test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borg not Adapting to Adapted Honor Guard rifle

ironphoenix113ironphoenix113 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Borg NPC's are failing to get the "They've Adapted!" resistance bonus when using the Adapted Honor Guard Disruptor Battle Rifle Mk XII, resulting in the weapon dealing full damage regardless of whether or not Adapted debuff has been applied for the Disruptor energy type. Combat long does indicate that the weapon is dealing disruptor damage, and the necessary debuff is present.

Combat log transcript:

[Combat (Self)] Your Pulsewave Setting deals 1 (1) Disruptor Damage to Drone.

[Combat (Self)] Your Chaotic Particle Stream deals 15 Kinetic Damage to Drone.

[Combat (Self)] Your Pulsewave Setting deals 1 (1) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Drone.

[Combat (Other)] Elite Tactical Drone gives 0 Plasma Damage to Romulan Scientist with Borg Shield Neutralizer.

[Combat (Other)] Elite Tactical Drone gives 0 Plasma Damage to Romulan Scientist with Borg Shield Neutralizer.

[Combat (Other)] Commander Taelus deals 74 (56) Disruptor Damage to Drone with Disruptor.

[Combat (Other)] Romulan Scientist deals 1 (1) Disruptor Damage to Drone with Romulan Disruptor Rifle.

[Combat (Other)] Romulan Scientist's Romulan Disruptor Rifle gives 1 (1) to Tactical Drone's Shields.

[Combat (Other)] Romulan Scientist deals 1 (1) Disruptor Damage to Tactical Drone with Romulan Disruptor Rifle.

[Combat (Other)] Romulan Scientist's Romulan Disruptor Rifle gives 1 to Elite Tactical Drone's Shields.

[Combat (Other)] Romulan Scientist deals 1 (1) Disruptor Damage to Elite Tactical Drone with Romulan Disruptor Rifle.

[Combat (Other)] Commander Taelus deals 54 Disruptor Damage to Drone with Disruptor.

[System] Time Paused.

[System] Slef@CaptJamesTKirk has acquired an Undine Nicor Warship!

[System] Time Unpaused.

[Combat (Other)] Commander Taelus deals 60 Disruptor Damage to Drone with Disruptor.

[Combat (Other)] Tactical Drone gives 0 Plasma Damage to Commander Taelus with Forced Plasma Bolt.

[Combat (Other)] Commander Taelus deals 60 Disruptor Damage to Drone with Disruptor.

[Combat (Other)] Tactical Drone gives 0 Plasma Damage to Romulan Scientist with Forced Plasma Bolt.

[System] Time Paused.

[System] Time Unpaused.

[Combat (Self)] Your Beam Setting deals 79 Disruptor Damage to Drone.

The relevant text has been highlighted in red. Please note that I did NOT remodulate my weapons after firing my pulsewave rifle and prior to firing my sniper rifle.

Player equipment:

Kit:
[Tactical Kit - Fire Team Mk IV]

Armor:
[Klingon Honor Guard Armor Mk XII]

PSG:
[Klingon Honor Guard Personal Shield Mk XII]

Weapons:
[Adapted K.H.G. Disruptor Battle Rifle Mk XII]
[Klingon Honor Guard Pulsewave Rifle Mk XII]

Devices:
[Personal Combat Module - Shields and Weapons Booster] x10
[Personal Combat Module - Health and Weapons Booster] x5
[Frequency Remodulator] x1
[Personal Combat Module - Health and Shields Booster] x5
Vice Admiral Bryan Mitchel Valot
Commanding officer: Odyssey class U.S.S. Athena
Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet
Post edited by ironphoenix113 on

Comments

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    *SLAP* Bad OP.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • ironphoenix113ironphoenix113 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    *SLAP* Bad OP.

What? It's a legitimate bug!
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014

Double slap! Like I alway do in these situations, I giveth you the secretdragon award (Created by me on 6/18/2013).
    edited April 2014
    Seriously! You people complain when stuff doesn't get fixed, and you complain when someone offers something to get fixed! Make up your minds people! :P
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014

No, actually, it's not. The Omega Rep weapons are supposed to be hard to adapt to per flavor text. Cryptic has finally gotten it to where they actually are. However my boffs, who use a hodge-podge of gear, still have to refrequence frequently.

Not a bug. Working as intended at long last.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Borg NPC's are failing to get the "They've Adapted!" resistance bonus when using the Adapted Honor Guard Disruptor Battle Rifle Mk XII, resulting in the weapon dealing full damage regardless of whether or not Adapted debuff has been applied for the Disruptor energy type. Combat long does indicate that the weapon is dealing disruptor damage, and the necessary debuff is present.

Combat log transcript:

[Combat (Self)] Your Pulsewave Setting deals 1 (1) Disruptor Damage to Drone.

[Combat (Self)] Your Pulsewave Setting deals 1 (1) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Drone.

[Combat (Other)] Commander Taelus deals 74 (56) Disruptor Damage to Drone with Disruptor.

[Combat (Other)] Romulan Scientist deals 1 (1) Disruptor Damage to Drone with Romulan Disruptor Rifle.

[Combat (Other)] Romulan Scientist's Romulan Disruptor Rifle gives 1 (1) to Tactical Drone's Shields.

[Combat (Other)] Romulan Scientist deals 1 (1) Disruptor Damage to Tactical Drone with Romulan Disruptor Rifle.

[Combat (Other)] Romulan Scientist's Romulan Disruptor Rifle gives 1 to Elite Tactical Drone's Shields.

[Combat (Other)] Romulan Scientist deals 1 (1) Disruptor Damage to Elite Tactical Drone with Romulan Disruptor Rifle.

[Combat (Other)] Commander Taelus deals 54 Disruptor Damage to Drone with Disruptor.

[System] Time Paused.

[System] Slef@CaptJamesTKirk has acquired an Undine Nicor Warship!

[System] Time Unpaused.

[Combat (Other)] Tactical Drone gives 0 Plasma Damage to Commander Taelus with Forced Plasma Bolt.

[Combat (Other)] Tactical Drone gives 0 Plasma Damage to Romulan Scientist with Forced Plasma Bolt.

[System] Time Paused.

[System] Time Unpaused.

The relevant text has been highlighted in red. Please note that I did NOT remodulate my weapons after firing my pulsewave rifle and prior to firing my sniper rifle.

Player equipment:

Kit:
    [Tactical Kit - Fire Team Mk IV]

Armor:
    [Klingon Honor Guard Armor Mk XII]

PSG:
    [Klingon Honor Guard Personal Shield Mk XII]

Weapons:
    [Adapted K.H.G. Disruptor Battle Rifle Mk XII]
    [Klingon Honor Guard Pulsewave Rifle Mk XII]

Devices:
    [Personal Combat Module - Shields and Weapons Booster] x10
    [Personal Combat Module - Health and Weapons Booster] x5
    [Frequency Remodulator] x1
    [Personal Combat Module - Health and Shields Booster] x5

All I see is you doing 1 disruptor damage, and 15 kinetic damage which is normal for an Omega rep weapon which needs be re-frequenced.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited April 2014
    All I see is you doing 1 disruptor damage, and 15 kinetic damage which is normal for an Omega rep weapon which needs be re-frequenced.

If you look further down you'll see

Which was from the Adapted K.H.G. rifle. note that it states that both dealt disruptor damage and that the beam setting dealt normal damage while the pulsewave dealt adapted. And, as I said, I had not remodulated my weapons in between firing the pulsewave and battle rifle.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you look further down you'll see

Which was from the Adapted K.H.G. rifle. note that it states that both dealt disruptor damage and that the beam setting dealt normal damage while the pulsewave dealt adapted. And, as I said, I had not remodulated my weapons in between firing the pulsewave and battle rifle.

To me that is how it should be, as two different weapons should operate on a differing wavelength and/or frequency, it should not be determined solely on the energy type, but this game has bugs galore, so oh well.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!