Install Arc

Wow just wow

therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Opvp channel is at an all times low, around 500 when LoR hit
Few months later dropped to 400~
Earlier today it was on 300

And now on an all time low 263 and dropping!!!!!!1

Is it this bad guys? :( Is this a rough indication we lost half our community? Is it gonna drop even further????

It has always been a good meter of how 'wealthy' PvP was/is :p
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by therealmt on

Comments

• opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    therealmt wrote: »

And now on an all time low 275 and dropping!!!!!!1

Is it this bad guys? :(

Meh, it's gotten to the point for me to just throw my lot into a different game for my PvP fix entirely. It's a shame too, cause PvP was one of the only things keeping me in STO.

It's alright, STO can sit in my mothball corner until the devs can see that PvP is getting sad. I have faith that they will fix it to be a little more fair, but it will probably be at zero hour when everyone has given up hope.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is it this bad guys?

I've never seen it as quiet as it has been. Course, I only pop in every few days or so - join channel, see nothing being said forever, leave channel.
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Took you long enough to notice. Players who are still around are becoming more and more insular- stick to fleet channels, private channels, etc.

There's basically nothing to talk about. Doesn't help that the channel frequently appears hostile to newer players.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    scurry5 wrote: »
    Took you long enough to notice. Players who are still around are becoming more and more insular- stick to fleet channels, private channels, etc.

There's basically nothing to talk about. Doesn't help that the channel frequently appears hostile to newer players.

Players still subbed to opvp still show as in the channel though even if they are not talking in it or watching it. I think the point is in the last week or less there has been a noticed dip in people online.

I have only logged a couple times myself and where I used to take an hour or so and grab a bit of dilhitum or work the exchange or what ever even if I wasn't pvping. I haven't lasted much more then 10-15min tops the last week or so. Looking at my friends list, and going on the number of Pandas off to MWO and the number of friends I have run into in GW ect I would say there has been quite the outflux of players the last 2 weeks or so. (217 members of Opvp online tonight when I logged in for a few min)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited March 2014
    and how many of those were people logged into Pidgen?

It's sad that PvP is in this state
    It's sad that there are probably good people out there we'll never get to play with again
    It's sad that Cryptic thinks they're making a good game.
    LOLSTO
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My main chat tab that is usually up by default has our fleet channels, TD, OPvP, and the usual fare of zone/tell/group etc.

It is literally almost always dead except for fleet chat. About the only time OPvP is active is when someone is crying about something or theres an argument.

Tonight was a rare exception, it seemed pretty active for the 10 or so of us that were babbling back and forth, but even then there was drama related to a match involved

its kinda sad, just a couple months ago id switch the tabs over just because no one would shut up, now its basically quiet, especially TD
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't think people are unsubscribing from channels en-masse. It's not just OPvP. ALL channels are down. Attendance gamewide is down. I've heard talk in other channels noticing an emptying of the instances overall.

And you know why? Because the Weekend Event system is killing traffic. What are you doing this week? Let me guess...nothing...grinding for a third less pay isn't exactly inspiring...people ARE just saying, "Yeah, maybe I'll just come back next month...".

And many probably won't. Once something gets replaced by another thing, that thing is your new thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't think people are unsubscribing from channels en-masse. It's not just OPvP. ALL channels are down. Attendance gamewide is down. I've heard talk in other channels noticing an emptying of the instances overall.

And you know why? Because the Weekend Event system is killing traffic. What are you doing this week? Let me guess...nothing...grinding for a third less pay isn't exactly inspiring...people ARE just saying, "Yeah, maybe I'll just come back next month...".

And many probably won't. Once something gets replaced by another thing, that thing is your new thing.

I think you right game pop in general is down and the hourly event thing is for sure part of the issue. I have no reason to log in any more... thinking on it there where times I would log in see X or Y event was on for an hour and then I would run some stuff on 4 or 5 toons. Before I knew it I wasted 3 or 4 hours doing PvE. lol

Thinking some more... the last couple weekend junk I didn't even bother logging in for. If I feel like doing PvP in other games Weekends are prime time... if I feel like doing PvE they all have weekend TRIBBLE going on to. STO should really be pushing being the weekday game... they can't hope to compete with what is happening elsewhere on the weekends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    im pretty sure ether the grind fest turned 9 pack anniversary, the team skill cooldown removal or the colossus **** up that was the galaxy reboot were the last straw with a lot of folks.
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Players still subbed to opvp still show as in the channel though even if they are not talking in it or watching it. I think the point is in the last week or less there has been a noticed dip in people online.

I have only logged a couple times myself and where I used to take an hour or so and grab a bit of dilhitum or work the exchange or what ever even if I wasn't pvping. I haven't lasted much more then 10-15min tops the last week or so. Looking at my friends list, and going on the number of Pandas off to MWO and the number of friends I have run into in GW ect I would say there has been quite the outflux of players the last 2 weeks or so. (217 members of Opvp online tonight when I logged in for a few min)

Yeah, I wasn't too clear. What I meant was that I was agreeing that number online and subbed was down, and becoming insular was a result of it. People don't talk, fewer people come in, meaning the channel slowly begins to die. New players also probably don't see the necessity of subscribing to these channels either, which is where the insularity also comes in - they stick to fleet channels.

And the 'nothing to talk about' is both a cause and a symptom. Less traffic means the channel becomes more and more irrelevant.

