test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Laundrylist: Infocards that Don't Match Reality

guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
This is a public resource document for players who want to know how STO actually works and devs who might want to correct something. Feel free to add stuff or correct me if I'm wrong. I may or may not care enough to continue updating this in the future.

Stuff here to be broken into four sets:
Display. This has not been tested, but is deduced from flyover tooltips, character sheets, buff bars, etc.

Experimental. This has been tested and confirmed to the best ability by experimenting. Experimenting usually takes place on a pvp challenge map because people make much more convenient test dummies than NPCs and they can look at their own character sheets and tell you how they change. Consequently it's remotely possible that something might just not work properly for/against players, but I can't recall an instance where this was the case.

Both. Infocard doesn't match reality, but the tooltip or character sheet change it generates does, according to experimental results.

Working. Stuff that I've tested that actually seems to do what it says on the tin. Not an exhaustive list, just stuff that's new to me that I've checked and confirmed.

All things on here to be tested this season, not legacy from previous season tests. My focus is going to be on things that I'm actually curious about, so mostly new things whose function (or not) is unknown to me.

Abbreviations: Does What It Says. DWIS.

If any devs happen to confirm any of this stuff I'll highlight it yellow. If any of it happens to get fixed I'll highlight it blue.

============================================

Display
    Stealth Detection Rating is stuck at 0.0 on your character sheet regardless of Traits and buffs. However, this is just a display bug, I tested it and stealth detection is working correctly... it just doesn't display on your sheet.
    Tricorder Scan
    Target Optics
    Acute Senses
    Telepathic

Scientific Aptitude still lists +Magnitude} Knock Resistance {Durration} instead of actual numbers.

[Mental Acuity] appears to be buffing the damage resistance granted by Medical Tricorder. Additional testing required.

Experimental.
      Covert's +20 damage to flanked targets appears to be more like +5% (in line with damage increase from such abilities as Soldier).

Field Researcher's appears to be nonfunctional. Further testing required to be 100% sure that it's nonfunctional for exploit damage, but initial tests suggest that that is nonfunctional, too. The damage increase appears to be more like +5% (in line with damage increase from such abilities as Soldier), when used on debuffed targets.

[PsiBuff] appears to trigger 100% of the time, not 30%. Only tested on Sci.

[PsiDoT] appears to proc 30% of the damage ticks on the DoT, not the 30% of the time on the DoT itself. minor issue, mostly functional. [PsiDoT] Procs on [Psionic Assault] but the infocard doesn't say it should.

Both
        [Creative] works haphazardly. Here's a list of pre-s9 powers that work and don't.
        https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tbKhEiaGuI3Snon9exa_LTGwF_fQDy9CvpQ7rNgd5Ok/edit#gid=0
        Dr. Sibak (Clone) does not affect the cooldown on Undine Psionic kit modules.

Working
          Biochemists DWIS. It took a year, but it's finally true!

Sure Footed's crouch and aim invulnerabilities appear to be working correctly. Awesome trait, everybody should take it any time they're doing ground combat. Haven't tested the other parts of the trait.

Regenerative Tissue DWIS.

Mental Acuity DWIS.

Indomitable DWIS.

Deadly Aim DWIS.

Soldier DWIS, but the crit severity is applied only to the ranged weapon, not to your character sheet (and hence not to kit powers, melee, etc.

[Psionic Assault] DWIS after 5/8/14 update.

Voth Antiproton Weapon Proc DWIS.
          Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
            majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
            edited May 2014
            guriphu wrote: »

Soldier's bonus to Critical Severity does not apply to character sheet and is presumed nonfunctional.

Covert's +20 damage to flanked targets appears to be more like +2.

Field Researcher's +25 damage to debuffed targets appears to be more like +2.

Soldier is applying the +10% Critical Severity bonus to just energy weapons. Take any common weapon and slot it while using soldier. Mouse over the tooltip for that specific weapon and you will see the +10% Critical Severity bonus. Covert shouldn't be buffing flank damage at all. If you found a tooltip saying it is; then it is wrong because that was a proposed and rejected LoR change. Field Researcher is at the very least working in the form of exploit damage. The trait increases exploit damage by 25% when slotted.
            --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
            --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
            Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
          • Options
            edited May 2014
            Soldier confirmed and removed.

Covert: http://snag.gy/92lgm.jpg

Additional testing of Field Researcher suggests that my initial conclusion is correct for Exploit attacks as well as regular attacks. Exhaustive testing with computer-parsed results would be necessary to know exactly what's going on, and I don't care enough to do it.
          • Options
            edited May 2014
            As of 5/8/14 update, Psionic Assault DWIS.
            Added Voth Antiproton Proc, which also DWIS.
            Added what appears to be an error with Mental Acuity.
            Added an error with Creative.
          • Options
            breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
            edited May 2014
            Ahem... all of the Undine Lock Box kit modules that claim to be Psionic. Dr. Sibak (clone) does not affect them. I asked elsewhere on the Forums, then also came across one of the modules later and tested it myself...

The cooldown is entirely unaffected, therefore they are either not Psionic powers or Dr. Sibak (clone) does not reduce the cooldown of all Psionic powers. In any case, the infocards for one or the other do not match reality. Given that Friday the 13th is coming next month, I felt the need to check.
            Ym9x9Ji.png
            meimeitoo wrote: »
            I do not like Geko ether.
            iconians wrote: »
            With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
          • Options
            edited May 2014
            Thanks. I'll check that to the extent I'm able, and add it to my list if my results match yours.

EDIT: added