test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The update cost me 3-4 good doffs. Srsly?!?!

rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
I had a number of doff missions running last night and couldn't log in all day to see the update. I log in to check things out, take a look at the stuff flashing over my screen as soon as I log in, then decide to clear my completed doff list. 22 items. As I'm going through...

wait a minute....

I didn't queue that.

I never queued that.

I would NEVER queue that, EVER!

What the heck!?!?

So it took what I recall to be a Dominion prisoner exchange and made it a prisoner ransom. It took my blue horta prisoner and gave me.... NOTHING in return. Some ECs or something. It wasn't even an "extort" mission so I didn't even get commodities. I didn't queue that!!! Now I'm out a rare prisoner doff with nothing to show for it.

Then going down further on the list.. Wait, WHAT was that??? I just traded a PURPLE doff in cardassian officer exchange and got a white in return? I never queued that! I NEVER trade purples in officer exchanges. EVAR. There's no point! I've got the purple already! I use that to try to trade UP, not sideways. On top of that it matched a purple with 2 traits, succeeded, and gave me a damned WHITE in return? There's no way that should EVER happen. THIS is the system you want to use for R&D now? How insane is that?!

Overall, going through my list of 22 completed missions, I lost 3 or 4 rare and very rare doffs in missions I never ran. It totally screwed me over. I checked missions on my alts, and they didn't have nearly as many queued, but there was another as well that lost one to inappropriate mission conversion with the patch.

SERIOUSLY, Cryptic? Learn to freaking TEST before you release! This was a COSMETIC change. It shouldn't have screwed with not only the mission selection, but the already-locked-in DOFF that's tied to that mission! BUSH LEAGUE STUFF HERE!
Post edited by rodentmaster on

Comments

• Options
    opak1opak1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I saw that some of my DOFF mission graphics were "sticking" from the mission before it. I dont think I actually lost any DOFFs. Did you take a look at your roster and make sure that you lost the Doff? All the ones I thought I lost were actually still there.

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." - James T. Kirk
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I was clicking around and it wasn't sticking. It was changing and updating with every mission I moved to.

I also know it wasn't graphical because I watched the feed of incoming items above my text buffer and on the mission which changed to a "ransom" instead of an "exchange" I only got some lousy EC amount, no random officer in return. On the one that lost me a purple with 2 matched traits I still only got 1 white back.

It's like the system went through and swapped out the actual missions for what the AI thought would be better ones. I say the AI because purple with 2 matched traits is what it would suggest for any mission now, it doesn't realize you don't want your best doff in missions where the doff gets removed from your ship. It doesn't realize you often want your LEAST doffs to be traded.
  • Options
    opak1opak1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That sucks..Sorry to hear...

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." - James T. Kirk
  • Options
    phase1aphase1a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yup, noticed today when Accepting Results on Refugee and Officer Exchange Assignemts where I specifically remember slotting white doffs (had to scroll down to get to them, I remember that specifically and slotting anything above green in these is generally an unwise thing to do), that suddenly there are Purple Doffs in those slots that are taken away from me.

Seems some bug with the new UI. I wrote a Bug report and a Ticket to hopfeully get back my Doffs, tho the Assigignemnt log only goes back a short bit, so I may have lost others before that yesterday :(

(Also for any mods, I have bought stuff in the Cstore and have a Lifetime Account on CO yet the forum won't let me create threads, please fix this)
  • Options
    phase1aphase1a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hmmm, may be a display error after all, the Doffs I was supposed to have lost changed after more doff assignements were completed...
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    thats good to hear....