test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HUD issue with Mission Tracker Component

chuzordie5chuzordie5 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
While im sure that the majority of players find it refreshing to have the mission tracker resize itself like some pubescent phallus.. i personally would like an option to have my primary mission on a seperate tab from other missions in my "In Progress" are of the UI. is there a tweak im missing or can i edit the XML myself to get a seperate tab option for this..

the stretching an shrinkage are annoying when your trying to keep track of things and the unit resizes on you.

not a seperate WINDOW XML piece just a TABBED mission tracker..

or beter yet.. give players the option to WRITE our OWN UI pieces..

there are plenty of XML coders our there that might make a more KDF style UI or RRW style UI that the default we are forced to endure. for diagnostic purposes with tech support the default UI could be reset, as is standard with other MMO's , sony for example.. you can load a personal style UI into there MMO while getting your viewing pleasure and there functionality.

The UI is supposed to represent the LCARS system from the ships.. even the KDF are forced to use the LCARS with a red tinge.. not very KDF'ish as there movie displays were very geometric in design..

GIVE ME A TAB PLZ
Post edited by chuzordie5 on

Comments

• Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The auto resizing, auto prioritizing mission tracker is the most annoying piece of garbage ever implemented, I can not count the number of times I have had to waste time in the middle of a mission to mouse over that thing and mess around in there to bring up what I need to see. The previous one was far superior, I could size it how I wanted it and leave it that way knowing it would be where I needed it.
    I've gone through every setting file that is accessible in the game and I can see no way of changing how the tracker works and if there is a command set that changes this behavior it is well buried.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'll add my voice to this - the mission tracker HUD is pretty annoying. Let me separate the two elements and let me tweak the size as I see fit.

Would also be nice if the special mission tracker for stuff like the mirror universe event defense state counter would also be separately resizeable and movable.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.