test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

KDF Bortas Build Advice Needed

crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
Hello all,

I have been stewing over this for a long time, and I'm about 4 days from finishing the Omega Rep. I'm looking for advice on a space set for my KDF Bortas... as well as any advice you might have for improving on the build.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=crm14916bortas01_5163

Let me know what you think I should choose for the shield/engine/deflector combinations that would best suit the build, and what (if any) chances I could make to improve on her. Everythingy ou see on the build above is already on her, including the 7 Nanite Disruptors, 1 Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo, 4 Spire Tac Consoles (Locators), and the Fleet Enhanced RCS (+AllRes) and Neutronium Alloys (+Turn)... So, basically, I'm just short the S/E/D set...

I'm definitely a F2P player, enjoy the STFs and the PVEs more. I don't ever PVP unless there's a fleetmate that's in need of help...

Thanks in advance for any/all help that you offer!
CM

(p.s. Please don't troll my decision to pick up the 200K FC Fleet Bortas... I get what I can get for free, grinding included, and don't pay for much else... The game is for fun, anyway, right?)
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
Post edited by crm14916 on

Comments

• Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    OK, I see some issues to improve for better overall performance. I'll throw in some questions along the way...

1. I see an aux2bat(just one). Do you have 3 techs? Why are your doffs?

2. No attack patterns. Shooting yourself in the foot here

3. Torpedo on a mostly beam boat, your most damaging arc are when you broadside, your torp won't get a chance to fire this way unless you turn and cut off your aft weapons

4. No kcb/assimilated console

5. I'd run the soloane set. It'll serve you well.

Here's an aux2bat bort that you'll find more vicious

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=singleaux_0

And here's a double aux2bat

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=doubleauxbirt_0

Epte can be swapped for et or epts

Cheers
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dahminus,

Thank you for your response... I'll try to answer some of your questions, as well as update the link to my build...
    dahminus wrote: »
    1. I see an aux2bat(just one). Do you have 3 techs? Why are your doffs?

My doffs, and I knew I should have posted them, are:
    - 1 Projectile Weapons Officer (Very Rare) - Torpedo cooldown reduction
    - 2 Technicians (Rare) - I'm working on the B'Tran Cluster already and will replace these with VR when I can
    - 1 Technician (Uncommon) - Again, ditto above...
    - 1 Warp Core Engineer (Rare) - Emergency Power Buff
    2. No attack patterns. Shooting yourself in the foot here...

I added an Attack Pattern Beta (see the updated link to build), but I'm curious, why would it be a "shot in the foot?"
    3. Torpedo on a mostly beam boat, your most damaging arc are when you broadside, your torp won't get a chance to fire this way unless you turn and cut off your aft weapons...

4. No kcb/assimilated console.

Sorry... My intent for adding the Torp as well as the Hydrodynamics console is threefold: 1) The two piece set increases disruptor dmg by about 7%... Not a lot, but I thought it would be nice. 2) The increase in turn rate fron the console is definitely needed on this hulk of a ship. 3) like all my builds, I will take all the advice I can get, however, I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of the overall dmg for the "fun" aspect and my need to have a torp for the experience...
    5. I'd run the soloane set. It'll serve you well.

Just spent a few hours running the mission 3 times... Got 'em! :) Thank you for the suggestion!

Here's an updated build with the updates and some of the changes...

Again, thanks for your input!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No worries, always glad to help another stoer
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Dahminus,

Thank you for your response... I'll try to answer some of your questions, as well as update the link to my build...

My doffs, and I knew I should have posted them, are:
    - 1 Projectile Weapons Officer (Very Rare) - Torpedo cooldown reduction
    - 2 Technicians (Rare) - I'm working on the B'Tran Cluster already and will replace these with VR when I can
    - 1 Technician (Uncommon) - Again, ditto above...
    - 1 Warp Core Engineer (Rare) - Emergency Power Buff
    1. Good luck with btran...3VRs are pretty excellent
    2. Changing the torp to the turret may serve you better. Frees up a doff slot here.
    3. Warp core engineer is pretty much overkill when using aux2bat

I added an Attack Pattern Beta (see the updated link to build), but I'm curious, why would it be a "shot in the foot?"

If your dps was a person, not using attack pattern is like fighting on one leg

Sorry... My intent for adding the Torp as well as the Hydrodynamics console is threefold: 1) The two piece set increases disruptor dmg by about 7%... Not a lot, but I thought it would be nice. 2) The increase in turn rate fron the console is definitely needed on this hulk of a ship. 3) like all my builds, I will take all the advice I can get, however, I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of the overall dmg for the "fun" aspect and my need to have a torp for the experience...
    1. That 7% is a special boost, it actually gives more damage then a tactical console

2.the hydro console is fine

3. To each their own bro. Having fun should be such a priority that it isn't even on the list

Just spent a few hours running the mission 3 times... Got 'em! :) Thank you for the suggestion!

Hope your enjoying it

Here's an updated build with the updates and some of the changes...

Again, thanks for your input!
    CM

You should really consider double aux2bat

Swap et for epts1, epts2 for aux2bat1 and dem 3 to rsp3.

You'll be quite impressed with the switch

Cheers
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree