test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,152 Arc User
    (Why is it so important you impale him? It just sounds like you want a pin cushion or punching bag)
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    Because it's such a small thing and he is immortal. He is the only person who I could possibly hurt with them that wouldn't die or be severely injured for the rest of the fight because he'll survive. I am tired of arguing and that's it. This is them at their most powerful and his bones would be able to pierce the hardest armor with his rush attack. That's it.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    *alex slams his eyes tightly shut against the oncoming flashbang, holding back a pained groan at the talon still impaled in his side*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    (It seems more like a desperate powermove to flex over me. You seem to be ignoring logical arguments and screaming "Reeeeeeeeeee, its happening because i want it to happen!" if its such a small thing you can just move on instead of asserting the power of blatant hypocritical disregard.)
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    (You seem to have in the past ignored arguments and evidence against how durable the tyrants skin would be going Reeee this is happening because I want this to happen. If it's such a small thing you can just move on instead of conveniently forgetting your hypocritical actions.)

*Seventeen throws a flashbang at Alex and it bursts the stunned tyrant letting go of him and swinging wildly unable to see anymore*
    (Ignored arguments? Saying "Oh their skin is as harder than space marine armor" all of a sudden to try to make your argument sound better, isn't really a good argument. its the same thing you complain about shadow.)
    (I gave evidence as to their skin being harder than steel in the 90's when their original iteration was created. Thanks to the technological advances of the year 2410 they're significantly more durable than before. I also supplied evidence of them being bullet proof and evidence of their resistances all of which you ignored. It's entirely possible their skin is as hard as space marine armor.)
    (If it is even AS hard as space marine armor... well)
    hoan113 wrote: »
    ((i mean just sayin. thats a chaos space marine btw.))

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShorttermPettyHorsechestnutleafminer-max-1mb.gif

(And yet many other examples show it taking longer to cut through the space marine than just a tiny cutscene.)
    (In the one instance of that where its cutting through the armor it's clearly taking longer to slice through it than in the other short clip)
    (No not really. You see a lot of blood nearly as soon as it makes contact, indicating penetration)
    (Except they aren't turned to mush the instant it makes contact which only proves my earlier point that their skin could resist it long enough for a tyrant to react)
    (half a second is such a long time to react, don't you think? hell he might even be able to grab a cup of coffee before he retaliates too, huh?)
  • icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    (I think its time for reset, if characters were this powerful in AD&D campaigns, they usual get retired, and time for another GM to roll)
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
    (I don't think anyone wants to go for that)
    (He would be able to turn around in the few seconds it clearly took in that video and with his strength send nick flying away.)

(We need that gm thing that Rattler suggested)
    *alex opens his eyes and grabs the claw still impaled into him, yanking it out and quickly making his way to a safe location, pulling out another pistol and firing each in an alternating pattern at the tyrant near nick*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    humanlobes.gif

(You see this? This is a brain, all the lobes labeled correctly. Nick is coming from behind, swings his chainsword down and active. slicing and ripping through its head, piercing into the brain in say even a second, even two or three seconds. He would more then likely hit the Parietal Lobe which is associated with movement, orientation, recognition, perception of stimuli. in other words, his ability to react has been shut down before he could react to it being torn asunder. and if he could still react without hitting anything having to do with movement, he could be hitting the part of his brain that has to do with orientation. He could swing and miss hard if he tries to hit Nick. now assuming its skin is as hard as space marine armor, as you saw in that video, even if it didn't instantly turn that marine into mush, it still pierced his armor. meaning that Nick might still pierce the skin and get into that highly important lobe to damage it even a bit.)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    (Didn't I already kill the one that lost its armor?

And yes. We DO because I am getting sick of the fighting! My stress levels have skyrocketed a lot the last few days, and at one point... I was pushed so far beyond my own limits I had a nuclear meltdown panic attack! So STOP IT! Fighting doesn't solve ANYTHING!

needed to vent.)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    (I don't want to fight either. And you blew it up, the armored one isn't wearing a coat the skin on its chest mutated and grew harder unlike the other and it resisted the first torpedo launched at it, but its heart was exposed)
    (I don't wanna fight but it feels more like you're holding a grudge than doing this for any sort of story reasons. I'm not gonna sit idly and be your punching bag, because i sure as hell wouldn't do that to any of you unless I talked about it with you first or something)
    (yeah, you REALLY went overboard with how strong those things are - to the point you got alex ordering a full Base Delta Zero against the base as soon as they leave to make sure they can't ever be unleashed on the prime universe)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(They're bosses meant to be strong. They're there to pose a challenge. The terran's can only make a few compared to the vast amount of systems they own. They can't be used to say invade a planet as they can't make enough and with enough big explosions they could be killed but think of it like the tarkin doctrine. If someone saw how terrifying they are they wouldn't dare challenge the rule of the empress for fear of one of the tyrants coming. And they're of no use in a ship battle unless they could board the ship but they aren't that interested in boarding other ships usually. You blow up a ship one of them or any of them are on and theyll die.)

(And I'm not holding a grudge and you didn't talk things out with me before suddenly turning their head to mush Nick. And you aren't the punching bag. You just refuse to compromise.)
    ("you aren't the punching bag. You just refuse to compromise." Right back at you in all honesty. and the fact that I was targeted right off the bat, "Instantly impaled" Despite being ready for any such attack, and the quote "He is the only person who I could possibly hurt with them that wouldn't die or be severely injured for the rest of the fight because he'll survive" does make it sound like I'm the punching bag. I may be Irish, but I refuse to be your O'Brien)
    (*nukes thread*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(hey! alex is waiting)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    (Saturday night, killing stuff with friends)
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
    (Enjoying some coffee while sitting around and wondering how i should paint my new warhammer models. i mean i know What colours I wanna use but more the Technique since I've never painted these before. Also really not sure what to say, I just wanna continue this and see it through to the end)
    (*nukes thread again*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo