test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is KDF Fleet Projects issues ignored?

stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
I have posted time and time again on the BUG Report segment regarding this BUG that has plagued the Klingon player base. I fail to understand why any BUG fixes pertaining to the KDF are last in line, ignored, or completely brushed aside.

The BUG is not a new one but an old one that resurfaces from time to time, it has to do with config files of common white bridge officers. This was the last posting of one of the Devs, which appears to be over a century ago, no pun intended,
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic
I've tracked down the issue at hand. It stems from not all Bridge Officers sharing the same defining config files.

So, while these projects are set up to accept generic Boffs of the associated types, those Boffs are only currently obtained thru receiving a "Failure" outcome on Duty Officer assignments that recruit that species of Boff. The ones purchased at stores, or received from mission completion, are different config files, even though they share the same Display names. Therefore they cannot be used for these projects at this time.

We'll be updating the Projects to accept a wider range of Bridge Officers (hopefully encompassing all possibilities), and should have that fix in next week's patch.

As you can all see this is still an ongoing issue. Here is the thing, is the Federation player base getting priority over every other faction?

The KDF side still does not get the respect it deserves - That BUG alone illustrate the ordeal KDF players are facing. Is this particular BUG game breaking, of course. The fleet starbase project requiring such resources (In this case Common white BO) is at a dead stall for over two months now.

Two whole months - Some of my fleet mates even quit over such a thing, since our starbase cannot even progress. I just wish Cryptic would show some love to the KDF, at least fix the BUGS that are game breaking or effect fleet projects.

The tailor BUG issue can wait, compare to this fleet project breaking BUG.
StarTrekIronMan.jpg
Post edited by stark2k on

Comments

• wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Here is the truth KDF bugs get ignored full stop its a fact ive learned since i started playing STO.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    Here is the truth KDF bugs get ignored full stop its a fact ive learned since i started playing STO.

This saddens me, and the thing is that nobody in these forums really don't care about the game as a whole, they are more worried about capes, forks and spoons, than the game working properly, no offense to those who desire such things.

The KDF side seems to be completely ignored at the moment. Hoping for some news from the Devs about an upcoming patch this upcoming Thursday or something, fixing various BUGS across the board.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member Posts: 265
    edited February 2014
    Didn't you know? The downfall of the Klingon empire was due to bugs. Those OP creatures slaughter Quiznos in 2411 destroying blood wine sub sandwiches forever.
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Didn't you know? The downfall of the Klingon empire was due to bugs. Those OP creatures slaughter Quiznos in 2411 destroying blood wine sub sandwiches forever.
    Praxis blew up, so obviously klingons don't focus on the details. :)
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    stark2k wrote: »
    I fail to understand why any BUG fixes pertaining to the KDF are last in line, ignored, or completely brushed aside.

Because Cryptic and KDF. It's not rocket science.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    *scratches head* I can understand being tired of KDF feeling ignored...but I thought that they did fix that particular bug.

Didn't they? :confused:
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    *scratches head* I can understand being tired of KDF feeling ignored...but I thought that they did fix that particular bug.

No idea. I do know that certain bugs have a habit of re-surfacing when new seasons, updates or patches are released.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Well, 3 years ago they broke the K't'inga and fixed it for 2 months before they broke it again with Season 5. I also wonder how often they broke exploration in the past 4 years...

So this is not inconceivable.
    edited February 2014

Nope, the BUG resurfaced and is out with a vengeance, sadly Cryptic has not mentioned or talked about it since it last re-appeared.

Here is another sad news regarding borticus last Dev quote on the issue, you CANNOT FAIL those Doff BO recruitment missions. the lowest rarity that can be obtained is an uncommon green Bridge officer. All I know, is that his last post on the issue was quite some time ago.

So why is Cryptic ignoring the plight of the KDF population?
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Not sure what the OP is specifically trying to complain about, but the KDF side needs a massive debugging run.

With the Fleet's, only thing I currently am aware of is that stupid Inspection mission has yet to be fixed after two years. And with the KDF in general, you got all those Tailor Bugs that haven't been fixed since F2P went live 2+ years ago.
    edited February 2014
    Not sure what the OP is specifically trying to complain about, but the KDF side needs a massive debugging run.

With the Fleet's, only thing I currently am aware of is that stupid Inspection mission has yet to be fixed after two years. And with the KDF in general, you got all those Tailor Bugs that haven't been fixed since F2P went live 2+ years ago.

Well my primary issue is concerning a fleet starbase project upgrade, which requires common bridge officers. Unfortunately; the project itself does not accept common bridge officers from the exchange, nor the ones earned via a mission reward.

Currently the only way to earn the common bridge officer is by means of the recruitment segment in the doff missions. That in and of itself is neither effective, since the lowest possible BO earned via the doff mission is a uncommon one.

This is one of the main BUG issues that effects fleets over on the KDF side, may effect FED side as well - (I am referring to fleets that are trying to get past tier III unto Tier IV).

Then there are BUGS that involved the tailor etc... things that are not exactly being worked on for months.

I guess there is not a huge outcry at the moment since the majority of the forum playerbase belong to fleets tier IV or higher, but that is just an assumption.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg