test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RE: General Season 9 Feedback Thread

Comments

• talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All I got out of that long drivel was "PWE took away my toys and I can't have fun my way! I am going to attempt to rile up everybody else like many others have done so I can have my toys back! Or I'm going to stamp my feelt and cry like a small child!"

Seriously grow up. My god they now force you to choose which abilities to have on. You actually have to put some forethought into how you want to do business. Which makes it more critical to how you build your charactres and guess what! YOU CAN CHANGE IT ON THE FLY!!

My god much to do about nothing and foricing players to make more tactical and strategic choices. And ofcourse people whine about it because it's no grind everything tailor 1 maybe 2 builds and rule them all.

Seriously grow up.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • leescottyleescotty Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok i can offically say great job cryptic you gave me the final reason to never visit the Dyson Sphere ever again.

I used to run the daily Allied Zone Joint Command on all my toons as it was a nice way to earn 820 Dil plus 20 Dyson Sphere Marks just by running a rep project that lasted 20 hours but oh no you couldn't leave that alone could you and sneaked in a dil nerf with the removal of the commendation reward which i was aware of but now you have to hand over 50 dyson sphere marks on the same 20 hour cd but at a LOWER 500 dil and zero marks.

Now to add more insult you can trade in your extra commendations you might have left over for a fantastic reward of 45 marks, so you don't even get enough marks to run the new dil project which i won't be running anymore anyways as its now 320dil less in S9 and no extra sphere marks.

So a great big thumbs up for sneaking that one in and its only day 1 so i'm sure there will be plenty more issues

Every new season you feel the need to just nerf us players more and more and to think i was stupid enough to buy a lifetime membership to a game that keeps on insulting us
  • embrosilembrosil Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I must say I also do not agree with this change. It was quite a surprise to me that all my characters were this nerfed. I now say to myself why have I done all the grind to get all reputations to tier V? And most importantly, why should I do the same with the Undine one now?
  • artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Do you know how bad this nerf was? Instead of mega-awesome-uber OP I am now just regular OP, what a slap in the face!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    embrosil wrote: »
    I must say I also do not agree with this change. It was quite a surprise to me that all my characters were this nerfed. I now say to myself why have I done all the grind to get all reputations to tier V? And most importantly, why should I do the same with the Undine one now?
    Because you want the gear or the new passives interest you. Or just because you want to. If none or those are true, the feel free not to do it.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I find that extremely funny.....

Someone complains (legibly or not) and the response is:

"You are a child because you can't play the game the way you want. I am a grown up, because I can play the way I want and this is the only right way".
    Thats sums up the response fairly well.

My worry right now is more of another one... I mean I knew some dillithium nerd was incoming but...
    Just did an STF and didn't get any dillithium out of it any more. Is that intended? Is marks exchange now the only way to get dil? THAT is a real nerf.
  • kargisterkargister Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm with the OP on this one. I suspected it would be like this from the previews we had and it played out the way I feared it would. So, much like the poster above me so "wisely" suggests, I'll just feel free not to do it. That's a great way to get business.

This idiocy has left zero endgame.
    edited April 2014
    /snip

Sorry didn't want to quote all of that, but BRAVO! Couldn't of said it better myself. Even if I had all the reps done, I'd applaud this move. Now people have to stop and think about what to have active or not and they can change it AT WILL AT NO COST.

This makes the game more tactical and strategic in thinking. I mean good god, people actually have to THINK about what to do and just not mindly monkey smash buttons?!

Some of these people, just do not get them. Some of them whine and moan about power creep, but then PWE does something about it and frankly a damn good change and they all run around screaming like the world is ending.

Not saying it to you but to the whiners, sorry can't have your cake and eat it too.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
    edited April 2014
    I find that extremely funny.....

Someone complains (legibly or not) and the response is:

"You are a child because you can't play the game the way you want. I am a grown up, because I can play the way I want and this is the only right way".
    Thats sums up the response fairly well.

My worry right now is more of another one... I mean I knew some dillithium nerd was incoming but...
    Just did an STF and didn't get any dillithium out of it any more. Is that intended? Is marks exchange now the only way to get dil? THAT is a real nerf.

Has nothing to do with that. I'm having fun regardless of the way PWE who owns this game lock stock and barrel wants us to play.

