test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Typhoon Battleship in Lock Box

stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
I know that some players hate the generic Starfleet Battleship that is often seen when using hologram space skills, and often seen in some of the game's storyline missions.

I would love to see this ship in a Lock Box one day, no, not as the main vessel of attraction, but as a Mirror universe counterpart. It is a nice compliment to an already diverse line up of Federation vessels.

What say you?

Typhoon Battleship Image <-- Click on link
StarTrekIronMan.jpg
Post edited by stark2k on

Comments

• Options
    nakedcrooknakedcrook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sure...

Is it a Federation lockbox? Do KDF players get the Fed Lockbox too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you oppose the Reputation nerf, feel free to use my signature
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The thing is, it'd have to have a serious once-over applied to it before it became available to players.
    The Typhoon was initially meant to be an NPC ship. As such, when examined closely, its visuals simply don't compare to a player ship. It's missing details, the textures are of a lower quality, things like that.
    I'm sure touching it up is well within the skill set of the current ship artists, but the thing is: they don't seem to be in any hurry to do so. In fact, some have even expressed disdain at the ship design in the past (the same opinion has been given to the other Federation NPC ship, the Jupiter class dreadnought).
    Honestly, I don't see either ship being playable any time soon. It just doesn't seem to be a high priority for anyone on the dev team.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why lockbox?

It's an actual part of the Federation's ship lineup so it belongs to C-Store i'd say...
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2014
    ltdata96 wrote: »
    Why lockbox?

It's an actual part of the Federation's ship lineup so it belongs to C-Store i'd say...

No lockbox ..........at least it will have decent stats in a lock box

Add a Kavort and a Dederix as choices for the klinks and rommies

If its for all 3 factions and in a lock box the feds wont get rolled over again like the GalX reboot sham
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

No lockbox ..........at least it will have decent stats in a lock box

Add a Kavort and a Dederix as choices for the klinks and rommies

If its for all 3 factions and in a lock box the feds wont get rolled over again like the GalX reboot sham

Well, the lockbox have been created to give players a way to command their favourite "Alien" ships. I don't see the point of putting main-faction ships in there.

Besides, fleet-level faction ships don't fall behind the LB / Lobi ships stats-wise anymore (at least the more recent ones, say Avenger, Scimitar)
  • Options
    ddemlongddemlong Member Posts: 294
    edited May 2014
    Feds can have the Typhoon, Klingons can have the K'vort. :D
    I use to do 100K DPS, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Your Ramming Speed III deals 242658 (243540) Kinetic Damage (Critical) to you.
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd like to see some new KDF/Romulan/Fed ships in lockboxes-so far the only lockbox to have faction ships in it is the temporal one. Faction lockboxes would be a good way to add ships like the Jupiter/Typhoon or the numerous non-playable Orion/Gorn/Nausicaan ships. It could also be a nice opportunity to add some of the kitbash ships like the Norway or the Nebula variant with the circular mission pod.

Heck even if they did a cross faction lockbox that let Klingons get ahold of fleet excelsior refits or let the federation use fleet b'rel retrofits or let kdf/fed use a fleet d'deridex retro would be infinitely more preferable IMO than another lockbox like the Undine one we just got.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd say put it in the C-Store. When it comes to lock boxes, I am interested in a TOS lock box with a T5 Connie, T5 D7 KDF, and a T5 D7 Romulan. Throw in a MU Defiant, MU Galaxy X, and MU Voyager (Warship Voyager) and I will start throwing money at PWE.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think the best way to do this would be go make the ship available in the next FE, one that let's the player take command of the ship for a part of the mission. Make a typhoon class available to fed players (non-accessible to romulans), and whichever ships are seen around the ROM and kdf areas but not currently available (Klingon version also inaccessible to romulans). Since romulans are getting their own, there's no need for them to have access to the other 2 as well.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is a terrible idea.
    I'd say put it in the C-Store. When it comes to lock boxes, I am interested in a TOS lock box with a T5 Connie, T5 D7 KDF, and a T5 D7 Romulan. Throw in a MU Defiant, MU Galaxy X, and MU Voyager (Warship Voyager) and I will start throwing money at PWE.

Throw in some William Ware Theiss goodness and you have a deal.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    stark2k wrote: »
    I know that some players hate the generic Starfleet Battleship that is often seen when using hologram space skills, and often seen in some of the game's storyline missions.

I would love to see this ship in a Lock Box one day, no, not as the main vessel of attraction, but as a Mirror universe counterpart. It is a nice compliment to an already diverse line up of Federation vessels.

