test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Warp Core Suggestions?

crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Klingon Discussion
I have the Fleet Bortas (200K FC Version) being flown by an Engineering KDF Captain...

I'm using 7 Mk XII Nanite Disruptor beam arrays and 1 of the 8472 Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo. The ship is built around a single Aux2Bat build with EPtW and EPtS. I'm working on the Omega Rep to earn myself either the KHG, Adapted KHG, or the Omega Space Set (Shield, Engine, and Deflector). However, I am currently using the Obelisk Subspace warp core and have the Solanae Overcharged available. Is there an Elite Fleet warp core that will outdo my current options? Which is it?

Thanks for your opinions!
CM
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
Post edited by crm14916 on

Comments

• Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My preference would be for the [Elite Fleet Reinforced Warp Core Mk XII [Sep] [W->S] [SCap] [AMP] [SST]], the same one I use on my single aux2batt Avenger.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A Fleet Spire core to keep up weapons power (resists weapon drain and recharges the weapon power faster) would be what I'd go with for a beam cruiser. The other mods are your choice, save for [Amp] which is a must-have.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, let me ask a few more intelligent questions...

Would a A -> W modifier work well in an A2B build or would it only succeed kn draining all aux power?
    Does a W -> S actually take 7.5% away from weapons or just add that amount to shields?
    Would a W -> A modifier combined with an EPtW and an A2B continuously cycle power to and from weapons? Wouldn't this essentially keep weapons always at 125%? Seems like a cheat...

I'm hoping some of the more serious players will chime in on these questions...

Thanks!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Well, let me ask a few more intelligent questions...

Would a A -> W modifier work well in an A2B build or would it only succeed kn draining all aux power?
    Does a W -> S actually take 7.5% away from weapons or just add that amount to shields?
    Would a W -> A modifier combined with an EPtW and an A2B continuously cycle power to and from weapons? Wouldn't this essentially keep weapons always at 125%? Seems like a cheat...

I'm hoping some of the more serious players will chime in on these questions...

Thanks!
    CM

To answer the first two: The amount is basically copied, you don't loose that 7.5%, it just gets added to the other power. A->W would be useless after hitting Aux2Bat, as you have almost no power to copy from and therefore gain 0 weapon power whenever Aux2Bat is on. It is live in reacting to power, so if Aux2Bat is down you will gain Weapon power.

I haven't tried Aux2Bat with W->A, I may have to play with that. Aux2Bat factors power levels at initiation, so gaining more Aux after starting it doesn't effect what is in the other systems. A Spire core along with Aux2Bat will keep you 125 W a good portion of the time anyway.
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    for A2B build on JHDC with 2 copies of Aux2Bat, I went for Fleet Sprite core for its weapon drain resist property. AMP is a must have.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]