test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,150 Arc User
    (Holding off on the Intel for now so there are less things for everyone else to catch up on. Nick is waiting for permission to come aboard so we can start the rescue sooner. And I'm getting close to passing out for the night)

Briana: I suppose it can't be that bad.. let's go!

McManus: Marvelous Alucard, absolutely Marvelous! *applauds Alucard's work* Send word to our ship and have them hunt down the craft that man came from. No one on this planet had any sort of possibility of surviving, so the only logical answer is he came from above.

That cardassian dare call me a Xenophobe? That is not true in the slightest. It is humanity's place above all! But that won't stop us from working with aliens. Last I checked at least 25% of our crew was trill. Correct Alucard? Another 10% Andorian... 5% vulcan.... we have that Orion man still on the roster, correct? *trails off, muttering to himself, rambling on*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (why do i get the feeling that, if onyx fails - which he technically already did - alex is going to need to bring in an even bigger force and every superpowered person still in the milky way to combine their power enough to be able to beat him?)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited February 2019
    (I mean it's not gonna get that out of hand.

Edit: Unless you want it to?)
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    (he was laughing like a saturday morning cartoon villain...he's not going to stop with his milky way - he'll want OURS as well)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    (I mean if that is what you think. *shrug* what you said sounds awesome yet absolutely terrifying at the same time. And it is nowhere what I was thinking. In fact that kinda sounds way cooler than what I was thinking. But I'm gonna try to keep it relatively tame unless others dont care or actively want it. Which I assume they would care. A lot. And they probably don't want... Then again it would be an antagonist meant to be defeated, not stay a persistent force in the thread. So maybe? Not up to me really it seems.)
    (yeah...i already know the responses to that - seven will go for it, everyone else won't, because apparently 'faction-level' play diminishes character development, despite literally every sci-fi series ever that involves factional metabattles managing character development just fine)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    Nyssa: Damn, I forgot to bring my reading glasses. Left them back on the ship, present from Dee to help with reading Alien script.
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
    Briana:*looks at Nyssa* isn't that what Universal translators are for?
    edited February 2019
    (So the federation allows cybernetic implants into everyone to be able to read the dizzing array of Alphabets and writing script? where are you going to have the translation, inside your brain? and the SW Aurebesh is not the Latin Script of the Federation)
    Ancient Griffon insult

(Federation UTs are mainly not implants. They're mainly external ones such as for example, commbadges, and in earlier eras, communicators or dedicated devices for Universal Translation. There are some implants but I doubt they would be very commonplace in the federation. And yes, the pretty sure the translation would be in the user's brain. I'm not sure what you mean with that Latin line though.)
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    (What she means is aurebesh is specifically designed to be as alien as possible.It didn't lead on to the creation of other languages like how latin became spanish, italian, and a few others today. It would be a lot harder to translate for someone who hasn't learned it and a universal translator is built into combadges but its only good for auditory language not written. But I assume like the glasses the federation has some kind of translator for written words.)

*Seventeen gives the order and Nick is given permission to beam over*

(And they're waiting on Radm Rose to join them for now)

Ethrit: Well I'm the native here and it looks like Aurebesh is the same as ever. If you need something read just point me too it. Despite its looks all the words and pronunciation is pretty much the same as your... "English" though we have words you don't.

Veronica: It will all work out hon... I'm sure we'll get Karter and everyone back.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    Nyssa laughs: Ethrit, you need to meet Reigun. Universal Translator is no help with him.

rAdm Rose: Do it!

Frar: Here we go.
    Ancient Griffon insult

(Too tired to even argue.)

Nick: *Beams over, looking around the transporter room, unsure of where to go now* yeaaah... not sure if I just stand here now or what.

Briana: well I mean, I just read the sign for the bar. It says Rancor pit. That's why I'm kinda skeptical about it. Is it just an edgy name or is there a Rancor pit?
    Ethrit: I'm gonna assume they don't. A place this shabby probably can't afford a proper pit to keep a rancor in and they have to be fed a ton of meat every once in a while. Pretty much only crime bosses should be able to have a rancor pit. Its probably just referencing that its a dangerous bar.

Transporter Officer: *A female Suliban* Do you know the way to the conference room? the admiral was just complaining about it being easy to get lost on the ship.
    Nick: no, I dont know the way. It's my first time here.

Briana: Okay, fair point... I hope they have some good drinks there at least...
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,899 Arc User
    jakara: *squints her eyes at the sign* hmm, well it could still be a decent place to find out some things. *starts walking towards the bar.*

alucard: *stands there as McManus drones on, his expression hidden behind his wide brimmed hat and tall collar.*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Nick: If you could show me the way that would be a big help.

Briana: *Follows after Jakara*

McManus: *Stops rambling and looks over to Alucard* What are you waiting for? Carry out my orders! Get our fleet and allies out here! Find that dead cardassian's ship... and while you're at it have them prepare a feast for me and the senior staff. and yes that means you too. You can feast on blood of that dead man's crew.
    Nyssa, enter the bar: So what have we gotten ourselves into?
    Ancient Griffon insult

*the bar is full of people of different species, the middle of the bar seems to be the most popular as some sort of gladiatorial sport is playing on a display around it with multiple mandalorians drunkenly cheering, theres even a few drunk storm troopers with their helmets off sitting at tables.*

jakara: well this is a lively place isnt it.

alucard: *looks up to the sky then disappears into the darkness.*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Briana: I would compare it to Quark's... but Quark's rarely gets like this... *Looks around* I hope we don't have to hear another story about what some people do to nuclear reactors. so, buy me a drink? *Grins at jakara*
    Ethrit: Seems pretty calm from what I was expecting.

Jamie: *following them in* Oh it will be fine sis.

Officer: I can do that. *she nods at the other transporter officer and starts walking along gesturing for Nick to follow*

*Jessica starts hailing Radm Rose*
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Deunan: Please let this work.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    jakara: *chuckles* yeah lets hope not. and this is way busier then ive seen quarks. *checks her pockets.* i dont think energy credits or latinum are any good here...
    Nick: *Follows*

Briana: I got things to trade in my backpack.
    jakara: well lets see what we can trade then.
    Briana: *Whispers to jakara quietly* Well Alex said to replicate valuables... So i replicated some gold and some small gemstones. not sure how much they'll be worth, but it should be enough to eat and drink. *Reaches into her pack and pulls something out at random, keeping it griped in her hand*
    jakara: just be careful, i dont really know the currency system around here.

*a few rowdy and drunk storm troopers start very poorly humming the imperial march with one of them knocking over a waitress who spills the contents of her tray all over the ground.

trooper: hey lady why dont you watch where you're goin huh? *his inebriation evident by the heavy slur in his speech.*

jakara: *grunts as she walks over helping the waitress up.* hey you alright?

waitress: y-yeah ill be ok...thanks. *she looks up at her* you're....not from around here are you?

jakara: errr no im not.
    Karter breaks out of his stupor: Hell, that was a real loop. (Looks at Dee) Have i really been operating for over 4 billion years? I have, and I killed everyone.

RAdm Rose: No, we got them, but they are in the databanks, Reigun was able to work his magic and created a way to use the transporter to save everyone by making them into data. But we need you to help us save them?

Karter: That means you have to do it again, wont you.

RAdm Rose: We knwo the process now, and you and Reigun would have to. I want you to go version of yourself 5 years after you last saw Jack and Amanda.

Karter: Why?

Radm Rose: We cant be precise about when Reigun did his experiment, but looking at the ship, he had to do it some time soon after you all figured out what was not going to happen. I know you did not go crazy till far later. With the recent updrades, you said that you wouldnt have the same problem for at least 100 years as before.

Karter: It will take sometimes to purge it all, do you think it could be worth soemthing if

RAdm Rose: Karter, its not worth your sanity, or ours. Ready, Karter.

Karter: Ready, Boss. See you on the other side. Ready to revert to specified date on command.

Radm Rose: Passcode: To forget past deeds is a gift like no other for the soul.

Karter stops and know the datatransfer rate is 110%.

Frar: Thankfully we allowed this buffer in our calculations, Dee. And its working.

RAdm Rose has some tears down her cheeks as she looks at Veronica: Now its all in his hands. (looks at the commbadge) I so want to put that on the floor and smash it.

Frar: Wont do it, but its a holodeck, so if you wanted to smash it, this is the place.

Nyssa: Okay, Ethrit, where is the ladies room?
    Ancient Griffon insult

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Deunan: *takes a deep breath*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Briana: *walks towards the bar*