test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    (No... I don't think he ever did.
    Anyways... After recent fights... a fleetmate has suggested we have an OVERALL GM type person to settle disputes. Basically... what the overall GM decides... is law.)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (or, you know...just tell people to stop shitting on my characters and there wouldn't BE fights)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,214 Arc User
    (That could work. And its not shitting on your characters shadow. I was just trying to have us face enemies that would change how we approach things instead of having us go bang you're dead we have to work together and plan. You're characters are a lot more reasonable now compared to how they used to be but still every once in a while you toss something out there that ruins any tension.)
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    (again...that's how he developed; you cannot be 400 years old, having visited dozens of worlds and picked up all kinds of magical boons, rituals, powers and other shirt and NOT be powerful...plus, that's how the thread started - at least i don't have a ship the size of rhode island which has thousands of overpowered guns, has a mass-negation field that makes it maneuver like a fighter and can hurl antimatter-fullerene asteroids at near-lightspeed that can shatter planets

also, i was more referring to ROSE, not you)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    (Sorry about that. I tend to blame myself for things because of my personality. Though I would like to point out that Worffan hasn't been here for years.)
    (hallelujah for that...you think my attitude is bad? at least i don't constantly call for genocide against multiple species - fictional or not, that's frakking WRONG)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(Shadow... we're not actually targeting you. West and Nick have been fighting a lot... and last night I actually went nuclear because of being drawn into the middle of it. If this keeps up things are going to fall apart. And like west said, you've toned it down, and have been more willing to work with us. The main idea here is to have someone everyone trusts who can basically say "Ok you guys are fighting. State your case" then come up with something to prevent people from attacking each other.

Now... I'm not going to say we have a final decision until EVERYONE weighs in, which includes Raneson. I'm just floating this idea right now for discussion.)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited February 2019
    (good luck with that...seven hasn't even been logged into steam for almost 3 days...i think he died

then again, i'd been invisible on steam for over two weeks until recently because i was so damn busy with STO, NWO, CO and ESO...so maybe he did the same)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(Yea... I noticed a lack of seven. Still... its up for discussion, and it concerns us all. That's all I wanted to do. Open the discussion on the idea floated by a fleetmate.)
    edited February 2019
    (well, it doesn't help that his last post was only half-answered...i answered my bit shortly before he vanished - the onyx bit was never answered by whoever was supposed to be handling that part - probably nick, since this convoluted time travel nonsense was HIS idea

speaking of nick...west, you have a dead tyrant to deal with - and don't try to tell me nick didn't manage to kill it; a chainsaw to an uncovered head will kill ANYTHING...even alex, unless it's a glancing blow)​​
    Post edited by legendarylycan#5411 on

#LegalizeAwoo

(Yeah that's where the fight is happening. A tyrants skin is definitely harder than metal from where they're from and My argument is it can't possibly be killed by the chainsaw before it can react and throw nick off. Not saying the chainsaw couldn't kill it, definitely it could chew through its skin but what I'm saying is it would take long enough for the tyrant to be able to react and toss him to the side.)
    (...you have no idea what material that blade is made of, if it's monofilament-based or even if it's a vibroweapon - for all anyone knows, it COULD slice through metal like butter

and nick kind of already killed it, so...)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,152 Arc User
    (The teeth on the chainsword are adamantium with a monomolecular edge. I had a brief description of it that I sent to west. Not sure if you wanna see it too. It was pretty detailed)
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    (THAT'S the word i was looking for! i KNEW mono was in it somewhere!)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,900 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    ((i mean just sayin. thats a chaos space marine btw.))

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShorttermPettyHorsechestnutleafminer-max-1mb.gif
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    (So do you want to see the thing I mentioned with the details?)
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    edited February 2019
    (it's gotta be better than my descriptions of things - which mainly consists of giving it a name (and sometimes, i don't even do that for years...see half the personnel i created for the indomitable and elsewhere), then saying what weapons it has in the most general of terms if it's a ship, then extremely vague indications of how destructive said weapon is - except those imperium quantums, which i gave an actual value to...a REAL value, not one of those shirty fake trek ones like 'isoton'...what the fork is an 'isoton' anyway?!)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(I will take that as a yes you want to see it. Just beware it's a more descriptive of its capabilities in casual terms than anything more formal.

