test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

B'rolth Skin still not working on Fleet B'rel.

therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Klingon Discussion

And they promised to look into it month ago.

Source: INTERVIEW WITH CAPTAIN GECKO
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=985761

This was 5 months ago.

[Q] There is an issue regarding the customization of many KDF fleet ships that has already been acknowledged for a long time, but nothing has been done about this. I'm referring to the lack of customization of certain fleet ships like the Corsair FDC or the Scourge that can't be customized unless you own the C-Store version, something that is not the case with the Federation fleet ships. Also, the fleet B'Rel can't use the B'Rotlh(D'Gavama) skin, while the C-Store T5 B'rel Retrofit can use it if the player owns the T1 B'rotlh. Is there any timeframe in which we can expect this issues to be ironed out?

[CaptainGeko] The Corsair and the Scourge currently have no customization options and are only available in the C-store and Fleet Store, and I do not anticipate any new costume options for those ships in the near future. As for the B'rel, we will have to look into it and see if there is something that needs attention.

cmon this wouldt take longer then 5 minutes to fix
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by therealmt on

Comments

• oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    therealmt wrote: »

And they promised to look into it month ago.

Source: INTERVIEW WITH CAPTAIN GECKO
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=985761

This was 5 months ago.

cmon this wouldt take longer then 5 minutes to fix

I've made alot of bug reports in the past about the Fleet B'rel not being able to use the B'rotlh Skin and this is like since the release of the LoR came out, kind of interesting that they seemed surprised over it like it was working to begin with...

Cryptic says alot of things they gonna look into and failed to do anything about it especially if it involves the KDF faction.

So don't expect it to be fixed soon or not at all, its just another bug on the KDF side list thats will not be fixed like Costume slots not being able to change outfits on alot of KDF players, KDF Marauding Enemy faction Boffs not being able to customized while Fed Diplomatic enemy boffs can be, Certain KHG Ground set peices no longer be able to use on the customization options and so on...
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It probably went like this:

"Yo, have you checked if it's broken?"

"Yep, it's broken."

"Well that's that then, carry on".
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    It probably went like this:

"Yo, have you checked if it's broken?"

"Yep, it's broken."

"Well that's that then, carry on".

I would laugh if this wasn't in fact the converastion they also have on a hundred of other issues.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I also just confirmed that both the Refit (B'rolth) and the Retrofit B'rel can use the new "Type 3" hull, but the Fleet B'rel still cannot use either the B'rolth options nor the Type 3 hull.

I even went so far as to dismiss and re-purchase the Fleet B'rel to see if that fixed it. There has been no fix, and I have no idea if anyone has even bothered to look at it yet.

• therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    just forget it, itll probably be fixed,when the ships are even more obsolete then they are now.

Like with all of cryptics ships and their pay2win system, youre forced to,get a new and better ship, at the expense of visual preference, worst game model ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Bug submitted and tweet to the QC team too. Here's hoping it gets fixed before Bloodbath gets the T5 Shipyard up... ;)
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I did tweet both Gecko and Jamjamz and I got no response from them what so ever.

Im gonna drop this matter, good luck. Begging for some easy pie thing to be fixed for something which was promised to be looked at months ago, no thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I did tweet both Gecko and Jamjamz and I got no response from them what so ever.

Im gonna drop this matter, good luck. Begging for some easy pie thing to be fixed for something which was promised to be looked at months ago, no thanks.

I'll say this many of us tried to get them to fix the b'rel itself to where it can be used in some kind of strategy design to work like it did in that movie where it was actually inflicting damage although it did get destroyed the b'rel we have is a future version but very much inferior to the one in the movie its advertised from. Reminds me there was some dev awhile back talking about how it has such an advantage which I am assuming that person either has never used a b'rel or thinks annoying the TRIBBLE out of people is an advantage.

So 3+ years of trying to get them to give it some love vs 5 months for a costume... Take your pick because its like an act of god or kahless to get them to do stuff for the KDF. You may not have anywhere near the amount of c-store/item ships your faction should want as well as okay every 2 years we give you a new c-store ship to buy for every 15 fed ones that come out but be happy we got you Dorn :) LOL
    edited February 2014

Welcome to the KDF then. Been waiting for them to fix the K't'inga model for 3 years now, no responses on that front either.
    edited February 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Welcome to the KDF then. Been waiting for them to fix the K't'inga model for 3 years now, no responses on that front either.

Basically the only real way to get them to ever do anything for the KDF is if some really rich KDF player happened to write a check for the same amount of money that is made off the federation playerbase and then tell them to use the money to build kdf stuff and they would require this to happen every fiscal quarter lol.

In reality that would be the only way the KDF ever would get any kind of love for its neglect from Cryptic.
    edited April 2014
    Well... We're finally T5 Shipyard, and I can personally confirm this remains broken.

The Fleet B'Rel Retrofit still does not have the C-Store B'Rotlh skin, which is listed as "D'Gavama" on the Ship Tailor by the way. If you dig into the Hex code metadata for a saved B'Rolth they list the skeleton parts as "Type3" (not to be confused with the Type 3 material)

I've now sent in a second Bug report, and once again taken to twitter to directly tweet this to @CaptainGeko who can be found here:

https://twitter.com/CaptainGeko

I've also reached out to JamJamz in the hope he may have more direct connection to actually fixing this oversight. His twitter handle can be found here:

https://twitter.com/STO_JamJamz

Please by all means join in those conversations on Twitter and help get the ball rolling. This makes little sense as a long-term bug/omission.

It may be slightly more involved than just "hooking up" the missing parts, as there appears to be a distinctly diferent ship designation in the metadata on a saved costume from the Fleet B'Rel vrs, say, the B'Rel Retro from the C-Store. Sadly, this may mean they are holding off on any manhours put towards adding the Type3 aka B'Rotlh aka D'Gavama parts until they have enough time to sort out why the B'Rel/B'Rel Retro/B'Rotlh/Fleet B'Rel Retro are not sharing saved costumes between them.
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, it's about time this to be adressed. I mean, they made this cool looking B'rotlh skin for the B'rel types BoP, but people can't use it on their best incarnation of the end-game B'rel. It's a pitty and a waste of artistic effort, I'd say many people would love to have the more modern look on their legendary BoP, but the Fleet B'rel just blows the regular one out of the sky - so B'rel Captains naturally get the fleet one as soon as they can, and they can't use the B'rotlh skin.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The T2 Qaw'Dun BOP c-store ship needs to be in for T5 also. Still no endgame BOP with that skin, except for the Elite BOP pets.
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited July 2014
    How is this STILL not fixed?

Not even a known issue, nothing, still. Despite being called out specifically in now VERY old podcast interviews.

*sigh*

:mad:
  • nlindgren57nlindgren57 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Unfortunately I have to agree. How long has the K'Tinga model been broken, this B'Rel issue, the galaxy class models weren't even fixed when they rebooted them and they still haven't been fixed. All the vet ships have been broken since November, but the intrepid had its animations fixed, and that's what counts. The new Mirror BoP is already broken, it's permanently stuck in the attack position. Give it another few years and maybe they'll get around to fixing these.
    edited July 2014
    I wouldn't be so riled up if my Twitter feed wasn't jammed up with tweet after tweet of Devs making "official" Fed uniform color guides, and yet the KDF uniform's lack of Fleet Emblem or Badge languishes in "known issues" lists. I've not heard any other promised "from the horse's mouth" KDF "simple" fixes (literally hooking up the #TRIBBLE% skins to the model, nothing more), so there's that element to the frustration as well - make good on the promise vrs fix something we haven't heard them acknowledge.

That said? My favorite forum posts are the ones that come from the playerbase being impacted which do their diligence to tear down or downplay a valid request instead of support it.

Oh no, wait, no it isnt.
    edited July 2014
    patrickngo wrote: »
    Look, you have to understand, We're KDF players, by definition (based on Cryptic's behaviour) our requests are not Valid by definition. What we get, is whatever gets left over after they've finished everything (and I do mean Everything) else-unless it's something they need a quick Beta test on before releasing into a lockbox for the Federation and Romulan players to enjoy the bugfixed version of.

Yep like raiding with the breen raider. Although you know with time being spent on flanking you know its coming in a lockbox down the road. But yeah we are not valued as a player/customer because we don't heavily play what the majority plays.

A few milestones we have coming up though for all of you looking to mark your KDF calendars though. This November will be the 2 year anniversary of Season 7 where the KHG costumes were broken and never fixed. As well this November/December is the 2 year anniversary of where we were first told that a C-store Negh'var would hit the game. As from a quote from one of the priority one prodcasts that if there is time (also refering to what you posted after they finished everything) if we get that or not which has been up in the air for almost 2 years now lol.

I'm not ungrateful for stuff they have done but I think they miss the point we all that love the Klingon side of the franchise are always trying to point out. We aren't expecting for them to write us a Klingon opera that lasts for 18 months. The point we are trying to make though is that when you (Cryptic) set out to make something to include the KDF/Klingons for that matter and not an issue where if we get around to it. It's like telling a kid who wants a candy bar I'll get it for you some day you say.

This is just a few things that pretty much would quel the Klingon rants just a short list.

1. Fix the KHG costumes.
    2. Get the C-store Negh'var in the game.
    3. Fix the b'rel costumes and all the other broken ones which most likely won't take long to fix if they actually get looked at for once.
    4. Schedule time for other battle cruisers to be put in so that our newer warriors can enjoy a discount on them and older players get anticipated items like the fed and romulans get with their purchases of c-store ships.
    5. Lastly it was stated that certain bops might get a pass and that overall it was being planned or what not to give bops specific roles which we would love to have.

So really its things they can do to make the game more stable by fixing the costume portion of the game which knocks out the majority of the minorities problems. Then add in the ships that need to be added to make it pretty much balanced on the faction issues. Then because of the lack of klingon vs fed content in the various series in the franchise to make the KDF, romulan what have you as flexible as possible so that when making all this federation content that you aren't leaving other parts of the game behind. The one last thing I will add to this though is go in and gut all the KDF/Fed war for when you hit 50 and then make all the other stuff cross faction because its just a wasted que with no one in the KDF only ones most of the time.
    edited July 2014
    I think you mean "flanking" not "raiding".;)

Anyway another persepective in this:
    KDF has fewer things than Starfleet.
    So that theses fewer things actually work is of greater importance since stuff that does not works stands out more.
    edited July 2014
    jnohd wrote: »
    How is this STILL not fixed?

Because that would require.....gulp....to fix it! :eek:
    Cryptic isn't fond of fixes, you know. But they could remove the B'rel entirely for not being "up to quality standards" and make the issue go away. :rolleyes:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • kblarghkblargh Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    I have this issue too, btw. Just adding, since Cryptic has apparently not yet noticed this exists.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    The issue still persists.

The T5 C-Store B'Rel can use the B'Rolth skin. The T5 Fleet B'Rel can't.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Hopefully when the T6 Kor is released they might care enough to add the B'Rolth hull back.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!