test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    (ok, jamming is binary, either its jamming or not. So if you cna communicate with the station at 10K, then you cna communicate with a ship at 10K)
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    alex: so what are we supposed to be doing now?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    (*prods rattler*)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,007 Community Moderator
    (Krystal's still waiting for a response from the station commander. Speaking of... where is Kurland? lol)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    (not here)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(why are you contacting DS9 Ops and not your ship?)
    Ancient Griffon insult

(they aren't contacting ops - they ARE at ops)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(Because Alex teleported us to Ops)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Sarish Minna: So, Admirals, what are you doing here? (As she holsters her weaon, which the others do)

RAdm Rose, to MND: Got to be little ships the Hurq use to broadspecturm jam comms through out the system. Seems either they upped thier game, or they got help. Considering the use telepathy, eletronic communications are not tneeded, Jess.
    Ancient Griffon insult

Krystal: Getting out of a locked down pylon I guess.
    Sarisha: Well, looks liek both pylon are in lockdown. We got comms with the Enterprise, Llieset, Kor, MND. Tepes and Davion.
    Ancient Griffon insult

Krystal: If comms were jammed, Exeter's probably using alternate means.
    Sarish: We cant get anything from outiside ten thousand kilometers of the station, nothing from Starfleet, Bajor, sateleites in the Bajoran system, even the wormhole. This is a braod spectrum jamming, so it woudl affect the HurQ ships also, if they are communication through normal means. Want me to heail the Exeter?
    Ancient Griffon insult

• nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,149 Arc User
    Briana: let's go.

Sn'ket: Comms are back up

Nick: that's good to hear. Is anyone hailing us?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    alex: what's the situation outside the station?​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(*nudges thread with stick*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Krystal: Sure.
    edited May 2019
    Sarish: This is DS9 to Exeter, we got someone who wants to speak to you?
    Ancient Griffon insult

Briana: Nyssa?....
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Tala: Guess we knocked out enough ships to get at least some communications.
    Krystal: How you holding up Tala?
    Tala: Really hating the swarm tactics.
    ONyssa: Okay, here we go. (A few snowflakes appear around the group, then the view changes, and the bridge of the Destroyer appears, they are off to one side, near the door to the rest fo the ship)

Sarish: Well, the Davion and the MND have shown up. Still the system Jamming is not allowing us to get any SOS out.

Ancient Griffon insult

alex: did the conundrum manage to get a signal out before the hur'q started jamming? (they did - just barely)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Briana: *Brings her rifle up to aim once they've teleported. ready to fire if need be. Looking around Cautiously*
    Tala: Noticed. Guess you putting out group on standby was a good call Krys.
    Krystal: Yea. How much of a breather you got?
    Tala: Hard to say. Rather not drop shields for any length of time right now, and we still have a few civilians out here. We could get hit again any second.
    Krystal: Keep her in one piece for me Tala.
    Sarish: I do not know. You's have to ask your ship. but we probably wont know for another hour, even then this jamming....why would they do that? They can not speak with each other either.

Ancient Griffon insult

• hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,897 Arc User
    ((At work cant post right now))
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    alex: if they're a hive mind, they wouldn't need ship-based communication...and we're at a severe disadvantage​​

#LegalizeAwoo

RAdm Rose: Comms, how many communication bouys do we have?

Comms: 12 right now.

RAdm Rose: Not enough,
    Ancient Griffon insult

Krystal: That's when you start going old school.
    Tala: Right. We've been using our running lights to blink messages with Tepes.
    Nick: Since comms are back. hail the station. lets try to get an idea on the situation.

Sn'ket: Right away, Captain *The Tepes Hails DS9*

Nick: This is Fleet Captain O'Connor. What's the status over there?