test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hair color changes

frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
The hair colors were made lighter to allow for whiter hair, as stated in the patch notes for Season 9 on April 22, 2014.
It is now possible to get much whiter hair for most hairdos but is limited by species color options.

In a recent Tribble thread, crypticjoejing said that there would be another hair color update, because someone pointed out that black hair wasn't really black anymore. I don't know if this update has made to Holodeck yet. For blonde and brown hair, I don't see much difference between the screenshots I took on Tribble before Season 9 and those I took on Holodeck after Season 9.

Below are screenshots I took on Holodeck before and after Season 9. Certain hair colors, particularly blonde and brown, look noticeably lighter. Also, the hair seems shinier than before. I don't know whether the increased shininess is deliberate or a side effect of the lighting differences I'm seeing throughout the game. Note that I have not changed the setting on the "Shininess" slider.

Human female (blonde hair)
Before Season 9, After Season 9

Human female (brown hair)
(Also note that the hairline on female hairstyle "Ponytail 04" has receded, making the bangs look misplaced.)

Vulcan female (red hair)

Alien female (purple hair)

Human male (brown hair)
Waiting for a programmer ...
qVpg1km.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It does look like a lighting problem, not a hair color problem.

You can notice the costume in the screenshots being brighter as well as the hair.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tk79 wrote: »
    It does look like a lighting problem, not a hair color problem.

You can notice the costume in the screenshots being brighter as well as the hair.

Please note that there are two separate issues. The hair colors were made lighter; this has been acknowledged by Cryptic. The lighting issues are another matter, though they may have an effect on the appearance of hair.
    qVpg1km.png
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Does anyone know if the hair color updates mentioned by crypticjoejing actually made it to Holodeck? I suspect they haven't, because when I visited Admiral T'nae at Starbase 39-Sierra this weekend, her hair looked grayish.
    qVpg1km.png
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm not sure. I will have to check ingame.