test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 9, Excited or Not Excited

Comments

• john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lackluster rep with weak passives that don't stack up to the current rep passives, no new fleet holding, big nerf to reputation systems, a boring battlezone for marks for the lack luster rep, what is there to like about season 9. The kit revamp is interesting, and if it had come out with S8 which had a nice big ground battlezone it would have been something, however s9 only has 1 new ground stf and it sounds boring as ****. So far the most intersting thing I've seen about S9 is the leaked stuff from the undine lockbox, everything else is just blah.
  • vhex333vhex333 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh I agree with john98837 above. That ground STF scanning Bajorans... Really?

Has anyone experienced this? I would love to hear feedback, I would love to be surprised and it is awesome.
  • kolbrandrkolbrandr Member Posts: 266
    edited April 2014
    Is what has been announced really all there is?

This looks quite disappointing.
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A nice change that would make me like the Season better is that if your character is at max Level, then you'd get some Marks for playing story missions instead of Exp that you can't use.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not excited. Never excited. The entropy of a closed system must always increase. No matter how nice it looks, the other shoe always drops. Improvement is a physical impossibility, things must always get worse. Expect more nerfs. They never announce all the nerfs. And borkedness. The borkedness is going to be massive, they have only a week to fix all the stuff currently broken, and they haven't even started.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Excited (or just interested) :
    -Kit revamp
    -Undines/Borg storyline revamp, and new items added as reward (more than needed)

Doesn't care :
    -Undines adventure zone. My F key is having a lot of strains in those area, I'm trying to protect it.
    -Undines rep. Another grind. Sure I'll do it. Doesn't say I'll enjoy it, and look forward for that.
    -ESD revamp. New ESD is pretty, but the old one is enough. And there are more important problem than a 3rd ESD revamp. Like getting a Romulan Academy to replace the allied academy for rom players ? So yeah, pretty, nicely done, but totally wasted resources.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! This is the end of STO season i know it is it has to be this one, i know it is for sure

I would like to see you be a big boy one day, and not try to derail threads.. I was reading this and actually getting some decent info out of it.. then boom. neo's thread completely has nothing to do with anything, as per the usual...

what I find completely insane on these forums, is if I call someone a troll, I get a warning.. but it seems the trolls can keep coming out and playing, cause they don't ever stop, so it means they are not getting warnings.. (cause enuph warnings generally equal a ban).

getting back on track, I am feeling the same as most people.. this season is going to be meh.. there is a few cool things that while nice, are hardly worth making them a major part of a season. ie, the kits revamp, and new equipment.. honestly, its really been almost 3 years since we have needed to get something new, and honestly, it should have happened in the wanna be expansion we got..

that being said, I kind of want to see a new aggressor like the krenim or what not, we have already played with the undine. it was already a major part of the story line, and it feels cheap to be going back to them.. yes I know, they had future plans for them, but from when they released the current story arc, to the one that is coming in season nine, they did nothing to really keep you interested. sloppy work in my eyes..

as far as them gimping this season to work on an expansion.. well, stop calling cryptics expansions expansions, cause they are not.. lor was the size of almost every other mmo's mid expansion content patches.. the feds got completely boned, and the klinks were not far behind.. an expansion "expands" all areas of the game, usually there is updates to pvp, each faction, story line for each faction, normally new leveling areas, new endgame content completely replacing and making old endgame obsolete. and all sorts of other new shineys.. lor simply introduced a fraction, and did none of the other things..

however, it will be nice to move on from the voth, and get something I can play for a week before im sick of it.. lol...
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No new holding and an pointless reputation, it's Season Neuf (and I'm not French).
  • lordkratos1974lordkratos1974 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not excited. Never excited. The entropy of a closed system must always increase. No matter how nice it looks, the other shoe always drops. Improvement is a physical impossibility, things must always get worse. Expect more nerfs. They never announce all the nerfs. And borkedness. The borkedness is going to be massive, they have only a week to fix all the stuff currently broken, and they haven't even started.

Exactly why i will not be playing S9. I stopped playing after the winter event ended because of boredom of 8.5. And yes, Cryptic nerfs every ship i buy that may have a cool cosole or other 'Game Breaking' mechanic. I got tired of buying stuff that constantly gets hit by the ban hammer. So there is no reason for me to return to STO anytime soon. Maybe when Cryptic gets there head out of there TRIBBLE with a new game engine with DX12 i will give it another shot. Untill then, down with STO.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The STO you are playing, and the STO I am playing must be very different things indeed.

¿? What does anything to do with my commentary?? seriously, i keep seeing non sense comments from you only trying to justfiy cryptic about everything.. you must be another infiltrator from cryptic files lol.
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm

excited about:
    -New ESD
    -New Heads and Complexions
    -Rep revamp incl. Traits revamp
    -Kit revamp
    -Undine revamp (some)
    -Undine/Borg storyline revamp

not excited about:
    -Undine Rep
    -Undine revamp (some)
    -Any (old remaining/new) bugs
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Exactly why i will not be playing S9. I stopped playing after the winter event ended because of boredom of 8.5. And yes, Cryptic nerfs every ship i buy that may have a cool cosole or other 'Game Breaking' mechanic. I got tired of buying stuff that constantly gets hit by the ban hammer. So there is no reason for me to return to STO anytime soon. Maybe when Cryptic gets there head out of there TRIBBLE with a new game engine with DX12 i will give it another shot. Untill then, down with STO.

