test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Traits

jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
Romulans get 9 traits

Humans get 8 traits

Cryptic isnt this backwards ?

Giving the strongest faction in the game Moar power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Romulans alreasy get 5 SRO's thats 7.5% more crit chance

Singularity cores with all the benifits of Fed and klingon cores plus the 5 extra powers

Double Free duty officers......and a higher chance to crit on those officers as well

The strongest highest DPS ships in the game

The broke valdore console you wont fix ......60k dps scimitars

And now 9 traits ?

klingon and feds should get 12 traits and even that wouldnt begin to balence the factions

I have 6 romulan characters .......For pete's sake
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Post edited by jellico1 on

Comments

• assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »
    Romulans get 9 traits

Humans get 8 traits

No way to check because of no human chars but

Singularity cores with all the benifits of Fed and klingon cores plus the 5 extra powers

You do realize, that singularity cores provide 40 power less than matter/antimatter-warpcores, right? Heck, my set choices as a Romulan are 90% about countering my abysmal power levels.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2014
    aux to batt.......................plasmonic leach.........maco shield

more power than you can use...i run max power on wepons shields and engines on ll 6 of my romulans

• erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    aux to batt.......................plasmonic leach.........maco shield

more power than you can use...i run max power on wepons shields and engines on ll 6 of my romulans
    You said more power than the other, and yet you use powers to accomplish that. Explain your magic to me.

I would gladly trade my singularity core for an AM core, anytime. More bonus, no gimmick powers, and no penalty whatsoever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Humans and Romulans both have 8 traits. Only aliens get 9.

plasmonic leach and maco shield don't stack so don't use both together.
    edited April 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    You said more power than the other, and yet you use powers to accomplish that. Explain your magic to me.

I would gladly trade my singularity core for an AM core, anytime. More bonus, no gimmick powers, and no penalty whatsoever.

Space Lawer ?

More powerful....more DPS

Go to the spire check out the elite singularity cores ....best of the best...look at the bottom of the list

edited April 2014
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    Humans and Romulans both have 8 traits. Only aliens get 9.

plasmonic leach and maco shield don't stack so don't use both together.

OMG what gives......................just checked 3 of my rommies and they have 8 now

Something is amiss............perhaps seeing another characters traits in the lag and server not responding pain i am going thru ?

Got to retract my statement about the 9 romulan traits mine are showing up as 8 now

apologizies

• erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Space Lawer ?

More powerful....more DPS

Go to the spire check out the elite singularity cores ....best of the best...look at the bottom of the list
    They are exactly the same.
    +10% increse to base resistance rate of all power levels
    +66% increase to base regeneration rate of all power levels

+3.3% all damage for each subsystem with 75 or more power

Then, the singularity core have a bonus to one of the singularity power, and AM core have a 7.5% of one of the power level added to another one as bonus power.

Pretty much the same. Except 75 power level is easier to have with an AM core over singularity core, because there is no penalty. Also, the 7.5% bonus helps.

So yeah, I still think AM>singularity core.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited April 2014

OMG what gives......................just checked 3 of my rommies and they have 8 now

Something is amiss............perhaps seeing another characters traits in the lag and server not responding pain i am going thru ?

Got to retract my statement about the 9 romulan traits mine are showing up as 8 now

apologizies

If it was the first time since S9 that you used those toons and/or you never went to a different zone, weird things can happen like my Reman toon having 3 Operative traits. Once I zoned to a ground map it fixed it.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Gets into the discussion of the various Species Traits. Some have one, some have two, some have two halves, some have a Superior one, etc, etc, etc...and the Alien having the option to select nearly whatever outside of Career/Species restricted Traits.

And whether the Species Traits are balanced, eh?