test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why is there no Release Notes for 4/17/2014

stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
Just curious, in the past every time there was maintenance on each Thursday, BranFlakes would post on the release note segment on the forums. It was always up to date, even if the update was a minor adjustment.

Looking at the release segment today, it tends to be several weeks behind - Last release note posted was of 4/3/2013.

What Gives?
StarTrekIronMan.jpg
Post edited by stark2k on

Comments

• Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Because there was no patch. Can't have patch notes for a patch that never happened.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Release Notes are for when there's a patch in addition to maintenance, there hasn't been any the last couple weeks. Check the Galactic News Network and you'll see that the last couple of Maintenance downtime notices have said there's no patch.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Being that season 9 is next week, it feels more like they're doing routine server maintenance and prep for it.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So you checked the release notes, but not the news section, where they specifically announced a scheduled maintenance downtime with the phrase "NO PATCH NOTES" repeated at least twice in bold yellow text?
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nikkojt wrote: »
    So you checked the release notes, but not the news section, where they specifically announced a scheduled maintenance downtime with the phrase "NO PATCH NOTES" repeated at least twice in bold yellow text?

Lol yeah he/she may need glasses. :P
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yep as many pointed out it was clearly marked there is no patch notes.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.