That's the difference between myself and the OP and why I called him a child. Adapt or stop playing, it's that simple.
    afMSv4g.jpg

• agentkovalagentkoval Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    All I got out of that long drivel was "PWE took away my toys and I can't have fun my way! I am going to attempt to rile up everybody else like many others have done so I can have my toys back! Or I'm going to stamp my feelt and cry like a small child!"

Seriously grow up. My god they now force you to choose which abilities to have on. You actually have to put some forethought into how you want to do business. Which makes it more critical to how you build your charactres and guess what! YOU CAN CHANGE IT ON THE FLY!!

My god much to do about nothing and foricing players to make more tactical and strategic choices. And ofcourse people whine about it because it's no grind everything tailor 1 maybe 2 builds and rule them all.

Seriously grow up.

Wow, how short sighted of you and ignorant of you. Tribble server players have been telling the devs for a while that this was a bad idea, I am not creating the issue, the devs did. And these "toys" that were taken from me, are toys that I paid for, yet am grown up enough to know that if they are taken the best thing I can do is leave. So when people start to leave STO because of the repetitive grinding and lack of loyalty to players- we will see who is left for you to play with your "toys" with.
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    agentkoval wrote: »
    Wow, how short sighted of you and ignorant of you. Tribble server players have been telling the devs for a while that this was a bad idea, I am not creating the issue, the devs did. And these "toys" that were taken from me, are toys that I paid for, yet am grown up enough to know that if they are taken the best thing I can do is leave. So when people start to leave STO because of the repetitive grinding and lack of loyalty to players- we will see who is left for you to play with your "toys" with.
    Hey, as long as they get new players to replace the people that leave over this, they're all good.

No seriously, business wise getting and keeping new players is more important than keeping existing players. This is true for any MMO. Keeping existing players is important, just not as important.

Plus removing the ability to have every passive didn't suddenly make the end game something it's not. Before this, the end game was a repetitive grind. It's still a repetitive grind now, just slightly more optional depending on how you felt about reputation. For me, on my main, I'll still do every one. On my alts, I'll just do the ones that have gear I want.
  • vizhoniavizhonia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    +1!!

Worst season yet... What a waste of my time.
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can't understand why so many people say that "power creep" is something bad.

For solely PvP games, it makes sense for all players to be "equal" or at least have equivalent or balanced attributes (and this is the main reason I think it will never work well in STO, I doubt the recent nerfing will make any difference).

But for most PvE games it is all about level progression, the acquisition of powers, skills, abilities or items. This is what STO was to me, OK so each new passive wasn't that much, but it was progression, the slow improvement of each of my characters.
    If I can no longer grow my character, what's the point?

This (and the dilithium nerf to the BNP drops in the STFs) is why I am going to have a break, the new gear (and one T5 active) are not worth the hassle of the poorly written, time gated, irritating, but unchallenging, frame rate killing, visually blury missions.

There were two things I did in this game, improve my characters and help build my fleet, S9 has nerfed both of them.

I'll be back for the dilithium weekend to cash in all my BNPs and reputation points (one last contribution to the fleet). But other than that, unless there are some good fixes, I'll see you all in Season 10, and no, you can't have my stuff.

It seems to me that the best way of saying that your not happy with this game is to take a break from it, they don't seem too interested in what we say.

Perhapse, if we all did that...
  • dabarokdabarok Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I also find the new trait system insulting, griding to have all the +5 reps, carefully choosing the skills i wanted to now see them all in a "inactive list"?

What about the accolades system? Are those % going to be "choose only 4" too?

Griding to see something gone is insulting. Reduce % on combined skills, wich would allow all skill to be "on" would be nerfing enough... Making us choose from a choice we already made? bad idea... Season 10 = "from those 4 choose 2" Season 11 =... well you get the idea.

I started to pay when i saw the game was good. Well its not good now. Stop the pay.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can't understand why so many people say that "power creep" is something bad.

Normally it wouldn't be if the content kept up but it doesn't. There have been no new STFs with tougher enemies, the missions don't scale to gear just level and so on.
    edited April 2014
    They may have been unfair to you in your opinion, you do not speak for me. I like the change to the traits. It now requires a bit of thought and also it is now free to change them.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The thing is though, that if I'm putting hundreds, or thousands of hours into a character (casual or not) I expect it to become incrementally more powerful.

More powerful or better? If somebody's put hundreds or thousands of hours into something, shouldn't they themselves...be better at it? Thus, their character would be more powerful because the player behind the character is better at playing that character?

If folks simply rely upon more and more and more little boosts and crutches, in the end - are they not likely to end up worse than they were before they started, because they simply haven't had to play as much? The game's played more and more for them...?

The player - in playing - should be improving. Their game knowledge increasing - their ability to build ships getting better - their ability to fly those ships getting better.

People that played old arcade games - they did not get countless powerups along the way - they got better along the way...

Why do people focus so much on artificial improvements to their characters while overlooking any responsibility on their part to get better at the game...?
  • dabarokdabarok Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    decronia wrote: »
    They may have been unfair to you in your opinion, you do not speak for me. I like the change to the traits. It now requires a bit of thought and also it is now free to change them.

You are right! This is my opinion, sorry for the "making us" and "we already"

I still don't see the point in choosing skill to choose them again...
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Normally it wouldn't be if the content kept up but it doesn't. There have been no new STFs with tougher enemies, the missions don't scale to gear just level and so on.

OK, but they could have done that so easily. Making harder content for the "higher level" players surly should be rule 101 in the MMO guidebook.
    edited April 2014
    OK, but they could have done that so easily. Making harder content for the "higher level" players surly should be rule 101 in the MMO guidebook.

It's not "higher level" players. It's standard MMO gameplay.

Level to get Gear A to run Dungeon X. Run Dungeon X to get Gear B to run Dungeon Y. Run Dungeon Y to get Gear C to run Dungeon Z.

Every year or two either more content is dropped out or the level cap is increased and the little process starts over.

There's gear progression through content progression.

STO doesn't have content progression. Any time Cryptic has tried, the forums have been overwhelmed with complaints that things are too hard...so instead, STO simply has gear progression so folks can pat themselves on the back more and more for doing the same thing.

Take a barrel of fish. Start of with a pistol shooting the fish in a barrel. Move up to a rifle. Move up to an assault rifle. Move up to a grenade launcher. Move up to a tank. Move up to a bomber. Move up to tactical ICBMs. Move up to planetary bombardment from space. Etc, etc, etc...that's what the masses cry out for with STO.

edit: Just wanted to clarify that the "cry out" is not a cry of tears...more of a shout out. Not insinuating that they cry about it...just yell about it.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sophus84at wrote: »
    I agree that for Veterans the Season 9 is a slap in the face. for casuals and new players its a welcome sight.

Funny. New players will not even know what a reputation system is, and casual players are the same as veterans, it has nothing to do with paying a monthly sub or watever. I play about 1-2 hours a day, and i consider myself a casual player. And i hate the new reputation system cuz it makes the game even easier and even more grind-oriented.

I dont like the new reputation system because there is no challenge anymore. When you are in space, you slot all your space traits, when you are in ground, all your ground traits. Thats all lol.

Now you dont need to even worry about to select a trait or other one, who cares since you have all of em available lol.

But what makes me wonder wht was cryptic thinking is.. only 8 reputation slots???? seriously?? at first i thought that was a joke, but meh, it isnt. Im not surprised anyways. I already knew the new season will be a disaster, and i am not planning on doing anything about the new reputation, im done with that lol.
    And now that i discovered that the weapons of the new rep are green, even less, wtf green?? seriously??.
    edited April 2014
    I am going to agree 100% with you Virus. After all look at the rage over the rep changes that might make things a little harder and people actually having to think about what to use where.

I do understand where people are coming from where time and dil/marks spent are concerned. However power creep has to be dealt with. Even the largest MMO company out there is having to introduce a numbers squish because things were getting out of hand, and it is also why they changed the talent system a few times.

Personally I would like to see some harder content both for groups and for individual players. Harder hitting or higher health NPC is not what I mean. A smarter AI, using skills we have and so on.
    edited April 2014
    I like some of the things done with Season 9, the new Kit system for example is great, and graphics updates are always a good thing, though to be honest a bigger problem has been some of the voice acting.

Graphic updates??? to worst, you mean?? because the graphic quality now is far worst than before.. and it is one of the most important things that are making people to just stop playing until they revert the grahpic quality to their previous state. The only thing i like from the new season are the kits. Thats it, everything else, is pure TRIBBLE.
    edited April 2014
    I am going to agree 100% with you Virus. After all look at the rage over the rep changes that might make things a little harder and people actually having to think about what to use where.

