test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why are our Distress Beacons sellable?!

gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
So, in my rush to empty out my inventory, I accidentally "sold" my Nimbus Pirates Distress Beacon. And I didn't realize this until I restarted the game, thus gone for good. Now, frankly, I've learned not to fall back on it, using my skills more than the pirates, but I have to ask:

why is that item sellable in the first place? Even if it doesn't pay anything out!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Um... I'm pretty sure you can get another one next time FE replay comes around. I could be wrong though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You can get it by replaying the mission.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    You can get it by replaying the mission.

Oh, I know that. But, it's the hassle of the thing. I gotta run across Nimbus to get it and I don't wanna run across Nimbus to get it!
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's discardable because it's an inventory item... all inventory items are discardable. Given the number of clicks it actually takes to discard something, which annoys people over the older system. I would suggest trying to at least pay a small amount of attention whiile doing it. And preferrably not doing it while drunk.

As such, at this point, run the mission again. Or do without.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Because some people might not want to be stuck with it for all eternity.
  • Options
    solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not all inventory items show up in the replicators sell-tab: lockboxes don't (you have to right-click and discard in your inventory) but the pirate call does (with a value of 0 EC).
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Slow your role, take time and actually LOOK at what you are selling.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rogueninechrogueninech Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So if you sell off inventory and then have a change of heart later, you can only buy it back on that particular gaming session?
    "The worm has turned and it is now packing an Uzi, Mary." - Will Randall
  • Options
    solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So if you sell off inventory and then have a change of heart later, you can only buy it back on that particular gaming session?
    Not even that long. Replicator and NPCs will keep your sold items available only until you change map, e.g. beam up to space/ship or leave the system.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hmm.

I've actually never used the "sell" tab in my life - I always just do the ol' right-click, discard, which inserts a couple of steps into the process, but also ensures I won't do something stupid.

But I'm inclined to agree that items which have a Value of 0 EC probably shouldn't appear under the "sell" tab. It's simply not logical.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.