5.
    You are correct.

In the game at the moment, there are three versions of each ship.

There is a Tier #3 Ambassador and Kamarag (which can be obtained via that mission)
    There is a Tier #5 Retrofit (not to be confused with the Fleet Retrofit) of each ship, which could only be obtained when the mission came out, so if you missed it, tough luck.
    And there is the Fleet version of both ships.

Two of the three versions can still be obtained. The third cannot, and only people who had a character or specific level when the episode/mission launched would likely still have the ships in question.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ive stopped trying to give them different names, ive gone with t1(lt), t2(ltcmdr), t3(cmdr), t4(capt), t4.5(ra, weak), t5(va, mid), t5.5(fleet, strong), t6(tbc: adm)
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Given that the Mirror Heavy Cruiser Retrofit and Mirror Neghvar have identical layouts as the Retrofits you're referring to, I wouldn't be holding my breath. That said, I still have them on most of my pre-LoR characters.
    edited August 2014
    szerontzur wrote: »
    Given that the Mirror Heavy Cruiser Retrofit and Mirror Neghvar have identical layouts as the Retrofits you're referring to, I wouldn't be holding my breath. That said, I still have them on most of my pre-LoR characters.

It's a bit of a shame though there was no Romulan option since the event ended before LoR.
    Use the T3 support cruiser on my Rom at the moment.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    some things were promoted once before and i haven't seen them return since, i cant see any reason why the devs would bring it back. if i wanted an ambassador class i would get some dil together and buy 4 or 5 fleet modules plus 20k for contributing to that fleet for their provision in return and then get the ship and im probably forgetting fleet credits as well for the t5.5 version rather then worry about a t4.5 version with the threat of t6 ships hanging around even so.

just for reference, q once came to the old esd outside quinns office at the fountain, he put gifts on the fountain and people collected around looking for their random gift, i once got a targ pup as a reward from that on my fed toon, i still have that targ pup on that toon since but the point is that it never came back. also the klingons had their own tribble pile search with q on the side on the old qo'nos (you can still visit it by going through the kdf fek'ihr storyline or whatever its called.

the jem'hadar attack ship was free once, it never came back in the same way, its now hidden behind an arbitrary lockbox chance. certain tribbles from seasons past, still got those since the early seasons but didnt get the gambling device which im assuming was another one of these one time promotions as well, again the point is these were one time and never seen in that capacity again.

I still kick myself for skipping out on Season 5 testing. It's the only test reward that I don't have. (And the only Tribble in the game that I don't have.)

As for the Gambling device, that actually comes from a lockbox these days (or maybe it always did I dunno) and can be had on the exchange for very cheap (3M last time I checked)

And you left out the perorder bonuses! Quite a few of those haven't ever been available any other way.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.