test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any Star Trek Ship Collectors out there?

redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Ten Forward
I have pretty much every Polar light, AMT, Monograhm and Revelle Star Trek model ever released but have started collecting the Pre-made models from Diamond select/Art Asylum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvDFLouqRHA

I was wondering if anyone else on the forums collect these or builds Trek ships? The Gal-x is an amazing model as are the others. The only 2 I dont have are the Cut-away TOS Enterprise and the NX-01. The Soud affects are kind of cheezy and they could have put more effort into the lighting but they are not bad at all and most cost under $100. They are great for someone that wants a nice size good quality star trek ship but does not have the time or skill to build their own. My Pride is the QMX Enterprise Refit. It was a gift from my father when I finished college here is a link to the companys page. Its 1/350 scale

https://store.qmxonline.com/Enterprise-Refit-Artisan-Replica_p_135.html

I would love to see other players builds.
Post edited by redsnake721 on

Comments

• Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I collected Star Trek Models from the late 70's, to the early 90's. Most of them were AMT. and Revelle. The Ravages of time, and frequent moving robbed me of them.(Too damaged to salvage). However, I was laid up for a few months in the early 90's recovering from back, and knee surgery. I built with painstaking detail, the Excelsior, and Galaxy class Enterprise Models, and gave them to my Brother, who was in middle school at the time.
    He is a grown man in his 30's now.He keeps both models in his study at his home. I am actually touched by this, because he tends to be rough with his possessions. They are both in excellent condition.
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Since I was a child...
    At my parents place is a ToS 1701, A DS-9 (with a MicroMachines Defiant at one of the primary docking ports), the Excelsior, Voyager, and the Three ship Adversary set...

At my place, I have a Sovereign Class, Defiant Class and JJPrise, and a small scale NX-01 all gold-sprayed, and at my tattoo studio, I have a gold-sprayed small scale Akira Class on my counter.

IMHO, Plastikote Antique Gold gives a fantastic result :cool:
  • Options
    redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is your JJ Prise the Revelle Germany 1/525 scale model? That's not available in US unless you get it off Ebay. I have been thinking abut getting it. They make an awesome Voyager kit as well.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Not those ones, but ive started the model collection from eaglemoss. Already running out of room though.

http://www.startrek-starships.com/eng/index.asp
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Is your JJ Prise the Revelle Germany 1/525 scale model? That's not available in US unless you get it off Ebay. I have been thinking abut getting it. They make an awesome Voyager kit as well.

That's the one, I'm in the UK so was able to pick it up in a shop :cool: Lots of fiddly parts though, and making it made me realise just how ludicrously oversized the nacelles are... I'm tempted to try and kit bash on a set of 1701-A nacelles for a more balanced result :eek:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Not those ones, but ive started the model collection from eaglemoss. Already running out of room though.

http://www.startrek-starships.com/eng/index.asp

NX-01 and Akira Class :cool: I'm not collecting them all, just a few personal favorites. After they release the Nova/Rhode Island class, that'll probably be it for me...
  • Options
    vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey Redsnake 721 nice to see someone who has the QMX Enterprise. I saw this a few weeks back and am considering raiding the kid's college fund to get it :D. But seriously...is it as amazing as it looks?
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium