test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Speculation] Season 9 Revealed in the new FE? The New Adventures of Neelix

noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
So now, having completed the new FE, we have a direct portal to the middle of the Delta Quadrant left open in the area of space where the Borg and Undine fought it out 20 years ago. And that Voyager has actually been to.

The Voth Sphere has actually been described as being far south of the location where Voyager used the Transwarp network to get home, ad so even if opened, would not give us access to the same races/cultures.

Tuvok makes mention that the Undine have a large enough permanent presence here that they don't even need to bring in ships from fulidic space, like thy had to do in The Pella Sector to threaten invasion of the Alpha/Beat quadrants.

So Season 9: The Delta Quadrant Expansion is now ready to go. All they need to do is set up a joint faction base/social zone in the second Dyson Sphere and let us loose.

It will give them the open door to add in any of the regional races from the DQ, and of course, bring back Jar Jar, er Neelix, and attach a new sector map centered on the Sphere.

And given that the last FE hinted that the Iconians were already cultivating servitor races in the DQ, it would certainly allow for that long term story line to grind forward.

What do you all think they will add with a DQ expansion?
Post edited by noctusxxx on

Comments

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    noctusxxx wrote: »
    So now, having completed the new FE, we have a direct portal to the middle of the Delta Quadrant left open in the area of space where the Borg and Undine fought it out 20 years ago. And that Voyager has actually been to.

The Voth Sphere has actually been described as being far south of the location where Voyager used the Transwarp network to get home, ad so even if opened, would not give us access to the same races/cultures.

Tuvok makes mention that the Undine have a large enough permanent presence here that they don't even need to bring in ships from fulidic space, like thy had to do in The Pella Sector to threaten invasion of the Alpha/Beat quadrants.

So Season 9: The Delta Quadrant Expansion is now ready to go. All they need to do is set up a joint faction base/social zone in the second Dyson Sphere and let us loose.

It will give them the open door to add in any of the regional races from the DQ, and of course, bring back Jar Jar, er Neelix, and attach a new sector map centered on the Sphere.

And given that the last FE hinted that the Iconians were already cultivating servitor races in the DQ, it would certainly allow for that long term story line to grind forward.

im thinking the iconians are prodding a sleeping beast with 8472. even if the other races are taken care of, 8472 wouldnt just let the iconians take over being a threat as just another humanoid race in the alpha and beta quadrants.

tuvok never mentioned that 8472 had a presence in the delta quadrant as he has no direct evidence to support that claim, he only mentioned that if 8472 wanted they can jump in from rifts into the delta quadrant and use the gateways to the alpha quadrant (speculating that it costs more in the way of resources to extend a fluidic rift that far across the galaxy, technological limitations or very little place to open a rift without attracting alot of attention)

its known that the solonae sphere is in the delta quadrant, but was never stated where it is in the quadrant, however the Jenolan sphere was even further into the quadrant. considering the need to keep them hidden, especially from the borg, im more inclined to think the west side of the delta quadrant near mid point not far from the outer galactic core, perhaps not far between a number of known races.

if there is an expansion on this area, it would have to be just as wracked with chaos as the alpha/beta quadrants along with npc wars between various groups.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014

A Delta Quadrant expansion is a big ask, considering much of the Alpha Quadrant still needs work.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    A Delta Quadrant expansion is a big ask, considering much of the Alpha Quadrant still needs work.
    Geko basically confirmed in today's podcast that the DQ will be the new Expansion Pack at the end of the year. It will also involve Tuvok and the Voyager.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Geko basically confirmed in today's podcast that the DQ will be the new Expansion Pack at the end of the year. It will also involve Tuvok and the Voyager.

Ugh. Hence why I still say more people should have voted for more DS9 based content.

Well it better be an assload of new worlds and sector blocks. A single adventure zone in the DQ isn't going to cut it.

Some STF-level difficulty PvE queues against the Undine (to go with inevitable Undine Reputation) are a must, too.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd love to see Neelix again. A.) Because I like Neelix myself, and B.) Because I'd like to see the collective heads of all the haters explode.
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

I do find it odd we have a stable wormhole to the Gamma Q. but only one shuttle mission there while we now have loads of content to the Delta Q. via this new canon and previous established link via transwarp to some Borg space etc. Of course they can't do everything, but I'm surprised we didn't get a Gamma Quadrant sector before this.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    considering the whole voth thing, im starting to think with the background on th voth already in place, that voth zone untouched... playable voth anyway? ofcourse no pet t-rex's with freaking lasers on their heads other than in a npc capacity like the battlesuits and mechs.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ugh everything always has to be about Voyager. I swear the arm chair generals running this thing LOVE Voyager and LOATHE TNG.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sonnikku wrote: »
    Ugh everything always has to be about Voyager. I swear the arm chair generals running this thing LOVE Voyager and LOATHE TNG.
    There was a poll on the forum last year. The fans picked wanting more information about Voyager series species.

And to be honest, I'd more interested in seeing them then I am learning more about the Founders and Dominion. DS9 basically left me feeling all I need to feel about that entire Empire. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My personal thinking is that any DQ expansion should come with a serious revamp of exploration, but since we know the latter isn't coming (since they can't figure out how to monetize it yet), I'm betting it'll be more of the same, just wearing different clothes.
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Waffle cones are a must.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yay,, 20 new missions with the recurring line "Kazon vessel approaching ... I swear to god... if they capture my ship... Tovan will be going into the cave to the grumpy eel thing.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited January 2014
    I'm thinking the planet of the '37's would be a natural Fed base, and possibly an Alliance base.

I'm rather intrigued by the idea of more storyline about a colony of humans who've never known Earth or the Federation except for one visit. Their tech and civilization is rooted in the culture of the alien slavers they overthrew, and is influenced by the culture and morals of the survivors of the 1937 kidnappings. How will they be the same? how will they be different?
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What they will add?

Talaxian Lock Box!

Grand prize: Neelix Garbage Ship with a self-destruct console that doesn't need you to be down to 25%.
    A Janeway Console pack that will give you the Janeway Console, that increases your threat generation by 38567475% by causing instant offense to any previously met or unmet species.
    Talaxian Doff Pack, containing a Purple Talaxian chef that has 95% chance to ruin any food near you.
    Trait is Annoying: talk nonstop, doing automatic damage to any enemy and ally near you.

For real?

I guess an Undine Battle Zone, complete with repuation. More Undine FE's. Next to that a revamped Terradome, now in the Delta Quadrant sector block. And most likely a new Fleet Holding.

What I am hoping? An exploration revamp. The Delta Quadrant + Expansion rather than Season. This combination gives me hope. I'm not too fond of Voyager (its good episodes like Year of Hell are not enough to save the entire series IMO). But it was a series about exploration. And with an expansion coming, this is what I am hoping.