What say you?

Typhoon Battleship Image <-- Click on link

I will be preforming executions of random Deferi tomorrow... you'll be there... right? :mad:
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    damix4damix4 Member Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nakedcrook wrote: »
    Sure...

Is it a Federation lockbox? Do KDF players get the Fed Lockbox too?

Mirror universe ships are in most/all lockboxes.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Faction ships should never be in a lockbox. The lockbox is strictly for ships that makes no sense for us to command while the C-Store is for ships that makes sense for us to command. If Cryptic starts putting faction ships in the lockbox, then I will lose a lot of respect for them.

If Cryptic adds a Typhoon ship, then it should be as some C-Store ship. Only after a few months with the Typhoon being on the C-Store, then Cryptic could add a Mirror Universe version.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just...no.

To the idea of a Typhoon in general, let alone in a lockbox. It's ugly as sin, and why it hasn't been retroactively replaced in the game by one of the much better looking exisiting ships is beyond me.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Just...yes.

To the idea of a Typhoon in general, let alone in a lockbox. It's so epic looking, and why it hasn't been retroactively replaced in the game by one of the much worse looking exisiting ships is easily explained.

Corrected that for you xD
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sorry mate I'm not a fan of this idea. Nothing more to say really.....
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Warship Voyager DOES NOT exist. Not in a mirror universe, nor in prime universe. It's a theory of a civilization 800 years later Voyager came in that system; until a memory backup containing The Doctor program sorted things out. End of the story.

Starfleet never ever heard of it. PERIOD. :mad:
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Just...no.

To the idea of a Typhoon in general, let alone in a lockbox. It's ugly as sin, and why it hasn't been retroactively replaced in the game by one of the much better looking exisiting ships is beyond me.
    I'm going to pretend for your sake that you didn't just say that.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
    And apparently your eyes need checking :rolleyes:

You got to admit, it was pretty good. XD
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Jesus why all people want new content in that box theese days?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Jesus why all people want new content in that box theese days?

Why? Because variety is the SPICE of life. Truth is, if its in a Lock Box as a Mirror universe option, it will not play havoc with the normal Epic Pew Pew Pew ships offered in the Lock Box.

It is optional, not in your face sorta-speak, and if players want to pick up one on the exchange, they may choose so. All Devs have to do is smooth out the textures and give it some details. The work is not that hard and may take up to an hour or so to do so.

People do want the Typhoon class and Jupiter class. I tell you one thing, the Typhoon class is alot prettier than that ugly as sin Avenger Class, now that's an ugly @ss ship if you ask me.

I am willing to pay for the Typhoon class, an extra ship is awesome. Heck they can make a brief one episode mission that can reward you a Captain rank one, with a Fleet variant offered at a Fleet Starbase. I am all game.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes to Typhoon. Realistically I'd probably never fly one myself since I can't stand flying bricks, but if someone else wants to, then let them.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Typhoon and Jupiter both should be retooled and introduced into the game as playable ships.

When they released the Avenger, I don't understand why they didn't just roll that out as the Typhoon replacement, and add on a second skin that resembles something more Typhoon-like. It fulfills the same 'space' in the Federation lineup, IMO.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    C-Store Typhoon, and Lobi-Store Mirror Typhoon.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The Typhoon is an ugly model that at least needs to be scrapped and rebuilt form the ground up. It can follow the same design cues since the idea of the ship's design isn't the worst thing I've ever seen, but the current model is low-quality ugly kitbashed nonsense.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The Typhoon is the STO Party Van. It's raining Quantums and you aren't invited. :D
  • Options
    crusaders4christcrusaders4christ Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I like the ship design, it has lots of potential. The hull and its unique nacelles makes it a winner in my book, so I say a yes to the Typhoon. In regards to the Jupiter, well, um... , if they revamp it it can work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    uss917019uss917019 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OMG no no no no no no dont even mention that idea to cryptic!!!!

We all know that everyone wants it so the Cstore will be for sure there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Fed ships won't come in a lock box unless they are weird exceptions like the Wells Temporal ship. This kind of ship would go in the c-store.

Besides the next lock box is going to be a Borg Lock Box:eek::P
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Fed ships won't come in a lock box unless they are weird exceptions like the Wells Temporal ship. This kind of ship would go in the c-store.

Besides the next lock box is going to be a Borg Lock Box:eek::P

The next lockbox is going to be the Q Lock Box.