test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nanoprobe Field Generator Needs a Cooldown

gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
As this power is right now, the stacks can remain far too long. Add those stacks plus the "adapt" from Elite Fleet Shields and you've got a near perfect shield.
Case in point: a Recluse carrier shrugged off the attacks of five other players for over ten minutes last night in Ker'rat. It wasn't that he had such an amazing build or was just that good. He somehow had Nanoprobe going nearly the whole time. I'm honestly not butt-hurt about not being able to kill that guy, this is something that I feel is not balanced and bad for the game.
Second case in point:
My Narcine Carrier almost never lost shields in a Federation Fleet Alert. I'd lose hull before a facing even came down. I think the entire mission I hit my shield heal 2-3 times. Nanoprobe was activating I estimate 50-60% of the time.
I ask that the T4 Counter Command ability have a 10 second cool down before it can be activated again. Or an alternative would be instead of a 10% chance to activate upon receiving energy dmg. lower it to 5%.
Post edited by gooddaytodie39 on

Comments

• Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Let me ask you this: If your shields come up AFTER the damage is done, and you were losing hull with full shields...

... what's the problem? It's a terrible feature. It doesn't protect your hull at all. It's a proc that happens after the damage has been done.

Seems to me it allows the enemy to eat your hull to pieces like the shields are paper thin.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yup, it's a strong rep trait.

I guess that's one of the reasons BO has been changed. Try the recluse now with several players swinging always critting BOs at it.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Let me ask you this: If your shields come up AFTER the damage is done, and you were losing hull with full shields...

... what's the problem? It's a terrible feature. It doesn't protect your hull at all. It's a proc that happens after the damage has been done.

Seems to me it allows the enemy to eat your hull to pieces like the shields are paper thin.

You apparently have no idea what the rep trait is and what it does...
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    Yup, it's a strong rep trait.

I guess that's one of the reasons BO has been changed. Try the recluse now with several players swinging always critting BOs at it.

Ya can't wait to get home to do the new supper bosted Beam Overloads. I'm thinking I can one shot the Recluse now, so no worries Devs. Cancel my request, in light of today's patch Nanoprobe Field Gen probably needs a boost! I kid I kid, it's still too OP plznerf.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I may be wrong but isn't there a shield resistance cap?

It is a strong trait. I can feel the difference when having it off and on. What I do like is it giving life back to some other shilds like my old MACO shield.
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It all comes down to the fact that Nanite Field Generator should not be stacking with the [Adapt] Elite Fleet Shield modifier. It is no different than the old Plasmonic Leech + MACO shield proc power bonus stacking. Cryptic made it so that the two proc types couldn't stack together and that is exactly what needs to happen with Adapt and Tier IV 8472.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It all comes down to the fact that Nanite Field Generator should not be stacking with the [Adapt] Elite Fleet Shield modifier. It is no different than the old Plasmonic Leech + MACO shield proc power bonus stacking. Cryptic made it so that the two proc types couldn't stack together and that is exactly what needs to happen with Adapt and Tier IV 8472.

If they changes that, than it would have to effect all shields, that provide some means of energy weapon DR.

Example 10% against any energy type, or 20% against plasma, etc.....
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    edited August 2014
    If they changes that, than it would have to effect all shields, that provide some means of energy weapon DR.

Example 10% against any energy type, or 20% against plasma, etc.....

No, they wouldn't need to do that at all. Nanoprobe Field Generator is a proc with a 10% chance to provide 5% all shield damage resistance for 15 seconds when taking damage (Stacks 5 times). [Adapt] is a shield proc that provides 2% specific damage resistance each time the shield is struck with that damage type (Stacks 10 times per damage type). The two procs are comparable and completely separate from a [Pha], [Dis], or [ResA] modifier. [Adapt] and Nanoprobe both stack up and function in a very similar fashion. There is no reason Cryptic can't limit players from stacking the two together to get 45% "free" shield damage resistance the same way players could get +20-22 power to all subsystems with MACO + Leech.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    No, they wouldn't need to do that at all. Nanoprobe Field Generator is a proc with a 10% chance to provide 5% all shield damage resistance for 15 seconds when taking damage (Stacks 5 times). [Adapt] is a shield proc that provides 2% specific damage resistance each time the shield is struck with that damage type (Stacks 10 times per damage type). The two procs are comparable and completely separate from a [Pha], [Dis], or [ResA] modifier. [Adapt] and Nanoprobe both stack up and function in a very similar fashion. There is no reason Cryptic can't limit players from stacking the two together to get 45% "free" shield damage resistance the same way players could get +20-22 power to all subsystems with MACO + Leech.

Gee let's see now fleet shield hit with plasma, [Adapt] 2%x10=20% vs plasma.

Well adapted MACO shield array has an already 20% DR vs plasma.

Solanae Shield Array has an already 10% DR vs any energy type.

All 3 of these arrays, benefits from the Nanoprobe field generator, so how am I wrong?

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Gee let's see now fleet shield hit with plasma, [Adapt] 2%x10=20% vs plasma.

Well adapted MACO shield array has an already 20% DR vs plasma.

Solanae Shield Array has an already 10% DR vs any energy type.

All 3 of these arrays, benefits from the Nanoprobe field generator, so how am I wrong?

Elite Fleet Shields already come with 15% shield damage resistance against three damage types. The [Adapt] is just frosting on the cake in such cases. Tossing on the 8472 Tier IV trait is like adding another layer of frosting on top of the layer of frosting you just added. MACO and Solanae have cake (flat resistances), but they don't have frosting. Cryptic made the Tier IV 8472 trait in order to allow MACO et all to obtain frosting that had previously been restricted to only Elite Fleet shields. The problem is this now allowed players using Elite Fleet Shields to double dip on frosting...which resulted in a sugar high (excessive resistances).
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Elite Fleet Shields already come with 15% shield damage resistance against three damage types. The [Adapt] is just frosting on the cake in such cases. Tossing on the 8472 Tier IV trait is like adding another layer of frosting on top of the layer of frosting you just added. MACO and Solanae have cake (flat resistances), but they don't have frosting. Cryptic made the Tier IV 8472 trait in order to allow MACO et all to obtain frosting that had previously been restricted to only Elite Fleet shields. The problem is this now allowed players using Elite Fleet Shields to double dip on frosting...which resulted in a sugar high (excessive resistances).

Yes, for a maximum of 35% on any Elite fleet shield, over a 10-25% for any rep shield.

It still benefits reputation shields, no different than any other shields array, so make your point.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Yes, for a maximum of 35% on any Elite fleet shield, over a 10-25% for any rep shield.

It still benefits reputation shields, no different than any other shields array, so make your point.

I already made my point, but since you don't understand I'll explain it another way. Elite Fleet Shields come with 15% shield damage resistance to three types and a proc that allows them to build up +20% shield damage resistance every time attacked. This gives +35% damage resistance to three types and +20% resistance to all other types. A reputation shield has 20% shield damage resistance to a single damage type or 10% all energy damage resistance. They are on par with Elite Fleet Shields before the [Adapt] proc is applied. Sacrificing a space trait slot allows players with a reputation shield to make the shield on par with a Elite Fleet Shield. However, using an Elite Fleet Shield with the 8472 trait allows the Elite Fleet Shield to come out as even more superior than reputation shields. Simply attacking a ship with Elite Fleet Shields and the trait will grain +45% free damage resistance, which then stacks with the base +15% against three damage type for +60% free damage resistance. This is much higher than a reputation shield, which will give 10-20% by itself and +25% from the trait for +35-45% free resistance. Elite Fleet Shields and the trait should not stack together for the same reason that MACO and Leech do not stack. It allows players to double dip on the same type of bonus.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cool, so then if you throw EptS3 on it, you get 90% shieldres? And not to forget you get shieldres via Shieldpower, so does this mean if I have like 100 shieldpower, I have 100% shieldres? Well, I am invincible now.
    Wait, why doesnt this work in the game? And why does CLR give me less shieldres then 100%?

Oh, yeah, because shieldres doesnt stack like adding up. Its going like dmg*(1-Res1)*(1-Res2)*...
    meaning, if you already have high res, then 5x5% are a very,very minor improvement. I tested it in Ise, and well, doesnt really make any difference, if you are at high shieldpower, elite shield and EptS3. Might do more on little power or less EptS, but if you say it makes one invincible, nah, it doesnt.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I already made my point, but since you don't understand I'll explain it another way. Elite Fleet Shields come with 15% shield damage resistance to three types and a proc that allows them to build up +20% shield damage resistance every time attacked. This gives +35% damage resistance to three types and +20% resistance to all other types. A reputation shield has 20% shield damage resistance to a single damage type or 10% all energy damage resistance. They are on par with Elite Fleet Shields before the [Adapt] proc is applied. Sacrificing a space trait slot allows players with a reputation shield to make the shield on par with a Elite Fleet Shield. However, using an Elite Fleet Shield with the 8472 trait allows the Elite Fleet Shield to come out as even more superior than reputation shields. Simply attacking a ship with Elite Fleet Shields and the trait will grain +45% free damage resistance, which then stacks with the base +15% against three damage type for +60% free damage resistance. This is much higher than a reputation shield, which will give 10-20% by itself and +25% from the trait for +35-45% free resistance. Elite Fleet Shields and the trait should not stack together for the same reason that MACO and Leech do not stack. It allows players to double dip on the same type of bonus.

Well that is the point, Elite fleet gear should always be superior, to Reputation gear, but only so much as we find, actually is Superior over Reputation gear.
    woodwhity wrote: »
    Cool, so then if you throw EptS3 on it, you get 90% shieldres? And not to forget you get shieldres via Shieldpower, so does this mean if I have like 100 shieldpower, I have 100% shieldres? Well, I am invincible now.
    Wait, why doesnt this work in the game? And why does CLR give me less shieldres then 100%?

Oh, yeah, because shieldres doesnt stack like adding up. Its going like dmg*(1-Res1)*(1-Res2)*...
    meaning, if you already have high res, then 5x5% are a very,very minor improvement. I tested it in Ise, and well, doesnt really make any difference, if you are at high shieldpower, elite shield and EptS3. Might do more on little power or less EptS, but if you say it makes one invincible, nah, it doesnt.

Pretty much on Q with what you saying.

/10char