test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 9.5 List of Materials, Doff's, & Rewards.

grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
Liberty Task Force and Liberty Honor Guard fleet members have compiled a list of materials, doffs (and where to find them), and rewards for each new Research and Development School. While we can't open all our forums we're happy to share this with the community and hope it helps.

Our fleet is already strategizing and planning on the best way to level up crafting for the benefit of the entire fleet. If you see any errors or corrections are needed please feel free to let us know. We'll update the list when needed if anything new comes out. Enjoy.

Link: http://www.libertytaskforce.com/forum/m/13290647/viewthread/13748939-95-crafting-system-overview-wip/post/last#last
Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
Fleet Leader of:
Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
Liberty Guardians
U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
Post edited by grayfoxjames on

Comments

• grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Almost forgot, here is also the conversion chart of the old materials to the new. Again if any corrections are needed let us know. Thanks and enjoy.

Link: http://www.libertytaskforce.com/forum/m/13290647/viewthread/13803179-crafting-material-conversion-chart
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Guardians

• centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As a non-Tribble player, I appreciate the excellent reporting here. That said, I had to pick my jaw up from the floor, aghast at what crafting has been reduced to, vs. what it might have been with some intelligent planning...:eek:

To make matters worse, there are also reports that the outcome of the crafting assignments has also been reduced to some brute probability, vs. a known quantity, which the old system at least had going for it! It will be a sad day when this is finally shoveled onto the game server...:(
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As a non-Tribble player, I appreciate the excellent reporting here. That said, I had to pick my jaw up from the floor, aghast at what crafting has been reduced to, vs. what it might have been with some intelligent planning...:eek:

To make matters worse, there are also reports that the outcome of the crafting assignments has also been reduced to some brute probability, vs. a known quantity, which the old system at least had going for it! It will be a sad day when this is finally shoveled onto the game server...:(

You mean coming this Thursday to holodeck:eek:
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    /Subscribed.

Thanks for sharing your efforts.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    You mean coming this Thursday to holodeck:eek:

Probably next Tuesday.
  • whatinblueblazeswhatinblueblazes Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Fantastic resource. Thanks for compiling and sharing!
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Damn fine work guys. If you need a favor, hit me up

Dahm @acceleron
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the work, guys.
    edited July 2014
    Glad to help the community. Big thanks to Nurulinde, Cobra, and Zach of Liberty Task Force for putting this together.

I hope Season 9.5 comes out next week Tuesday or even next Thursday and not this week yet. Still want to grind a few more Particles and Explorations Cluster missions before they close them out.
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Guardians

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    you guys didn't happen to make a list of where to find blue and purple particles did you?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited July 2014

A known quantity also what you get from a fleet store. For this system I think the idea is that to encourage people to keep using it (rather than just picking up the few things they actually need then being done with it all, like the old crafting) they allow the occasional **** up or simply the unknowable outcome. So, you get into the pattern of wanting weapon A, fabricating it several times over, and winding up with sub-par variants (also hopefully what you wanted but that's not so much the point) that you can easily put to the exchange or a fleet bank. Then you realize that there might be something to this content production than merely grinding to another store front, making stuff might have other applications.

Honestly I think its the best way this system could have developed. If it were simply filling project requirements for a definite list of items we wouldn't have gained anything except a few shiny toys and a MASSIVE grind (ie. the reputation system from hell.) In this form, there's a new function and that unfortunately requires it to not always do what the players specifically want of it in order to force them to look at crafting from a slightly different point of view. In that sense its good mechanical game design (even if it will be a bit frustrating to use.)

Anyway, great thread and great resource. I'll certainly be holding onto it. :)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited July 2014
    A known quantity also what you get from a fleet store. For this system I think the idea is that to encourage people to keep using it (rather than just picking up the few things they actually need then being done with it all, like the old crafting) they allow the occasional **** up or simply the unknowable outcome. So, you get into the pattern of wanting weapon A, fabricating it several times over, and winding up with sub-par variants (also hopefully what you wanted but that's not so much the point) that you can easily put to the exchange or a fleet bank. Then you realize that there might be something to this content production than merely grinding to another store front, making stuff might have other applications.

Honestly I think its the best way this system could have developed. If it were simply filling project requirements for a definite list of items we wouldn't have gained anything except a few shiny toys and a MASSIVE grind (ie. the reputation system from hell.) In this form, there's a new function and that unfortunately requires it to not always do what the players specifically want of it in order to force them to look at crafting from a slightly different point of view. In that sense its good mechanical game design (even if it will be a bit frustrating to use.)

Anyway, great thread and great resource. I'll certainly be holding onto it. :)
    It's certainly lights years ahead of the Diablo 2 system where you could craft stuff that, if it went poorly, was useless to anyone higher than 20, but had stat requirements that low level chars might not have. On the flipside, it somehow had the ability to create items that NO ONE could use.... EVER! How, I have no idea, just that the formula could stick on required levels higher than the level a player could be.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh Mighty Forum Gods ...................sticky This !!!!
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Was curious about the schematics. Good to know that the Devs didn't let something slip through the gaps! Oh wait.... nevermind..... :rolleyes:
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for compensating the missing Dev-Blogs! :)
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Was curious about the schematics. Good to know that the Devs didn't let something slip through the gaps! Oh wait.... nevermind..... :rolleyes:
    what about scheatics? can you use them now? last i cheked on tribble there was no use of those. + no use of unpredictable materials. and alien aritfact? can you use those?
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Glad to help the community. Big thanks to Nurulinde, Cobra, and Zach of Liberty Task Force for putting this together.

I hope Season 9.5 comes out next week Tuesday or even next Thursday and not this week yet. Still want to grind a few more Particles and Explorations Cluster missions before they close them out.
    there will still be doff assigments that award fair amount of those. besides having few thousend of particles now will give you more than 10k crafting materials later + crafting packages in queue events.... with 20h projects that will be life stock for avarage crafter.
    edited July 2014
    you guys didn't happen to make a list of where to find blue and purple particles did you?

Don't think so. I'll check with my guys and see if they have anything, if they do I'll update the list and post to let you guys know.
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Guardians

• bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    It's certainly lights years ahead of the Diablo 2 system

Comparing this to a game released in 1999................... It was another eon, well before MMO and crafting became big.........
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
    edited July 2014
    Don't think so. I'll check with my guys and see if they have anything, if they do I'll update the list and post to let you guys know.
    Here's the bits I have on conversion:
    rank1-3 old mats each convert to 2 of a random common new mat.
    rank4-6 old mats each convert to 2 of a random uncommon new mat.
    rare traces convert at random to one of; 4 commons, 3 uncommons, or 1 rare.

the special borg mats at Defera don't convert, but the Defera crafting table was still there.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • vaklovaklo Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just so I'm sure I read this right, the newly crafted Aegis items will not be trade-able because they bind on pickup, and the existing ones that get converted will be bind on equip... right?
    edited July 2014
    vaklo wrote: »
    Just so I'm sure I read this right, the newly crafted Aegis items will not be trade-able because they bind on pickup, and the existing ones that get converted will be bind on equip... right?

Mmmm...I wasn't aware of that. There might some new pricey Aegis sets up on the exchange on Thursday if that's the case seeing as if you already have the old one...auto upgrade which means you won't have to grind the new system to have them. I could be wrong though. Good thing I crafted the two pieces I wanted last week (refuse to give up my elite fleet shields).
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Guardians

• tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Going by Season 9: Dev Blog #28, all of the end of the tier crafting items are bind on equip.
  • rondorarondora Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    vaklo wrote: »

i remembered seeing something from adjudicatorhawk back on july 1st and dug it up for help here:

"The set is Bind to Account on Equip - the screenshots I provided for the blog were just on gear I had already equipped, and thus it was bound to me. The whole draw of R+D is making gear for other people as well as yourself, and that includes the endgame gear available in the system.

The old set is upgraded to the new stats.

Players who were able to craft AEGIS in the old system will receive the Duty Officer that allows AEGIS crafting for free when the new system launches, as well as a title for progressing that far in the previous system.

Players who gained any XP at all in the old system will receive the "Dabbler" title as a reward when the new system launches."
  • colonelsanderzcolonelsanderz Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Updated to reflect the most recent recipe/dil/component level changes...
    ?
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bernatk wrote: »
    Comparing this to a game released in 1999................... It was another eon, well before MMO and crafting became big.........

WTF are you on? EQ has and still has the best crafting system in place because guess what its crafting...not whatever you want to call this system...and the fact that this has to be community created for proper information instead of a dev blog sticked somewhere makes me laugh ...

DOOOOOOM!!!

ok back to my ale...leave us Romulans alone....already have for year....
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif