test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

borg remodulation bug with KHG pulsewave?

rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
I have been noticing extremely short remodulation times on the KHG pulsewave. I am running the trait which SUPPOSEDLY extends number of shots before you need to remodulate, but I finally got fed up and did some tests last night in Defera Invasion Zone.

Whether using free remodulator or built-in JKG remodulator, results are the same. The KHG pulsewave only fires 4 shots before the 5th does no damage and requires remodulation. Sometimes (often enough to note) it does it after only 3 shots. Even with built-in 3pc KHG integrated remodulator, you can fire and need to remodulate BEFORE the remodulator is cooled down again.

What's with that?!

Again, I run the trait which improves time before remodulation is required on ALL my toons, and it seems to do nothing at all.

This is a major problem since Borg are such a large part of this game. Also, only the original 3 omega sets have integrated remodulators, and with all the more recent sets and all the more recent fleet additions, we have a myriad of rep items that can be used, but if you swap out ANY single part of those original 3pc Omega sets, you lose that integral remodulator and are forced to suffer horribly with a fractal (or *gasp* a free one).

We need a remodulation review and bug fix. It shouldn't max out after 3 or 4 shots on a single weapon. It shouldn't take so long you actively have to retreat from combat to wait out the remodulation cooldown and/or process itself.

And lastly, it SHOULDN'T have integrated remodulator tied only to the oldest omega sets which nobody uses anymore.

Premise:

1) Remodulation needs to be bug checked and all values on all weapons need a revamp to last longer than the time of the actual remodulation itself, ESPECIALLY the weapons specifically designed to combat the borg. Omega rep weapons should gain a bonus -20% borg adaptation rate as comapred to any other rep weapon.

That aside, it really leads into the next matter:

2) Remodulation should be accomplished as currently, but NOT tied to the 3pc bonus. Remove that from Omega reps and add a new device item that a character can slot: Omega Integrated Remodulator. This will have the same code function as the current 3pc. To make it fair, let it be limited to purchase ONLY after the full kit 3pc is owned. That way it can be used in conjunction with the full Omega set or the set can be broken without losing the functionality.

2 a) Let all kits have an extra device slot on them, which does not interfere with the 4 current device slots. Let this device slot be in addition to kit module slots. Let this slot ONLY hold devices which remodulate weapons against the borg. You may slot a free remodulator, a fractal remodulator, an Omega Integrated Remodulator, or the pre-modulated consumable pack, and no other devices. This allows you to keep the limited device slots you have for healing and other important items.

Even if Omega 3pc remodulator bonus were working properly... You shouldn't be forced to suffer through archaic gameplay mechanics (losing a device, waiting for a fractal to process, and then spending more time remodulating than actually shooting) because you don't use the most obsolete ground sets in the game. Remodulating needs an upgrade, and I think the above suggestions are the best way to fix it.
Post edited by rodentmaster on

Comments

• Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I could be wrong, but last I heard (which was a real long time ago), pulsewaves in general had to remodulate faster than other weapons. Have you tried ordinary pulsewaves to see if they have similar remod cycles?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    At the time I did the testing I wanted to try that, but didn't have one available.

Yes, I understand the pulsewaves remodulate a little faster than some, but 4 shots? Sometimes 3? WHILE running the borg remodulation extending trait?

Something is broken.

EDIT: I was running an older mk X KHG set from before they removed the X/XI marks. I thought maybe it was an oversight and only the removed items were bugged. I ran the omega rep project to get the XII version while I was testing and it had it had identical results in every category. So it wasn't just the older marks.
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    At the time I did the testing I wanted to try that, but didn't have one available.

Yes, I understand the pulsewaves remodulate a little faster than some, but 4 shots? Sometimes 3? WHILE running the borg remodulation extending trait?

Something is broken.

IIRC, it's because pulsewaves hit twice (I think?), and the fact that they can hit multiple Borg using normal shot, and each of the Borg you hit counts as a separate shot to the remod limit.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    scurry5 wrote: »
    IIRC, it's because pulsewaves hit twice (I think?), and the fact that they can hit multiple Borg using normal shot, and each of the Borg you hit counts as a separate shot to the remod limit.

If that IS true, and I'm not saying it is, then it's a massive oversight. It's as bad as when you're remodulate and fire Omega Force auto rifle secondary fire, and borg would adapt before the burst was over. Remember those days?

Besides that oversight, something is still broken. Back before they nerfed all the rep traits and limited your number, the trait for remodulation WORKED. Now, it doesn't. So something still isn't working
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    IMO it is probably an oversight, and most likely bugged.

Normally Borg adapt to over use of a single energy type, the quickness of normal adaptation seems fairly random, but that too seems bugged and why you need re-modulate right after you just finished re-modulating.

The trait is supposed to extend the length between re-modulations, but doesn't always work correctly, sometimes you need constantly re-modulate, and other times you can go almost the entire mission one re-modulation, or none.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Just to circle back to this and close the discussion out, it seems that with the 2-3 mini updates in the past few days, something was fixed. At least, on one of my toons the pulsewave was NOT requiring remodulation after every third shot. It was much more reasonable (with the remodulation trait equipped).