test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A little underwhelmed

norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
I did not play a lot, so this is just a "bad first impressions" thread but...

I log in and my ship gear is randomly scattered. Some ships were fine, others had most of the gear stripped off. And in one amusing case my ship had a mine launcher (cloaked tractor) in its shield slot, the shield in a weapon slot, and half the gear stripped off. Since loadouts have been hit & miss, several of mine were not up to date so for most of my characters I had to use my loadout to re-equip and then find any recent changes and manually apply those (remembered to save this time).

After that annoyance, I do my character traits and while the new system is kinda cool, it turns out you can equip EVERY SINGLE space trait and STILL have one empty slot for another. So any dreams of custom space and swap out for ground is dashed --- given that many of the space traits do not do much (micro amounts of hull repair comes to mind) I ended up almost exactly as before. I guess I can do a little more on the ground, but I think we need more traits for both ground and space to really make use of this new system. Otherwise, the change was mostly pointless --- there isn't anything to customize!

As for the content, I only had time to do 2 things really.. First I did a new PVE STF. It was fun but a little odd -- lanes to clear but they meant nothing we had to clear all 3 lanes so why have them at all? I spent about 85% of my time being pulled around by the spammed gravity well thingys of the udine, which was more annoying than fun after a few min. The goals were unclear, I was trying to shoot down asteroids but they are hard to find. Trying to close rifts but this time "close rifts" turned out to mean "wait for some magical moment when you can shoot at it" instead of "fly close and close it like last time". And the boss was just confusing... either it was a big pi

Comments

• shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There are other traits in lockboxes and on the exchange. The ground ones were (were: now you can retrait for free I can the price going up) quite cheap last I looked.

I've more space traits than I can slot.
    giphy.gif