What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 9, Excited or Not Excited

Comments

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same old same old every time a new season is about to launch we get the usual threads starting up "I'm not gonna play" "The game is finished" "It's all DOOOOOOOMMM"

BORING
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not really excited about this one. :(

My preliminary impressions of it are more or less the same I had with Season 8 and I really don't like Season 8. I'm just not into the whole sphere thing, I think it sucks and by the looks of it - they retconned the 'locked' Voth Zone and just turned it into an Undine Zone, so we're in the same ol' sphere again.
    Will have to try the new PvE events on holodeck first in order to judge them, so they might be cool, but there's the whole Undine lockbox thing that I really dislike, so.....bleh.

Bringing down the war and further molding the factions due to incompetence will completely kill any replay value on alts for me, furthermore it made sure I won't touch PvP again with a 10-foot pole apart from maybe private PvP matches with fleeties once in a blue moon.
    Mixmatching the kits is probably the most interesting thing to come, but it's just a drop that is overshadowed by the rest.

So even if I really try hard to get excited about it, the most excited I can get atm is - meh. :(
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Neither. I just want something new to do.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Excited as always.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Kit changes and rep acquisition changes are nice.

The rep "trait" changes are a real slap in the face to players who invested countless hours doing boring, repetitive content to acquire the current bonuses.

For the rest, meh.

Overall, meh.
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm really excited about all the new bugged weekend grindfests, events, and pointless Undine Rep, because you know everyone wanted more Undine. Plus the Undine lockbox is going to be great, the ships are going to be sooo overpowered that it will make up for all the nerfs that are coming and I'm sure it will be easily affordable to the average player. At least the rep calls them species 8472 instead of Undine. I'm also looking forward to the summer event because I really want to grind for an outfit I can only use in one place because god forbid someone shows skin in this game that isn't Orion :P
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Post your thoughts and please be courteous to your fellow posters

I'm excited. Mainly for all things Undine. I feel like they've almost fallen by the wayside in this game's story and they're sort of supposed to be the big bad guys. So it's nice to have a season involving them again.

And the ground gear looks amazing so I want that.

And the turret fits a few of my builds so I want that.

And if there's a phaser damage bonus involved in space, I want that.

So this season kind of hits a lot of buttons for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tyranthraxisiityranthraxisii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think that new content is always a fresh change of scenery, even if it gets old fast(might not be the case *shrugs* and ESD Does look nice. I am/was kinda hoping with an Undine themed season, we might see something to boost races that have telepathic/telekinetic abilities, and I don't know, maybe we will still.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=TREQGl54BU8&feature=endscreen
    I thought WoW's forums had angry elitist snobs, but I never could have imagined the level STO forums has.:confused:
  • Options
    siliconpsychosiliconpsycho Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rep passives revamp :

not impressed. we grind for a reason, to improve. to change how that works and reduce the rewards is going to really make me put rep on the backburner

Undine battlezone :

Boring, mindless pewpew that is of no real challenge. I wont be going there after trying me best to like it on tribble. and anyway, there isn't really any point in going there

Undine STFs :

Too much graphical stuff going on for those of us outside the US or with mid range computers - it lags like hell for me, and it isn't my computer. Is the sheer amount of data being sent around, especially with the "support" ships as well. It ends up for me like a 5v5 pvp where everyone is spawning gravwells, photonics, pets, FAW etc etc. Its not fun to go through and play at a slideshow rate. At least I will only have to do one of these a day for 3 weeks to get the rep to T4 on my main, no need to go past that as the rewards are nor comparable to my fleet and other rep stuff. Wont be doing it on any alts.

New ESD :
    Again, a lot of graphics and data for those not in the US or with mid range computers. It IS pretty and a nice place to be, but I have horrible suspicions when fully populated its going to be laggy as heck. Was it even really necessary?

Rep Projects Revamp:

Im actually good with this, I don't mind only having to do one STf a day to do it and only pay a little EC per project as well.

Kit Changes:

I really could not care less. I wont even bother trading in my current fleet kits because I basically don't do any ground whatsoever, so I don't see the point for me, personally. I can see the appeal for those into ground stuff, but for everyone else its very meh

PvP queue revamp:

Im good with this also
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    trelane87 wrote: »
    because you know everyone wanted more Undine.

So you're one of the ones clamoring for the devs to give some new content to the Borg? Since they've been so under-represented in the game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've not been excited since LoR was launched, though soon after that realized that (for all it's praise) it was still a half assed job of half a faction. Season 8 didn't impress me as, and I'll be amazed if Season 9 is any different.

I am looking forward to the new ESD and Kit Changes, but the Undine/Dyson Sphere content is pretty much a lame rehash of the Voth/Sphere stuff, and we're getting screwed over with the reputation traits big time, so yeah. Hardly thrilling.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My Season 9 :

- STF BNP nerf , aka sneaking back the Dil nerf from Season 7 , when we said as one NO to that .
    Right now all we do is mutter and bend over while the trolls yell DOOOOOM .
    That's all that's left of this community .

- New "PUG" PVP queue that is not really a Pug .

- The Rep nerf .

- The new Space mission that has the Eye of Mordor in it , plus a lot of floating pee .

- The Undine invasion of ... Bajor . Surely the most strategically important planet in the Galaxy . Hope they enjoy the Hasperat and that they have brought their own blankets .

- Possibly a Dill or a Mark weekend ... maybe-maybe not ... ?
    (are the "weekend heroes" still happy about the many-many Dil-Mark Bonus weekends that we're not having month after month ? What's that I hear ? More apathy and more troll's yelling DOOOM in every thread ? Yup , that's the fanbase all riled up and exited... .)

... but hey , we have the ESD revamp and the Kit revamp , AND an new Rep ... so ...
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why should i be excited for something that will break defniitely the game and throw away dozens of more bugs, fails and glitches?? no, thanks. But honestly, by now i dont think nobody cares, since cryptic will do watever they want lol, even if 90% of the player population doesnt want to.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    foxalpha5 wrote: »
    New stuff is coming, so yes I'm excited for Season 9.

And with comments like this, people still wonders why cryptic is breaking the game season after season lol.

People doesnt care a bit about quality, they only want new content. This is a clear example. You are a typical example of cryptic's targeted customer.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    And with comments like this, people still wonders why cryptic is breaking the game season after season lol.

People doesnt care a bit about quality, they only want new content. This is a clear example. You are a typical example of cryptic's targeted customer.

That's a good way to win people over to your side. Yuuuuuuup. Grade A Diplomat right here. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I know man. Someone genuinely enjoying a computer game and deciding to share it on a public forum. Makes you sick doesn't it?
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    On the one hand when it was atari and they began the game, THEY NEVER SHOULD SOLD LTS TO PEOPLE !!!

That was a critical error, PWE saved this MMO by put it F2P, it changed a lot of stuff since then..
    And now few years ahead been out the game couple of times and back in again.
    Well from what I have seen so far on trible I like it, I think indeed Cryptic learned their wrongs and they will adapt slowly.

We asked kits we got them, we asked a better Rep system we got it, so what some of you guys/girls are forgetting we asked ourselves for all this to happen...

And I believe players who don't play anymore for more than few weeks now should shut up with their DOOOOOM game and DOOOOM Cryptic threads, because the moment they shut down their Star Trek Online they lost their right to speak about it.

For some reasons I'm not fund either with the tactics cryptic and PWE is doing, but as a good game and Trek fan I will support them in anyway I can ....

I will set course and see what season nine will bring to me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's mainly the kit revamp. Certain kits(actually more like HALF of them) will be difficult to recreate using the new kit system. But.... you will be able to do some really fun stuff like mixing mines and turrets. :D

So what you're saying is less is more? What kind of broken logic is that? It's the same thing that happened with the carrier pet revamp. Yes, we had ever so slightly more control over pets but then we couldn't revive them if they were still alive. Again, something that on it's face looked better but ended up being worse. The same goes for levels being added to carrier pets. If our pets already have tier 3, 4ish stats, why would we want tier 0 pets that take 5 to 6 battles to get to tier 5? Overall, that's a net loss to pet survivability and dps.

Likewise, how will our now viable kits be more viable if they can't be recreated? You're grasping at straws marhawk.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    For me this Season is rather a downvote.
    Reasons:

Undine Space
    - flying through fluidic space just makes me sick and throw up. The design is just disgusting.
    In my opinion the art team has gone too far, so that means no Space reputation grinding for me.
    Adding the increased rep grind that makes a minus for the reputation changes.

- Reputation changes don't affect me since I have finished them long time ago.

Kit revamps are not really that what I thought it would be. The powers stay the same.
    + No crafting involvement regarding kits and powers and no new powers=skills

- No Secondary Deflectors in S9 which is probably the greatest downer of all

- ESD looks nice, but I hardly spend time on there, so it's nice to have (which does not meant that I don't like it, on the contrary, it looks nice)
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Based on what I have seen on the Dev Blog I am not very excited or impressed. The Dev Blog have actually seem a bit boring this time around. I hope season 9 is going to be awesome, but at this moment I just don't see it. I know many are not happy with the reputation changes they are making and rightfully so for the ones who have put all the hard work into it. Well, let see how season 9 turns out.

Post your thoughts and please be courteous to your fellow posters

No. I'm not. It is not the season I hoped for, in honesty. I was hoping for more episodic missions; more true Star Trek missions, but instead we have more War ... War ... War ... War.

I want Exploration!
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No, not excited. Its just Season 8 all over again. The only thing that remotely interests me is the remastered Borg episodes. The games fallen into a bit of a rut these last two seasons and needs some fresh ideas for new content.

I don't think I'm really going to be majorly interested until Cryptic finally realise that the players want some diversity to the content. I really thought Season 9 was going to be more story/adventure based, as a mirror to S8.

The game desperately needs a new series of episodes or innovative new area of space that offers more than a rep grind.
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    carlosbfly wrote: »
    No, not excited. Its just Season 8 all over again. The only thing that remotely interests me is the remastered Borg episodes. The games fallen into a bit of a rut these last two seasons and needs some fresh ideas for new content.

I don't think I'm really going to be majorly interested until Cryptic finally realise that the players want some diversity to the content. I really thought Season 9 was going to be more story/adventure based, as a mirror to S8.

The game desperately needs a new series of episodes or innovative new area of space that offers more than a rep grind.

+1I have to agree ...
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    enderssoupenderssoup Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Definitely Excited
    Excuse me, excuse me, would you mind stopping that darn noise?
    obscene gesture, vulcan neck pinch, claps, cheers
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not excited. Not unexcited either.
  • Options
    legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited April 2014
    Reserving judgement. ;)
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • Options
    avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not excited. I guess I've grown tired of the rep grinds since New Romulus was introduced. The new kits look interesting as do the remastered Undine. I get the feeling I'll mainly spend my time replaying the older content and doing kit bashes.
  • Options
    nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Where does it state the secondary deflectors will now no longer be in S9? If true then that's a strike against the season as far as I am concerned.

The other features, I will reserve judgment on.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A re-skin of season 8, whacked by a nerfbat . Color me unimpressed.

I will check it out, but I still have the burnt out blahs from this grindfest,.Not cryptics fault, nobody held a gun to my head, and made me grind this meaningless TRIBBLE, over, and over.
    For useless trinkets.
  • Options
    startrek1warsstartrek1wars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Excited for the FE, New ESD, New Kits. Not excited about the Undine Zone.
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nathrael wrote: »
    Where does it state the secondary deflectors will now no longer be in S9? If true then that's a strike against the season as far as I am concerned.

The other features, I will reserve judgment on.
    Last I read coming in season 9 but not with the start of season 9 on the STO wiki.