test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nerfing the STF's

jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
Season 9 Dev blog 3

One thing we’ve wanted to improve in STO is that every time a player queues up for an STF, there is no clear indication of what rewards will be earned at the end. There are base rewards and a chance to improve them by completing optional objectives, but beyond that there is also a chance to “jackpot” extra rewards. Sometimes you earn extra Borg Neural Processors, other times it is extra Omega Marks; sometimes you earn a piece of gear and yet other times the only rewards are the base rewards. Extra rewards have never been a problem, but they do cause confusion.

While updating the Borg STF rewards to include the new Daily Bonus Marks we wanted to remove this randomness. Furthermore, this provided us with an opportunity to further our mission in this reputation system redesign to make all reputations work in similar ways so that experiences in one can easily translate to another.

In our Season 9 update, you’ll notice that all the base rewards are remaining the same, as are the rewards for completing optional objectives. What is changing is that extra rewards found in the “jackpot” are now just inherently earned:

The chance for a piece of gear is being replaced by a guaranteed piece of gear. The chances of receiving the best possible piece of gear (such as the Very Rare Mark XII’s from Elite mode) are exactly the same as before.

The chance for extra Omega Marks is being replaced by the Daily Bonus Marks that are earned for the first play of a STF (or other Omega Reputation content) per day. This large, guaranteed, lump sum of Omega Marks dwarfs all the previous potential jackpots.

The chance for extra Borg Neural Processors is being removed; however, the related costs of all reputation projects are being decreased accordingly. The end result is that Borg Neural Processors will drop at a rate similar to Voth Cybernetic Implants and the Task Force Omega reputation projects will require the same amount of these elite rewards to the Dyson Joint Command projects.

Phil “Gorngonzolla” Zeleski
System Designer
Star Trek Online

Removing the dilithium from the STF's ?

I am not ok with this at all

This will hurt all fleets lrge and small in a huge way

How about remove dilithium from the fleet projects Phil ? that would be fair considering this nerf to our earning dilithium for our fleets

As a matter of fact how about adding the complete borg set as a 3 mission reward like the dyson set as well huh and not cost 100k dilithiun...add the KHG maco and omega sets in there too just like the dyson set

Is the 960 dilithium reward gone as well i did not see it mentioned for a elite reward what about the nornal STF reward ? is it gone too ?

I dont see anything exciting about this

So phil please explain how a Fleet earns Dilithium as a fleet for fleet projects as a team which is what fleets are all about.................
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Post edited by jellico1 on

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    960 dil is still there.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2014
    so the avg of 60/75/115 marks is being reduced to 55/30

30 marks for your second STF................... and 1 bnp.............

wow what a exciting Nerf
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

wow what a exciting Nerf
    They say base reward will stay the same. Sometimes while playing STF you had more marks than other time. It was random, and not really big (something like +15marks). Now, this reward is guaranteed for the first time, and is also increased. For the next time in the day, you'll earn the base reward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mastigatormastigator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

wow what a exciting Nerf

So right now on elite you get 15 for the optional and 60--115 marks in the loot critter. I'm assuming this change and the promised big lump sum that will dwarf the other bonuses available you'd get on your first time that day will be >115. You'll still be able to get the 15 optional marks. Then, if I understand correctly, each subsequent play that day will earn you 60 marks with the chance at the optional 15.

And I think it'll just be one bnp per. No more chance to get up to 11.
    "They're crying, Jim! I don't know how it happened, but it's good to see." - Dr Leonard McCoy
  • Options
    shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is going to seriously knacker my dil collection, to be honest.

Might get me doing more than rinsing the same 3 stf's though. It'd be good if there was an easy way to see what gives a daily big reward of each currency (dial, marks etc) for the first mission. I know there's the stuff marked as "daily", but that doesn't seem to do the job I want or have really badly explained here.

Hey ho.
    giphy.gif