test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,149 Arc User
    Briana: I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess since this is a memory, they won't react to us... *watches the scene*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Just like a holodeck with us as observers rather than participants. Gonna be weird seeing myself...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    Rose: More like you know how to break me from my sleep. But I am not like this now. ((If Jess is not around, then Rose was very attentive, but once Jess said she take care of the kids and Rose fell asleep, Rose can be problematic)
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    well, you figured that out a lot faster than harry did during his first experience with a memory *alex replies as he looks over the scene, then outside at the assembled terran/daelaam/tal'darim/zerg fleet (daelaam is the name for the combined protoss tribes and purifiers under artanis, and the tal'darim are a splinter faction of protoss that, until recently, were actually allied with amon and his hybrids) looking closely at one of the terran ships that bears a striking similarity to a klingon bortasqu'* still can't get over the fact that a terran ship from another galaxy manages to so closely share a design with a klingon ship...minotaur class, bristling with ATA and ATS burst lasers, nuclear missile launchers and one cataclysmic yamato cannon - a solid kilometer of unbridled fury *he murmurs, and if briana happens to look out one of the viewports to see one of the terran battlecruisers, she will quickly realize that, despite being a kilometer in length, they look like gnats compared to the ship they're currently aboard, as the terran known as 'jim' speaks up again*

james raynor: so what's goin' on, sarah? what's so urgent you got us all here for? *and for the first time since the group arrived in the memory, future!alex speaks up*

future!alex: yeah, i'd like to know what's so important that you had to call us back tot he place that is devilishly hard to navigate to and almost ended up killing us...of course, the same could be said for most of the worlds in the koprulu sector and beyond *he rumbles, fixing his gaze on kerrigan*

sarah kerrigan: amon lives. his hatred festers in the void, and he already plans to return. *she wastes no time in explaining her reasoning for calling them all here* even now, i hear a voice calling me... *and here, she winces briefly and closes her eyes, as if suffering a sudden sharp headache*

selendis: this may be the great enemy's trickery.

kerrigan: this voice...is not his. there's something else in there. something tormented and desperate, but it's benevolent.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Briana: Uh-huh.... *looks around* so what are they even talking about?...
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    amon, obviously...he's a fallen xel'naga, and the xel'naga are the beings who first seeded life throughout the universe...up until this moment, i thought it was the ancients, AKA the preservers, but these are the beings who created THEM

as to why amon is a fallen xel'naga? basically, the xel'naga reproduce by choosing two of their creations to 'uplift' so to speak, by gifting one race with purity of form, and the other with purity of essence...these races are intended to naturally come together over millions of years and merge into new xel'naga, continuing their infinite cycle of rebirth...well, amon, like every other egotistical megalomaniac, saw the cycle as 'flawed' and thought he could do better and recreate creation in his own image, so he started messing with a group of primal creatures on the core world of zerus that had previously been chosen to host the xel'naga's essence, creating an organism known as the overmind to control the primal zerg there and implanted within the creature a single overriding directive to utterly destroy the protoss, the race that had been blessed by the xel'naga with purity of form, which the overmind couldn't refuse...it developed intelligence and the ability to reason, but it had no free will with which to resist amon's taint

anyway, halfway through his machinations, the other xel'naga slumbering within ulnar - that teardrop-like structure just outside the ship - awoke because of the manipulations, and moved to stop amon...and in retaliation, he unleashed his newly-controlled zerg swarm upon them in the skies above zerus - well, long story short, they succeeded in destroying amon's physical form, banishing his essence to the void, but most of them were killed and consumed by him, his followers, and the swarm under his command; the survivors retreated back to ulnar to slumber once more, where they were murdered by amon's forces millions of years later during the second great war in 2506, give or take a year

amon himself briefly regained a physical body on aiur, the protoss homeworld, shortly thereafter, before it was destroyed by a massive orbital strike from the golden armada, which had just been freed from amon's corrupting influence - see, all protoss are telepathically-linked to each other in a mirror of the zerg - and borg - hive-mind, but unlike those groups, it isn't billions of voices speaking as one - protoss linked to this gestalt, which they call the khala, are still individuals, they just share a psionic bond so long as their nerve cords are intact *he points to both selendis and artanis, to a bundle of black organic cable-like protrusions coming from the backs of their heads, which briana will notice do NOT look intact*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    (*pokes rattler with sausage*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(What?)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    (feel free to add to his explanation at any point...)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Briana: This is.... Something...
    Krystal: Fate of the universe stuff. I remember feeling a little out of place wearing a Starfleet uniform around all this. The Protoss and their gold tech armor, the Terrans and their gear... the Zerg... I was one of the oddballs in this gathering for sure.
    Briana: *looks at her own uniform then around to everyone else* Yeah... I see what you mean...
    edited August 2018
    yeah...anyway, let's let them finish speaking before i continue *he glances over at his future self as kerrigan continues her speech, alex seemingly having paused the memory somehow as she picks up right where she left off when he started his explanation*

kerrigan: amon's strength grows by the moment. he may not return during our lives...but he will return.

artanis: *speaking for the first time, his voice also carries the same echo that selendis' and kerrigan's voices carry, but with a deep male baritone (i hope i'm using that term right)* and what is it you suggest we do, kerrigan? *he asks as a hologram of ulnar suddenly appears on the console next to him, likely triggered by kerrigan's psionic power, everyone's gazes being drawn to it*

kerrigan: there is a gateway to the void within ulnar. i intend to go through and destroy the fallen one, once and for all! *she says with deep conviction and determination within her voice* i need your help

*everyone is silent for a moment, selendis looking to artanis and both him and alex looking to raynor, such is his leadership ability that even the respective leaders of the protoss and imperium both look to him, awaiting his decision*

raynor: *spending several seconds in deep thought, weighing kerrigan's words in his mind before he finally lifts his head and speaks with the same level of determination that kerrigan spoke with seconds ago* sarah's right...we can't kick this can down the road. this burden is ours, like it or not.

artanis: zeratul foresaw that this day would come. you have our blades, kerrigan.

future!alex: and you have the might of the imperium...i will not let this universe be destroyed by some egotistical megalomaniac with delusions of godhood - and i think i'll bring in some extra help as well... *he says, his voice fading as the memory starts to fade and break back down into the silvery substance it was comprised of*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Briana: So onto the next one?
    yes...this is where i came in, along with krystal, matt, rose, jessica and others (who the hell DID come along for this, anyway? it was so long ago, i forgot who was there and who wasn't)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(Same. And without an index we can't reference easily...)

Krystal: I was kinda wondering why I didn't see myself there...
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,212 Arc User
    Jessica: Sure thing hon. *she smiles knowing that Rose can be problematic*

Ellvat: maybe. But what if we weren't brought back to do good? What if we were only brought back to defend the traveler? As tools?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    (i can't even FIND where we started the starcraft stuff...every search term i put in pops up NOTHING from this thread, aside from the stuff i just posted)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Amara: Who knows. But we're still us. Free to make our own choices. We just typically choose what we know. We're the only thing standing between those we swore to protect and vicious enemies like the Fallen, Vex, and Cabal. The Hive... I... I honestly don't know their motivation. They've mostly stayed on the Moon.
    edited August 2018
    (okay, FINALLY found it...on my side, alex, rakesh, shadow (this universe's shadow, not the one married to kayla) and two of my STO characters joined the terran/zerg/protoss fleet, rattler brought krystal and jadzia, rose brought cartwright, RA rose and maybe superhero rose, and west brought jessica, seventeen and possibly veronica...i think that was it

oh, i remember this line: Cartwright: Alexander asked for our help, and we all know how hard it is for him to ask. Varyag is ready

about as hard as it was for kerrigan to ask)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Briana: *waiting*
    Rose: So, did we teach you somethings?

Nyssa: How not to eat in a dress. (She giggles, as many time Rose would at diplomatic or high rank dinners, and make a mess of her shirt or dress.)

Rose: Jamie?
    Ancient Griffon insult

*the silvery neither-liquid-nor-gas substance reforms and they find themselves in a new memory, this one aboard the indomitable with past!alex (so to speak), the ship preparing to enter a giant temporal vortex, the desert sands of nimbus 3 in the background*

alex: anyway, as i was saying earlier about the khala...when amon first breached the barrier separating our universe from the void, he didn't actually have a body yet, so his consciousness infected the khala during the protoss' attempt to reclaim their homeworld from the feral zerg that had infested it for nearly 6 years - ever since the swarm under the overmind invaded aiur during the ending days of the great war - allowing him to corrupt it and bring any protoss connected to it under his total control...including artanis and selendis, though artanis was freed from amon's control by zeratul, one of the nerazim or dark templar, who millennia ago severed their nerve cords because they refused to be part of the khala; thus, they were branded heretics and banished from aiur by the conclave, the ruling body of the protoss - they wandered through space for a long time before they finally settled on a world they named shakuras; it became their permanent homeworld until its destruction in 2506 shortly after the start of the end war

anyway *he says as he realizes he's drifting off-topic again* because the dark templar all severed their nerve cords so long ago, amon couldn't control them, so zeratul was able to free artanis by severing his nerve cords as well, but at the cost of his own life; artanis in turn severed the nerve cords of every protoss he could before he retreated to the last remaining protoss arkship remaining on aiur and retreated from the planet before the corrupted golden armada could destroy the ship​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,212 Arc User
    Jamie: I learned a bit about leadership and controlling my powers.

Ellvat: The cabal aren't that interested in the traveler(gaul hasn't happened for our characters yet) they just want to conquer us. The vex slant to make reality theirs and I guess the traveler could help with that. The fallen want the traveler since it used to be theirs it uplifted them before us. And the hive want to consume its power.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    Briana: *nods, silently taking it all in*
    Krystal: Its so big... it makes ESD look like a shuttle honestly. Only thing that could match it is probably a Voth Fortress.
    Rose: Well, today, you get to learn......Jess, help me here.

Nyssa: Sometimes, I wonder how everyone else survives when you are around, Ma.
    Ancient Griffon insult

edited August 2018
    not quite...the spear of adun is only 70 km in length - a voth fortress is way, WAY bigger

so, to make a long story short, since i have major trouble condensing stories *he says as the indomitable passes through the vortex and the viewscreen is suddenly filled with the brightness of the alterian rift - the same phenomenon at the heart of which lies the megalith of ulnar* artanis traveled through the koprulu sector as well as neighboring sectors gathering allies - including the aforementioned nerazim from shakuras just as amon's hybrids and the zerg under his control were attacking the planet, necessitating the overloading of the xel'naga temple on its surface which led to the planet's destruction i just mentioned - and even managing to turn the tal'darim away from amon's control, until he finally returned to aiur with his new fleet, used a xel'naga artifact known as the keystone to purge amon from the khala just long enough to convince all the protoss that had been under his control to sever their nerve cords, permanently breaking the psionic link between them and rendering them immune to further control, thus allowing the entirety of the protoss, including the purifiers and some tal'darim that had joined the assault, to destroy the rudimentary hybrid body amon had created to be a host for his consciousness, thus banishing him back to the void AGAIN...but not killing him, as kerrigan said, so here we are​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Krystal: My first time commanding a ship like the Exeter. Honestly... I'm not proud of my performance during the final battle. *sighs* Failed miserably.
    hey, future me offered to bring you down to the staging point on that one asteroid...platform...thing so ascended kerrigan could heal you and fix the ship, but noooooo...you wouldn't budge​​

#LegalizeAwoo