test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Federation Diplomacy BOFF - what to expect

gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
Alright, so I'm just a hop, skip and jump away from reaching Level 4 for diplomacy with my Fed Tac Human and I'm excited to get a BOFF from here. The wiki has jack squat about what to expect, so I got a few questions:

1) What races and what classes can I expect? The wiki only lists three classes (Gorn, Orion and Nausicaan) but doesn't say anything else beyond that.

2) Customization: how far does that go? Can I expect shoving a Gorn inside a TOS uniform silliness or is he forever running around without a shirt?

3) Anything special about these guys beyond being Diplomacy BOFFs?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Alright, so I'm just a hop, skip and jump away from reaching Level 4 for diplomacy with my Fed Tac Human and I'm excited to get a BOFF from here. The wiki has jack squat about what to expect, so I got a few questions:

1) What races and what classes can I expect? The wiki only lists three classes (Gorn, Orion and Nausicaan) but doesn't say anything else beyond that.

2) Customization: how far does that go? Can I expect shoving a Gorn inside a TOS uniform silliness or is he forever running around without a shirt?

1. I'd say go by the wiki as the only options, but don't be surprised if there are more when you sign up.

2. Customization is exactly what the KDF has for host race options. My Orion Diplo BOff has all her bikinis, TMP KDF armor, etc., as options, however, she can't touch a Federation uniform or off duty stuff if her life depended on it...

3. I want to say they're blue to purple level, otherwise, no - they're no different than getting one of these BOffs as a KDF player...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited February 2014

1- It's Gorn, Orion and Nausicaan races. Sci, Engi and Tactical options for each. No Klingons available because Klingon BOFFs for Fed toons is already a purchasable option. No Letheans because at the time they made this option Lethean BOFFs didn't exist.

2- You can't use Fed stuff on these BOFFs. So no TOS tunic on a Gorn Diplo BOFF.

3- They're purple quality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flynn444flynn444 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Of the three races, only Nausicaan offers a space trait: Pirate (+1.5% all damage, +150 stealth). If you do mostly space missions, you'll definitely want to pick up one of the Nausicaan BOFFs.