Ok. This has to be said:

CAN I HAZ UR STUFF??? :rolleyes:

As far as S9 is concerned, I'll reserve judgement until after I've played it.
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok. This has to be said:

CAN I HAZ UR STUFF??? :rolleyes:

As far as S9 is concerned, I'll reserve judgement until after I've played it.

Are you stuck on ebonics?
  • captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Season 9...

... is going to kill queued PvP

... is going to kill the need to do reps

... is going to make the battlezone the only place to farm dilithium efficiently

... is going to kill a good many builds and force more cookie cutter

... is going to stagnate large fleets that already have every holding done

... has done exactly zero to address some of the most glaring space balance issues that have persisted for months

... gives me no incentive to log in more than I already have been, which is less and less every day

... may very well be the season I say goodbye to STO

Totally agree here, this may well be the Season I say "Adieu" to STO as well, and mostly in part due to the Rep Trait Revamp.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    undecided, the information coming to the players outside tribble has not been that great. i have not had as much time as i did last year or the year before this, so tribble and holodeck are not exactly priority.

right now all i know of is some kit revamp, esd upgrade, some warzone and a new stf, outside this not much else.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • tigerblade99tigerblade99 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There's a new Season coming out? :confused:

I must have missed all those big advertisements like they did last year...
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There's a new Season coming out? :confused:

I must have missed all those big advertisements like they did last year...

Oh, there's a new season. It's just been drowned out by the (admittedly) petty arguments over Reputation Powers revamp.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not Excited that is all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Less excited now that they moved the phaser bonus from the space set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Scratch that! Excited again, as they moved the phaser bonus back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So you're one of the ones clamoring for the devs to give some new content to the Borg? Since they've been so under-represented in the game?

lol true story.. I want the krenim.. hahaha.
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not excited at all. Last time i was excited was the seasons before f2p they were more interesting with all the tweet leaks and interaction with the devs back then.

The new seasons are boring, just grinding stuff and the odd mission. The expansion was nice but might be awhile before we get the next one which they said they would be doing. I just hope for some core engine improvments with the expansion if possible along with the content of a new playable faction preferably a cardassian or dominion faction not a play nice faction. Besides cardy ships are cool.

If all the new seasons will just add another rep system or grind and some odd mission then i fear im never going to look forward to a decent season again. :( Which is a shame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robbie222222robbie222222 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Can anyone explain to me why we need more undine anything?
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm excited. More Tuvok, which is nice because his voice should be in top form like he was in Step between Stars. Undine with planet killer tentacle space squid, fun. And end to the fed-KDF war, FINALLY!!!!! Reputation ease, nice. Rep power revamp, not so hot. Kit revamp, at last. Raider revamp, HELL YES!!!!!

All in all, a good season. I am excited.
  • robbie222222robbie222222 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Honestly, I like it. I'm not pleased about the "rep traits" cr*p, but everything else looks awesome to me. End to the artificial Fed-KDF war, epic new STFs, a space BZ that might actually be worth it, and more beautiful sphere art...

I like it.
    You fail to realize that they are making all feds and rommies klingon. kill first and take your reward. Lets just call it kLINGON ON LINE.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm looking forward to some of it. Some I'm not.

Kits - this will be a nice addition. I'm looking forward to making some of my own. Instead of being stuck with some I don't use.

Rep Grind "adjustment" - This is good, cause I like to send my alts through them. To get the additional stat bonuses. Also as a RPer each character is their own crew/story. So I want them to go through it as well.

Undine getting reworked. I'm glad to see this, as I always thought they seemed kinda weak compared to the others.

Ship Raiders getting a boost. This is good for my new KDF Tac captain to enjoy in her BOP. Since I started that one after they redid the KDF story line.

The Bad - So far I hadn't saw any good missions for the solo people. Its all been groups. That is good and all, but many don't want group playing. I'm one of them, due to time restrictions playing.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lets just call it kLINGON ON LINE.

Well, you do need to notice the first line in worffan101's signature. ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm excited. The Voth just didn't cut it for me. Nor the battlezone although it did have some cool ideas in execution i was like meh. However I like the undine. I played it on trib and i like what I see and the gear is nice.
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • weirdtrekie30weirdtrekie30 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I hope I'm wrong here, but am I correct in seeing on Tribble that all our reps will be reset and we'll be compensated with a few marks of each rep?
    Admiral Tuwud - High Commissioner, UFP Peace Corps Sigma Red
    logo%203.jpg?gid=272661&source=asset
  • thegrimcorsairthegrimcorsair Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I hope I'm wrong here, but am I correct in seeing on Tribble that all our reps will be reset and we'll be compensated with a few marks of each rep?

None of your reps will be reset, barring some sort of code-implosion on Cryptic's end. The reason the progress is reset when you move a character to Tribble has to do with how your rep data is stored on Holodeck and its storage making it difficult to impossible to port over in an efficient manner.
    If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.