I always assume its like a super band saw more than a chainsaw. I imagine its moving at about 10000 RPMs. The blades are adamantium. Two rows of teeth, almost no separation, moving in opposite directions. The mini compact engine would have to produce about 250 horsepower. they are "Promethium Fueled". Promethium being a catchall for all types of Imperium of man super fuels. In the real world we use Promethium for nuclear batteries. Lets assume battery tech continues to evolve at its present rate for the next 10000 years. It has an exhaust, but Id say that's more for clearing the blades of any sinew, metal or bones that get caught in the teeth. It would make for a pretty interesting effect, basically a firehose of blood and gore shooting like a cascade out of the exhaust port.
    Additionally it probably weighs about 50 pounds It would be about as brutal a weapon as you could imagine. It would smash into something like a massive club, then rip apart and cut into whatever it bashes into. Its not meant to just stab or pierce or cut. It is meant to tear chunks off of things. To gouge and shred. It isn't a pretty weapon. It would inspire terror not just with the sound but the effect it would have on a body. Tearing its victim apart as the blades bite into and rip in opposite directions for full effect as the teeth catch. To paint it more visually, imagine two cars with giant hooks attached by chains from their rear. Each car sticks its hook in a carcass and then speeds off in opposite directions. That's what the chainsword wants to do with every intersection of its teeth)
  • sevenofnine13142#0993 sevenofnine13142 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    (Sorry guys. My original account is currently inaccessible. I made this backup one.. Sorry I took so long. Things have been hectic lately.)

Oynx: *Looks around and opens a hatch in the Jefferies tube, looking out to see if anything's beyond it*

---

Prime Raneson: *Sighs, still sitting in her F-45's cockpit* What is taking so long?
    (but battery tech didn't evolve at that much of a pace for Warhammer they've had several dark ages and technological regression.)
    edited February 2019
    ((still anything in warhammer would annihilate anything in star trek warhammer 40k is the ultimate op universe sure they've had technological regression and stagnation but they've had nothing but war for over well....40'000 years the closest trek equivilent of adamantium is maybe nertronium and even then adamantium is still stronger then neutronium. and the chainsword runs off of fuel not batteries.))
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    (One could argue that the period between WWIII and Zefram Cochrane inventing the warp drive was a Dark age for earth in trek. And just because there is a dark age does not mean there would be no technological advancement whatsoever. I would say Genetic engineering (possibly on par with the Dominion or better), weapons tech and power output would be things more advanced considering primaris marines are a thing now, their weapons still able to compete with the Eldar, dark eldar, tau and necrons. And a planet that could compete with coruscant for biggest Ecumenopolis)
  • icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    (actually, Warhammer 40K is just a comic book version of Heiliens universe, Federation tech is so far better. Hell, 40K wakes Dune look like is Disneyland)
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
    (i know almost nothing about W40K so i can't speak for their level of technology compared to star trek...but those ships seriously don't look like they'd be able to survive a quantum torpedo volley - at least, the imperium of man and ork ones don't)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

edited February 2019
    (also, i answered raneson like...four days ago

and what the fork did you do that not only is your account inaccessible, but so is your STEAM account? which, by the way...i'm still waiting for a response to the question i asked there)
    bloodhoof: i got new orders from the imperator - they've found where your friend is being held, but they want us to stay here and continue acting as a distraction; well, he actually wanted us waiting outside the system, but apparently one of your admirals thinks us being too close to the station would raise alarms, despite our ships being under cloak
    ​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(Found a video that may prove interesting. gives a bit of insight into one of their weapons.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnHyEhS1lSM
    (yeah, i saw a clip about that weapon on a different youtube channel devoted to various sci-fi stuff...and a few bits of non-sci-fi, apparently, since W40K is more on the fantasy line, moreso than star wars which is already tipping over the line thanks to the force and jedi/sith...moreso now thanks to all that mystical TRIBBLE in Clone Wars/Rebels

still, i bet a terran marine's hypersonic 8mm projectile has slightly better penetrative power...but penetration is ALL it does - they should take a leaf out of the IoM's book - wonder what a bolter would do to zerg)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(Possibly a lot more damage since they are explosive as well. or maybe not so much. idk. have had little interest in starcraft tbh)
    ((well 40k's tech may not seem as good as others like trek or star wars but its simply yet effective approach works well and makes it one of the strongest sci-fi universes.))
    (
    icerose20 wrote: »
    Liara: But you look like one of the pets a human college of mine had.

Shepard: He also looks like the one who attacked the ambassador, also.

...what the hell kind of pets do humans have in andromeda that look enough like werewolves that liara was able to make a comparison to matt so quickly?)​​

#LegalizeAwoo