test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Give us a Uni bridge officer token PLEASE.

therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Federation Discussion
The most annoying thing in games, and especially in STO has always been the fact that you always have to trade off Visuals versus Technical specifications.

You want to fly a specific ship, but the layout doesnt suit you at all, please make some token like the extra doff roster spot so we can convert a single Bridge Officer station into a Universal one.

Limit it to Lieutenant commander so that ships arent able to change the commander station to a universal at least this preserves the balance somewhat.

Why in the world do you guys lap up the defiant with new materials, yet it still has this most horrible BO layout? :/

Give older ships a chance to thrive again.

Oh and fix the damn Romulan boffs already, when are they going to be nerfed or given to the Fed/kdf's?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by therealmt on

Comments

• Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    therealmt wrote: »
    The most annoying thing in games, and especially in STO has always been the fact that you always have to trade off Visuals versus Technical specifications.

You want to fly a specific ship, but the layout doesnt suit you at all, please make some token like the extra doff roster spot so we can convert a single Bridge Officer station into a Universal one.

Limit it to Lieutenant commander so that ships arent able to change the commander station to a universal at least this preserves the balance somewhat.

Why in the world do you guys lap up the defiant with new materials, yet it still has this most horrible BO layout? :/

Give older ships a chance to thrive again.

Oh and fix the damn Romulan boffs already, when are they going to be nerfed or given to the Fed/kdf's?

IT will only happen when they can make money off of it, and because the use of that token would make some people be happy with just the on (or couple) ships and never buy another one, it is not going to happen

The Rom Boffs are WAI, they want everyone to play the new and shiny rom faction.
  • Options
    crappyturbocrappyturbo Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Then make the token a one use per ship that gets recorded on the character so you cannot dismiss the ship and then get it back unmodified and redo the modification.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    therealmt wrote: »

The Defiant is only terrible for those that have no clue what they're doing.

Also, in the spirit of this thread, no. There are different ships to cater to different styles and niches. It's a matter of you finding a ship that will suit your style of play, or better yet, adjust YOUR playstyle to fit the ship.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Besides it being OP, even if they did grant a per character/per ship token, can you imagine the whining to make it account-bound?
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Besides it being OP, even if they did grant a per character/per ship token, can you imagine the whining to make it account-bound?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    Giving it the ability to transform a ltcmdr slot is pretty op though, I agree. If it were to be introduced (and it won't) then I think it would most likely be limited to ensign level slots, lt at most.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    Why would the Feds/Klinks have Romulan Boffs?

Why would Romulans have Fed/KDF buffs?
    Why would Romulans have access to Fed/KDF (low level) ships?
    Why would Romulans have KDF/Fed Doffs?

Why would KDF/Fed have Romulan Doffs?

If they play want to it the way they do, they should do it right. Either Romulans keep to themselves too or the others should have the same or similar benefits.
    Becuase restricting this in the ONLY SPOT that unbalances... in a lot of peoples opinion even breaks the game makes no sense.

But for the rest of it: no, no uni slots.
    Well, for a few ships I'd love to see that looked into I admit. I, for example, can't understand why the Kumari is the only 50 bugs ship without a lc universal.
    And I can't see the reasoning behind the payoffs the BoP pays at this point in the game. And with so many universal slots around I don't think its unreasonable to make the Galaxys/Intrepits/Defaints ens slot universal. But those are details.... but universals as a rule... no I don't like the thought.
  • Options
    thekazekamithekazekami Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have to mostly agree. I don't think it's that good of an idea, because each ship is balanced according to it's weapon slots, console slots, device slots and BoFF stations.

If this did become a thing, then i would limit it to one per ship and only up to Lt levels. NOT Lt Cmnd. If you could change a Lt Cmnd slot you could really unbalance some vessels.