test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What did you get in YOUR Lockbox?

gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
I remember someone mentioning about this in one of the threads so, how about it? The new season's here, let's revel in the awesome!

I decided to treat my Sci Gorn to the boxes to get him started. I got:

2 Preferred Dilithium Mining Claim boxes
Biotech Patch Space Trait
6 Fluidic Antiproton Weaponry Boxes
4 Reinforcements Duty Mini-Packs
A 500 Reputation Mark Bonus Pool
2 Fluidic Modules
The Mirror Somraw
And a Fluidic Kit

Oh, and 91 Lobi, which'll go into my stockpile over with my Feddie.

How about you guys?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have yet to spend money on lockboxes...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Are we referring to just the Undine lockboxes or lockboxes in general?
  • Options
    shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A pair of Nicor's and a bra :)

Kidding, obviously. Don't get to pay until thursday, at my 'rents in France and don't think they'd appreciate me installing on their PC. They don't mind me fixing it however......
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I got a Rock
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nada, I don't buy keys anymore.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Are we referring to just the Undine lockboxes or lockboxes in general?

Either or. I was doing just Undine since it was the new shiny
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    anazonda wrote: »

Then why post?

If someone asked for help with a mission you wouldn't post "I've yet to play it" and then leave would you?
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    walshicus wrote: »
    Then why post?

If someone asked for help with a mission you wouldn't post "I've yet to play it" and then leave would you?

Well I would think that would be rather obvious if one read the title and the OP.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Either or. I was doing just Undine since it was the new shiny

I haven't gotten anything from the new boxes yet. But I have gotten a Ferengi Ship, and a Timeship.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    anazonda wrote: »

You do realize you actually dont need real money to buy lockboxes, right?
  • Options
    midntwolfmidntwolf Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I love the idea behind lockboxes but hate the obscene cost to reward ratio.

Lockboxes should be revamped quite a bit. They should either:

A) only cost like 25 cent for a key

Or

B) be a super rare drop in game that is guaranteed to award a very sweet prize (maybe even adjust the key prices to 500 zen but your 100% guaranteed to get the ship reward and a bunch of other stuff.)

This lottery thing sucks. I spent $10 on keys the other day to open 10 boxes and count myself fairly lucky because even though I didn't get a ship, I still got about 55 million EC worth of stuff out of them. The problem is it was one rare drop that was the difference between spending $10 for 55 million EC and spending $10 for 7 million EC. One is almost worth the cost, the other would have been a complete waste of money.

Also yeah you can get keys and never spend a dime but at 2.3 million EC or around 24k dil a key, your not going to getting many keys without spending real money, especially when you consider the EC/DIL costs of most things in the game.

Note: yeah if you have played this game for years, you probably have millions of EC sitting around. For a new player however, most of this sort of spending is out of reach.
  • Options
    shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    midntwolf wrote: »
    I love the idea behind lockboxes but hate the obscene cost to reward ratio.

Lockboxes should be revamped quite a bit. They should either:

A) only cost like 25 cent for a key

Or

B) be a super rare drop in game that is guaranteed to award a very sweet prize (maybe even adjust the key prices to 500 zen but your 100% guaranteed to get the ship reward and a bunch of other stuff.)

This lottery thing sucks. I spent $10 on keys the other day to open 10 boxes and count myself fairly lucky because even though I didn't get a ship, I still got about 55 million EC worth of stuff out of them. The problem is it was one rare drop that was the difference between spending $10 for 55 million EC and spending $10 for 7 million EC. One is almost worth the cost, the other would have been a complete waste of money.

Also yeah you can get keys and never spend a dime but at 2.3 million EC or around 24k dil a key, your not going to getting many keys without spending real money, especially when you consider the EC/DIL costs of most things in the game.

Note: yeah if you have played this game for years, you probably have millions of EC sitting around. For a new player however, most of this sort of spending is out of reach.

I kind of thought that until someone pointed out: you open the lockboxes for the guaranteed rewards therein. If you're lucky, you get a bonus.

If you're opening X lockboxes for the bonus reward, then that's your choice.

I personally agree with that description.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    You do realize you actually dont need real money to buy lockboxes, right?

You are right of cause.

Correction: No money has been spend on getting keys on my account... Not mine, not anyone elses.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have not opened any lock boxes.

However, I am collecting key off of the Exchange from time to time. Merely another thing to toss into my inventory bank.
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    3 boxes
    6 VIP Mining Claims
    10k CXP
    15 Lobi (only reason I popped the boxes)
    TRIBBLE DOFF Pack (it's what I call it)
  • Options
    ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    30 boxes
    nothing special.
    about 130 lobi (same as virusdancer, need lobi for predator :)), couple of traits, 2 weapons, 2 kit modules, 3 mirror ships, and rest of the garbage :P
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • Options
    sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nothing because I quit falling for this scam back in 2012 unless I specifically needed Lobi which I'm happy to report is never.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nothing because I quit falling for this scam back in 2012 unless I specifically needed Lobi which I'm happy to report is never.

Agreed. The chances of getting a lock box ship to drop are so ridiculously low that these boxes are borderline scams. Yes, scams, because the odds of the special ships dropping are never posted by Cryptic.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    midntwolfmidntwolf Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Agreed. The chances of getting a lock box ship to drop are so ridiculously low that these boxes are borderline scams. Yes, scams, because the odds of the special ships dropping are never posted by Cryptic.

Looks to be around 1 ship every 250 lockboxes from what I have read. Also another thing to consider is that based on that video of the guy opening 300 lockboxes on youtube, you can roughly expect to earn around 300-400 million EC worth of stuff out of 300 boxes.

He managed:

1 lockbox ship
    13 mirror ships
    9 random genetic resequencers
    9 universal consoles
    11 purple Special Equipment pack modules
    60 blue Special Equipment pack modules
    29 Reinforcement Duty Officer Packs
    68 Reinforcement Duty Officer mini packs
    39 special equipment kits
    4 25k flleet credit bonuses
    15 5k fleet credit bonuses
    1 100 Fleet Mark bonus
    5 10k CXP Bonuses
    8 2k CXP Bonuses
    2 500 reputation mark bonuses
    13 100 reputation bonuses
    8 VIP dilithium mining claims
    5 Perfered dilithium mining claims
    1832 Lobi

Figure the lockbox ship plus 2 lobi ships you can buy with the lobi are worth 100 million EC each alone for 300 million right now. Then add in all the rest including the left over 232 lobi and that is at least 50-100 million more depending on the rarity of the consoles, Special Equipment Packs and genetic resequencers, plus other odds and ends.

Now I am not sure all that is worth $300+ dollars worth of zen or even 700 million EC to buy all those keys but if I would think if you have the extra dil or EC laying around collecting dust, it might actually be worth the investment to grab a few keys off the Exchange her and there.