test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

...so, where's the beef?

gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Reputation System
Okay, so I've played STO since Season 9 dropped. I've teetered over into the Undine Battlezone for a bit so I can get my Undine Reputation started, played the new mission, started my Omega rep for my Sci Gorn, then went back to see how much those evil devils at Cryptic took away of my precious DPS! My precious ~4K DPS!

So, I took a gander, poked around and to my surprise... I honestly didn't see any real change. Maybe it's because I use Phasers instead of all the cool stuff like Antiproton and the like or maybe it's because I don't have an optimum build, but I just didn't see any big changes at all. I might have lost, at the least, 10% and that was just testing from my Fleet Support Cruiser and I'm convinced that that was just because I swapped out a Phaser boosting device in favor of the new boosting device from the new mission. However, I did come out stronger when I placed the new device from the mission onto my Gal-X and I saw a good 10-15% boost. I'm gonna hafta swap out Quantum Torps for Photon Torps as the new device does jack for Quants.

So... what's the big deal with the Rep Trait changes? Maybe I've missed something along the way or maybe I haven't set things up right so I'm not seeing what everyone's needing a time-out over...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'll be honest, at 4k dps, you aren't really even in the ballpark to see any sort of loss here. Those that have spent considerable resources and time to make their builds do 15k+ dps, then you see the drop off. And that's where people are having a problem.

Again, these changes tend to negatively effect long time players, and help new players. I see good and bad in the changes, but I think the rep revamp is generally an improvement.

But if I had a super A2B cruiser with Marion, I'd probably be irritated too.

Edit: I have been seeing a lot of 5 or less post people posting to the forums complaining about this, so maybe if they do enough complaint threads they'll give us a couple more slots.
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Okay, so I've played STO since Season 9 dropped. I've teetered over into the Undine Battlezone for a bit so I can get my Undine Reputation started, played the new mission, started my Omega rep for my Sci Gorn, then went back to see how much those evil devils at Cryptic took away of my precious DPS! My precious ~4K DPS!

So, I took a gander, poked around and to my surprise... I honestly didn't see any real change. Maybe it's because I use Phasers instead of all the cool stuff like Antiproton and the like or maybe it's because I don't have an optimum build, but I just didn't see any big changes at all. I might have lost, at the least, 10% and that was just testing from my Fleet Support Cruiser and I'm convinced that that was just because I swapped out a Phaser boosting device in favor of the new boosting device from the new mission. However, I did come out stronger when I placed the new device from the mission onto my Gal-X and I saw a good 10-15% boost. I'm gonna hafta swap out Quantum Torps for Photon Torps as the new device does jack for Quants.

So... what's the big deal with the Rep Trait changes? Maybe I've missed something along the way or maybe I haven't set things up right so I'm not seeing what everyone's needing a time-out over...

4k DPS? Really. The base to start should be 12k DPS. I do 12k to 20k dps.