Of course, the general game population on weekdays seems to be down too.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    im pretty sure ether the grind fest turned 9 pack anniversary, the team skill cooldown removal or the colossus **** up that was the galaxy reboot were the last straw with a lot of folks.
    Nah, it was the Weekend Event system. All those other things are just minor aspects that affect a small, but vocal minority. The removal of Hourlies has a far-reaching effect on everyone across the entire game. When it's very apparent all of your efforts at doing anything are wasted, and you're working for a third less pay, you stop bothering. You really do go, "Eh, I'll come back next month", and by the time next month rolls around, you've found something else to be doing with your time. With the hourlies, there was always an impending time in which your efforts would receive the full reward. Now, you're looking at up to 2 months, with tons of dead space. Sure, the hourlies weren't for everyone, but they sure as hell beat weeks of dead air.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nah, it was the Weekend Event system. All those other things are just minor aspects that affect a small, but vocal minority. The removal of Hourlies has a far-reaching effect on everyone across the entire game. When it's very apparent all of your efforts at doing anything are wasted, and you're working for a third less pay, you stop bothering. You really do go, "Eh, I'll come back next month", and by the time next month rolls around, you've found something else to be doing with your time. With the hourlies, there was always an impending time in which your efforts would receive the full reward. Now, you're looking at up to 2 months, with tons of dead space. Sure, the hourlies weren't for everyone, but they sure as hell beat weeks of dead air.

I dunno about you but I have no issue doing ESTFs for 75 marks. Honestly the hourly events were really minor boosts and not really worth waiting around for.

DDIS is probably more spot on than you are, considering this is about OPvP and not the whole game.

I understand youre part of the group of people that the hourly change really pissed off, but that doesnt apply to us, we never got bonus anything from the hourlies. Those that were going to PvP would regardless of any event calendar.

The changes to systems is most likely the culprit, combined with the general malaise around the only PvP update we have had in years being a total failure (due to universal consoles not scaling down on shuttles making shuttle pvp a joke when packing say Isometric Charges)

The team skill changes really are the core reason I would wager, you might not see the sheer lunacy of it outside of PvP, but breaking that timing chain has really screwed up a lot of builds and strategies many of us have practiced and ran by for a long long time.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I, for one, welcome our new EP Hologram.

Can't wait to hear the spinster's rap of how shuttle pvp is great fun, the game grows, pvp is getting healthier, the grass has gotten greener, global warming will be tackled by PWE, and players will soon(tm) receive free orbital housing spaces to improve immersion while playing STO.

At least we still have the forum for lunch breaks. Let's see how many opvp members will be online when SC dog-fighting comes out.
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Going to have to agree with the hour event removal and the introduction of weekend events. It has had two effects on myself.

1) I don't find myself staying in game a bit longer because of X event or logging in to do Y event.

2) I'm stockpiling stuff to turn in on the next weekend dil and mark event which is more efficient but not quite as enjoyable.

Which has the result of making things feel even more 'grindy' than exciting.
  • bjchiemarabjchiemara Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    brandonfl wrote: »

It's sad that there are probably good people out there we'll never get to play with again

Well the reality of it is, this game was founded on the story/co-op portion and that is what most of us open-beta veterans started with and what we expect (I started in Jan. 2010 open beta pre-order). When they introduced the Klingon faction, then pvp was truly introduced rather than just two player challenge but was never expected to be the main portion of the game, that would be ridiculous.

This game wouldn't be here without the story portion. It's what matters for die hard trek fans and it's what is going to truly keep this game going and keep me paying my money into it.

This isn't Call of Duty, or Modern Warefare, or Battlefield

I spent nearly $1000 in one year in this game, and it was definitely not for the pvp.
  • grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
    edited March 2014
    havam wrote: »

At least we still have the forum for lunch breaks. Let's see how many opvp members will be online when SC dog-fighting comes out.

Yeah,.. we will see.

I think we lose more and more aktiv players, this is really sad.

:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
    *** R.I.P. ***
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bjchiemara wrote: »

I spent nearly $1000 in one year in this game, and it was definitely not for the pvp.

To be blunt, I think the people who are here for "Star Trek" and "For the story" are getting about the same treatment that PvPers are.
  • ibuyevryshipibuyevryship Member Posts: 280
    edited March 2014
    bjchiemara wrote: »

imao
    To be blunt, I think the people who are here for "Star Trek" and "For the story" are getting about the same treatment that PvPers are.

tru
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited March 2014

And now on an all time low 263 and dropping!!!!!!1

Is it this bad guys? :( Is this a rough indication we lost half our community? Is it gonna drop even further????

It has always been a good meter of how 'wealthy' PvP was/is :p
    I've joined the channel recently, as I've started doing some casual PvP (since I'm bored with pretty much everything else in the game).

The time I've spent there I've either seen spammy BS talks between the same people, or complete silence. I don't know what I've expected, but it's been faster for me to do a queue PvP, than to join something from that channel.

But I think it was mostly the nonsense blabber that made me remove the channel from my list.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited March 2014

new rep soon lol :D
    edited March 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    I could try and say something in OPvP, but I'm still stuck in season 6 mode. To a lot of you, I'm just a big ole' backward n00b.

It's never stopped me from saying things. :P
  • tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    brandonfl wrote: »

CRYPTIC.. why do you believe you are right? Cuz it is your way or no way?

Do you guys in CrypticLand believe that games like SFC2:Orion Pirates, a real strategy game without all the magical procs, chance statistics, etc.. wasn't a true believable game?

WHen I got frustrated in that game, it was my fault because i made an error in judgement or a maneuver.

When I get frustrated in STO, it is because a tet or phaser proc dropped all my shields even though i was full health and killed me.. i.e. no error on my part.

Why don't you load up SFC2:OP and see for yourself!

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
    edited March 2014
    Spacebar: the final frustration. These are the voyages of the starship Monetize. Its two-minute mission: to explore strange new consoles, to seek out new bugs and new exploits, to blindly press the spacebar like no man before.

edit: Have to go hit my spacebar for the new Mirror Invasion...wheeee!
  • mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The situation is dire? Bring back the JHAS in doff packs! And hope nobody notices that it can't cloak!