test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do BoP Hangar Pets Get Flanking Bonus?

gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Was there any mention of this or has anyone noticed if they do or not?
Post edited by gooddaytodie39 on

Comments

• dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No, nothing official as to why but it may be due that they don't know how to code in the ai to take advantage of flanking, would be too powerful(doubt it) or that can't add the flanking bonus at all.
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think people would complain that their BoPs weren't taking advantage of the flanking bonus and demand a better AI. It might just be better to let this one slide.
  • gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    I think people would complain that their BoPs weren't taking advantage of the flanking bonus and demand a better AI. It might just be better to let this one slide.
    I think we can pretty much agree we will let nothing slide on this forum. Nothing. Not even sales or new ships! bwahahaha

Seriously though, I need my BoP pets to be OP as possible and they need the flanking for that.
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Was there any mention of this or has anyone noticed if they do or not?

No, they will not be obtaining a raider flanking bonus. The devs have previously stated that Cruiser commands and the Raider flanking bonus are intended to be player only bonuses not inherited by NPCs. Bird of Prey Hangar pets are most certainly NPCs.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Given they fixed a bug that allowed hangar pets to gain player advantages that they were never meant to get, apx, DOFF boosts and so on, obviously they aren't going to let them have flanking bonus.