I do understand where people are coming from where time and dil/marks spent are concerned. However power creep has to be dealt with. Even the largest MMO company out there is having to introduce a numbers squish because things were getting out of hand, and it is also why they changed the talent system a few times.

Personally I would like to see some harder content both for groups and for individual players. Harder hitting or higher health NPC is not what I mean. A smarter AI, using skills we have and so on.

If you look at the new trait system, its all made to make the game really EASY. Not the opposite. Where do you see that cryptic made the game harder??? in dreams?? the game is even easier than before now. Before the patch it was a pew pew grinding nation, now it is a pew pew hyper mega grinding nation.
  • embrosilembrosil Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    greyhame3 wrote: »
    Because you want the gear or the new passives interest you. Or just because you want to. If none or those are true, the feel free not to do it.
    But that is the point. The passives may interest me, but I have NO WAY to use them as all those previous ones also interest me. And no, believe me that after leveling two characters (out of my 10) to tier 5 in all reputations, I simply have no desire to do it again.
    But what really confuses me is that "power creep" I keep reading about. What was the problem? That a player who put more time to the game was stronger? When I met someone strong in STF who could do the whole instance alone I was happy as thanks to him/her it took a fraction of the time. Not to mention that these players are powerful because of their skill and builds. I really doubt traits had so much effect on this. Not to mention that this is mostly a PvE game. So what does it matter if someone is really strong? I was in elite STF where I did three times more damage in my cruisers than people in escorts. Only using reputation and exchange equipment. Does it mean I was power creeping?
    Not to mention it is hard to imagine lets say Picard going to his ready room to study anti borg methods, because he is going to fight them and after the fight, he forgets everything and learns how to make shields stronger...
  • oridjerraaoridjerraa Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My personal opinion is a very favorable of slotting more powerful traits and being able to reconfigure between missions and pvp. I like the choices; I can run heavy hitter or I can batten down the hatches.

The old traits are worthless fluff.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Funny. New players will not even know what a reputation system is, and casual players are the same as veterans, it has nothing to do with paying a monthly sub or watever. I play about 1-2 hours a day, and i consider myself a casual player. And i hate the new reputation system cuz it makes the game even easier and even more grind-oriented.

I dont like the new reputation system because there is no challenge anymore. When you are in space, you slot all your space traits, when you are in ground, all your ground traits. Thats all lol.
    But it's not quite that easy - if you do mixed content - like a regular mission - you will have to decide, since you can only change in social maps.

And what about the traits you can't slot anymore because you don't have that many slots (which is probably causing most of the complains about the rep changes.)?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    greyhame3 wrote: »

So its ok that cryptic is removing something that would give certain players the drive to log on? :D

On a personal note, I don't think the rep changes were a good idea either and it would have to be something amazing in the undine rep or for the missions to be that much more enjoyable, for me to even bother with it.

I liked the idea that working harder on certain characters rewarded you with a little bonus, they were hardly game breaking and in a 5 vs 5 pvp battle i defy anyone to tell the difference between those with only 1 or 2 reps completed vs those with all 4 done. I would honestly expect a character that had been at the end game longer than I had, to be more experienced, not that we needed any rep to conquer anything in this game anyway :)

But anyway, I have 11 characters at level 50, all in various stages of 'completion' I have no idea how this change will really affect me, but it has made me cautious about grinding out rep for all of them. I don't log in a lot anymore as it is and season 9 has offered me little reason to change my current gaming habits
    edited April 2014
    If you look at the new trait system, its all made to make the game really EASY. Not the opposite. Where do you see that cryptic made the game harder??? in dreams?? the game is even easier than before now. Before the patch it was a pew pew grinding nation, now it is a pew pew hyper mega grinding nation.

Hrmmm, I spent a wee bit of time arguing with the change-haters when the numbers were cut in half but the boosts were doubled/near doubled...I didn't really have an argument for them when Cryptic changed that.

3% to 4% CrtH, eh?

Suffice to say, I left the folks complaining alone...though it still irks me to no end that they go on and on as if it were some huge effort to grind the Reps up. Like there's anything else to do in the game but grind the Reps up outside of Foundry and PvP.
  • architectonarchitecton Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Shouldn't we receive some sort of compensation for the lost trait retrain tokens we lost??? Can they just remove items we have paid for? I had 6 or 7 which were worth 300 zen each...

This is serious :confused: